The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge will present BBC Sports Personality of the Year tonight in first appearance since leaving hospital
The Duchess of Cambridge will tonight attend the prestigious BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards, the first sign that she is slowly recovering from the acute sickness that has plagued her first few weeks of pregnancy. She is only likely to attend the event in London for around 45 minutes but sources have told Mail Online she is keen to pay tribute to the nation's sportsmen and women in what has been an incredible year.
A St James's Palace spokesman said: 'The Duchess of Cambridge will tonight attend the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year Awards at the ExCeL London, where Her Royal Highness will present the Lifetime Achievement and the main Sports Personality of the Year Awards.
'The Duchess will attend the event in response to a longstanding invitation from the BBC.‪‪'

The girl is a trooper! So happy to know she is feeling better!

The BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards are always broadcast live and this year looks set to be the best ever as British sport has had an amazing year.

If Kate is presenting the main prizes, then it's likely she'll be there for the last 45 minutes of the show. It starts at 7:30pm GMT (2:30pm EST, 11:30am PST) and concludes at 10:05pm. Here's a working link for BBC 1 for those overseas:

http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=3

Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
Kate is not well enough to attend the whole 4 hour long event. She will arrive in time for the presentations.

But at least she's feeling better :)

The BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards are always broadcast live and this year looks set to be the best ever as British sport has had an amazing year.

If Kate is presenting the main prizes, then it's likely she'll be there for the last 45 minutes of the show. It starts at 7:30pm GMT (2:30pm EST, 11:30am PST) and concludes at 10:05pm. Here's a working link for BBC 1 for those overseas:

tvpc.com - BBC 1

dang EIIR ya beat me to it haha :lol: but I'm so happy we'll be able to watch this live

I know she will be glowing and radiant! This is just what I need before a long work week ahead.

(Go Ennis!!)

Wow, I'm happy that she's able to attend this engagement even for a little while. Will watch.

dang EIIR ya beat me to it haha :lol: but I'm so happy we'll be able to watch this live

You're always so on-the-ball and helpful to us all here at TRF, I'm surprised I I managed it, ghost! ;)

I would imagine she will hand out the award to Lord Coe who is being honoured with a lifetime achievement award which he richly deserves. The whole ceremony looks to be a wonderful event as there has been so much for British Sport to celebrate over the last 12 months. I'm so pleased the Duchess will be able to share in the occasion.

I'm thrilled to hear she's doing well enough to attend an engagement. I'd assumed she wouldn't be doing that for a while, so this is a lovely surprise.

Apparently she is not attending the entire event (source BBC) whicch is 2.5 hours long. She is planning to arrive in time to give the 2 awards.

James Pearce ‏@Pearcesport Woops. Just said to @sebcoe how great it was that Duchess of Cambridge was presenting his #BBCSPOTY lifetime award. He had no idea!

Zara's there apparently

Also wanted to say PA will be taking pictures from inside. I dunno if we'll get any from when she arrives but for sure when she presents

Last edited:
I always love this show, and I loved it when Zara won the award a few years ago. Nice to see Catherine attending and glad she feels well enough to give out an award. Poor girl must be feeling awful. When I feel sick the last thing I want to do is put on a posh frock, get my hair and make-up done and smile to a lot of people. I know it's not exactly hard work, but when one feels ill it's hard to do anything.

I was really ill on Friday and Saturday and had no energy at all to even get out of bed and change out my pjs so I say bravo to Catherine cause like you said when your sick it's so hard to do anything.

This is a good answer to the accusation that the Duchess is "lazy." She could have stayed home tonight because of her sickness, but she's getting dressed and polished up to present an award. She's a very determined lady.:flowers:

This is a good answer to the accusation that the Duchess is "lazy." She could have stayed home tonight because of her sickness, but she's getting dressed and polished up to present an award. She's a very determined lady.:flowers:

I share your sentiments.

That was just media meanness. The Duchess has never seemed the least bit lazy to me and as you say, today proves it! I am an expert, I am the Queen of Lazy! ;)

If Kate is attending the last part of the show, she should be there shortly after 9pm which is in 20 minutes or so.

I always love this show, and I loved it when Zara won the award a few years ago. Nice to see Catherine attending and glad she feels well enough to give out an award. Poor girl must be feeling awful. When I feel sick the last thing I want to do is put on a posh frock, get my hair and make-up done and smile to a lot of people. I know it's not exactly hard work, but when one feels ill it's hard to do anything.

I agree. I am impressed she is coming at all. But, Kate has always struck me as a trooper.

I hope there are photos of Catherine as well as the BBC video. The show is quite good actually although the presenters aren't the best hahaha :lol:

Since the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award is discussed here, just thought to post a bit of heads up: Zara is currently on the stage as representative of the Equestrian Team. She call her taking part in the games in London a massive honour and said the experience was just incredible.

It's great to see Zara there as well.

Is there somewhere to watch this live online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom