The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Another official royal engagement for Kate. She will attend the 20th annual ICAP Charity Day in the City of London on December 5.

Kate's appearance at ICAP will help raise cash for The Art Room and Tusk Trust, charities which she and William are patrons of respectively.

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
The Duchess will also be at Natural History Museum tonight to open Treasures exhibition, featuring its most wonderful exhibits of all time

it seems the engagement today is in the evening

It just goes to show you that Catherine is becoming comfortable at handling official engagements on her own.

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporterIt's a chilly evening outside the Natural History Museum, where the Duchess of Cambridge is due soon.

Kate's going to make a few brief remarks here tonight. Broadcaster Sir David Attenborough, recovering from an operation, is no longer coming

Mark Stewart@RegalEyesKate' s wearing green dress , looks like the Mulberry one she wore to Diamond Jubilee media reception

Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Attends The

Last edited by a moderator:
A wee bit old-fashioned - and I agree it does look like the Mulberry dress she has worn once before.

A wee bit old-fashioned - and I agree it does look like the Mulberry dress she has worn once before.
It is indeed the same Mulberry "Cabbage" dress she had worn exactly one year ago, in November of 2011.
Have a look at this post and this thread for more information. :)

I liked this dress the first time she wore it and I like it on her now. I agree about her makeup- it looks softer than it has in the past and the look suits her. I also actually really like the way she's cut her hair- I feel like it has more shape now.

This thread is about the event, not her fashion. She is appropriately dressed for what is a large, stone, cold, Victorian building. She opened the exhibition and made a speech and all without Lord Attenborough as expected as he is unwell. Good to see her out doing solo engagements.

Is there any video available of her speech yet?

The dress is okay; what's amusing me is having it buttoned up to her ears. Sweetie, it's okay if you have a few buttons undone. I swear we won't think of you in scandalous terms.

The only problem I have with the hair is that it seems more...curtain-like around her face. What I mean is, it's like it's her own way to hide in public. Jennifer Aniston gave an interview once where she said the reason she's kept the same hairstyle for so long was because she didn't want it pulled away from her face. She could hide behind it like a security blanket or something.

But the whole point could be moot as she could come out tomorrow with her hair in a bun and swearing to keep it like that forever.

Sir David was set to make a speech but he couldn't attend so Catherine said a few words instead, not sure if their will be video from inside though.

:previous:

Her speech may not be available yet but excerpts from it are.
Kate said that "The Natural History Museum has a very special place in the heart of this nation", that she "cares passionately about what this museum stands for" and that "being here tonight, seeing some of nature’s finest treasures, reminds me just how precious and awe inspiring the natural world is."

Last edited:
Well, I thought HRH looked beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing a video of her speech.

I love that Catherine has passion for culture-related things, as well as causes that deal with helping those in need. It says a great deal about her, and I hope that those who admire her will take a leaf out of her book, and either volunteer, and set a foot in a museum and learn something new. As for her hair, I think it would look better if parted to the side rather than down the middle.

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days - and I hope I can explain what I'm thinking without offending anyone - cos I don't want to; but sometimes its difficult to explain clearly enough in print.

There is a thread for discussions on clothes and hair and makeup. And this is a thread about her work. And we need to separate those, IMO. We (I'm including myself) all like to look at all the Royal women and comment on their clothes but lets be honest - that's not what any of them are there for, its not their job.

We all have an interest in royalty or we wouldn't be here and if we just focus on the fashion stuff we trivialise the work that the royals do. So let's really separate these topics. I personally feel that recently I've lost sight of the information that is truly important and got caught up in the the glossy stuff.

Memo to self: get back on track.

You don't have to agree; just thinking out loud.

:previous:

What you suggest is wise; current events thread should not turn into fashion discussions. Unfortunately, the problem is that most (if not all) that is reported on Kate concerns her fashion choices so it's somewhat hard to speak of anything else.

Take today's event, for instance. Did we get a single article explaining why she was there, what the event was about, or just basic facts about the National History Museum? Nope. Instead, we got detailed articles about her "cabbage" dress, new haircut and whatnot. It's hard to comment on something that, well, doesn't exist - and as far as media is concerned, the only things about Kate that matter are her sartorial choices and hairstyles.

Catherines upcoming events are in 30th and 5th right? or are more out there? its just to mark my calendar of royal events^^

...as far as media is concerned, the only things about Kate that matter are her sartorial choices and hairstyles.
Its not the only thing that matters, but it is the thing that winds everyone up and gets them going.
The tabloids are not the PR wing of the BRF, their only concern is page hits.
As long as articles about Catherine's fashion in the DM receive 500 comments in the space of a couple of hours, it will continue but I agree about the current events thread and I'm guilty of posting fashion/style comments in the wrong thread

Please note that off topic and empty posts have been deleted.

Let's try to stay on topic...which are Catherine's Current Events.

No video of her speech yet? Odd as it's been hours now since the visit.

ITA w/Kate about the book on Birds of North America. Those illustrations are gorgeous!!

I really like the new hairstyle and that particular type of green really suits her I think. Now I just wish I could see video of Kate's speech to see how she's coming along w/her Public Speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom