The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, if you can't say anything nice about the woman, don't post in her thread. Seems rather simple. Also, it sounds incredibly childish and VERY catty to say that you enjoy reading what is essentially, insults and denigrations toward people you don't know, than for no other reason than because you don't like them either.

Foul. Just, foul.

Can people be nice around here please? I think the negative comments are going a tad overboard. I know we are all entitled to our opinion but can we remain civil? Catherine may not be perfect to some but to some eyes she has done a great job and the way she looks and dresses are spot on. She is not going to please everyone but to some she has carried herself in an impecable manner. Now if we can get back to the topic of this thread please. Thank you.

I do not agree that if you can't post something nice you have to go away. Let's face it, these forums are largely one-sided due to the fact that if you say something remotely out-of-line you get attacked for it. If a thousand people can post freely about how amazing/perfect/stylish etc. they feel a Royal is based on their own personal judgment, why can't someone post something that bucks the trend without getting into all sorts of trouble with other posters? Everyone just wants to share their opinion, so let them! It makes things more interesting.

Does anyone know what times and such that Wills, Kate and Harry will be meeting up with the Olympic flame at BP on the 26th? I am so counting down the hours till the Olympics start!

Lots of detail on times on the BRF and Olympics thread. I'd direct you but I'm a numpty on stuff like that

I do not agree that if you can't post something nice you have to go away. Let's face it, these forums are largely one-sided due to the fact that if you say something remotely out-of-line you get attacked for it. If a thousand people can post freely about how amazing/perfect/stylish etc. they feel a Royal is based on their own personal judgment, why can't someone post something that bucks the trend without getting into all sorts of trouble with other posters? Everyone just wants to share their opinion, so let them! It makes things more interesting.

This is about being pleasant and positive to each other rather than just posting nice stuff about the royals.
There is constructive criticism which is fine but just a general slagging off is unhelpful.
this Forum has had a couple of difficult days.

There is constructive criticism which is fine but just a general slagging off is unhelpful.
this Forum has had a couple of difficult days.

It certainly has. Some people follow the motto "if you havent got anything nice to say don;t say anything at all" while other follow the motto "if you haven't got anything nice to say come sit by me". Unproven charges and general slagging are not especially helpful or informative.

Does anyone know what times and such that Wills, Kate and Harry will be meeting up with the Olympic flame at BP on the 26th? I am so counting down the hours till the Olympics start!

From what I can make out on the BBC Torch relay site (BBC - Olympic Torch Relay - Camden to Westminster), it's due to be at Buckingham Palace at 18:35 BST (13:35 EST, 10:35 PST). It's only going to be there for about 15-20 minutes. The weather's looking great, though, so we should see some nice shots outside BP.

There's a difference between sharing critiques and insulting people simply for the sake of it. I'd think the former is preferred here, not the latter. If you don't like The Duchess of Cambridge, there's plenty of other people discussed on this website that you could talk about. Why waste time and energy slagging off someone you don't like?

Some of the comments levied toward the Duchess fall beyond the realms of decency, IMO.

Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S. :)

Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S. :)

I am too, except for gymnastics- the American gymnastics team is dynamite and I can't wait to see them perform.

I'm hoping the Duchess or another member of the family shows up at the gymnastic events. They're my favorite, besides the equestrian events.

She's scheduled to see gymnastics on August 4th or 5th. Can't remember which one.

Yes she is paid, overpaid I´d say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and don´t make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didn´t move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?

I'm sorry, but having to go out in public and meet people IS work. In my opinion, it's even more taxing than sitting in an office, handling papers, because in Catherine's case, she has to interact, sometimes for hours on end, and that takes a lot out of you. Being around people is exhausting, because you have no time to take a mental break. If you're in a bad mood, or don't want to be there, you can't just walk around with a sulky facial expression, because it's unprofessional. Imagine, you're going through something difficult in your personal life, you have to leave that at the door, and put on a happy face. Since Catherine has yet to give me an impression of not enjoying her public engagements, as well as meeting new people, I'd say she's putting in her time and then some. It's quite obvious you don't like this person, so why bother coming on her threads and spewing such nastiness?

I own lots of expensive things that i did not earn, they were called gifts. Everyone is allowed to receive gifts no matter how expensive they are. It's called being 'nice'.

Same here. Catherine is a human being, like the rest of us, so why not allow her to indulge, and receive 'nice' and 'expensive' things, when we give ourselves plenty of reasons to do the same?

Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S :)

Same here :D.

COESpiral said:
She's scheduled to see gymnastics on August 4th or 5th. Can't remember which one.

Yay! I'm very excited to hear it. Thanks for the information.

The Duchess of Cambridge has a non Olympic Event this evening, apparently it is cocktail dress attire not evening gown.

Yes she is paid, overpaid I´d say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and don´t make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didn´t move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?

Have you ever had to meet and greet people? I've had to do it as part of my last senior management position. And I hated it. Walking into a room and being polite and chatting for hours to people I didn't know, worried about saying something I shouldn't or that could be misconstrued; not eating or drinking in case of spillages(!) trying to remember names and organisations and at the end feeling wrung out like a limp rag.

It's work - it really is.

Yay! I'm very excited to hear it. Thanks for the information.

for some reason I expect her to bring kids from one of her charities with her to the gymnastics and/or the synchronized swimming- i havent heard anything - just my own supposition.

What kind of cocktail event? I wonder would it be with some of the atheletes? Keep us posted. :)

I do it sometimes as part of my husband's work. It does take mental and emotional effort--and I'm not in a position where I have to look perfect for the media! Sometimes I've had to walk into a room of people I don't know, shake hands, and chat a bit, knowing that whatever I said or did would reflect on my husband and his work. Plus I live in a fishbowl. Plus I'm an introvert. It's far from easy.

Have you ever had to meet and greet people? I've had to do it as part of my last senior management position. And I hated it. Walking into a room and being polite and chatting for hours to people I didn't know, worried about saying something I shouldn't or that could be misconstrued; not eating or drinking in case of spillages(!) trying to remember names and organisations and at the end feeling wrung out like a limp rag.

LadyGabrielle said:
What kind of cocktail event? I wonder would it be with some of the atheletes? Keep us posted. :)

No athletes.

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend The UK’s Creative Industries Reception at Royal Academy of Arts on Monday. Kate will meet 800 representatives of UK’s leading creative companies, industry figureheads, as well as guests from overseas businesses.

Guest list (real mixed bag) includes David Cameron, Tracy Emin, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Jeremy Hunt, Roger Daltry, Lulu, Frank Skinner and Julian Fellowes amongst the 800 present.

This is a really senior event for Catherine to do on her own - its part of the GREAT campaign with the PM present. Good for her.

This is a really senior event for Catherine to do on her own - its part of the GREAT campaign with the PM present. Good for her.

My thought as well, cepe, certainly this event is a step up in terms of importance for Kate on her own. There must be confidence in her personally for her to be able to go to this incredibly high-profile event solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom