The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guards look so silly with the shamrock on their hats.

Seems like she's enjoying herself. I'm glad she didn't go too cliche with a bright green outfit.

I think Kate's outfit is nearly perfect for this occasion, she is really enjoying herself on this day.

Rumours seem to suggest that Catherine will attend today's Wales vs France Six Nations match in Cardiff.
That should be interesting! Hope the information is accurate.
Good luck to... Well, I wanted to say Wales but I'm actually supporting France, so just good luck to both teams. :)

I don't believe it, the DM seems to be falling in love with Catherine! No more "Waity-Katie"-talk but calling her "Her Royal Highness", "Queenly", "Sophisticated", "Just beautiful", "Affectionate" and "Perfectly poised": what more does a future queen need in terms of praise?

That is a very favorable article. Nice to see something kind from them when it comes to Catherine.

Lovely video. I enjoy watching her do pretty much everything with a genuine smile.

My contribution of the day:
Video: The Duchess of Cambridge presents St Patrick's Day shamrock to Irish Guards - Telegraph

As the Daily Mail have shown with their recent articles about Camilla, they'll write just about anything to get a reaction. I mean, they had a number of articles about how Camilla has really proved herself as the wife of the heir, her good work with charities etc. Then they post an article about Camilla wearing 'Diana's jewels', knowing the vitriol that would provoke.

In short, they're shameless.

Well, they can only post an article about Camilla wearing 'Diana's jewels', if Camilla wears the jewels associated with Diana. It's a simple matter to avoid that. After all, it's not as though Camilla does not have many others to choose from.

And Kate looks great. I think she's done a great job so far.

Well, they can only post an article about Camilla wearing 'Diana's jewels', if Camilla wears the jewels associated with Diana. It's a simple matter to avoid that. After all, it's not as though Camilla does not have many others to choose from.

But they'd already reported on it once before. And they skip over the fact that they were never Diana's. She was just allowed to borrow them for a while, like other royal ladies did previously and will do in the future. No one, except the Diana fanatics, would have associated that brooch with Diana. Apart from the engagement ring I don't think the general public associate any jewellery with Diana.

I so can't wait to get home from work to check out all these videos.

Love the pics of the dog getting a shamrock:ROFLMAO::cool:
And as always the pics of Kate with the little kids made me smile!:D

Those were my favorite images too :D. The dog was trying to get acquainted with Catherine while she was pinning the shamrock on. Too cute. The little girls were looking at her with such admiration. Must be very cool to meet a real princess rather than an actress who dresses like one.

He fainted due to the heat. Those uniforms can't be the most comfortable things to wear, and I would imagine that thick, heavy wool traps heat like no one's business. You've made it sound like he fainted as a result of meeting her, which while theatrical, is a tad on the untrue side.

I saw the moment he fainted live on Sky News. He literally fell to the ground and didn't move. Everyone seemed to pause for a moment and then several guards rushed over with a stretcher. It happens most years during practice for Trooping the Colour, which is in June and so can be very warm. It wasn't particularly warm today, perhaps he just wasn't feeling well.

Sister Morphine said:
He fainted due to the heat. Those uniforms can't be the most comfortable things to wear, and I would imagine that thick, heavy wool traps heat like no one's business. You've made it sound like he fainted as a result of meeting her, which while theatrical, is a tad on the untrue side.

Then you have obviously read what I wrote incorrectly. The soldier fainted after meeting Catherine. It's quite simple to understand, I mean what I wrote. You have interpreted it that I wrote he fainted because he met Catherine, which is wrong as i never used the word because. As EIIR said, it wasn't hot today particularly not down south and whilst his clothes might have been warm he was just standing still at the time. It is more likely that he was feeling ill.

It's not only that heavy wool, but the bearskin too. A cousin of mine, who is now retired Military, was telling us of the one time he had to wear the full Ceremonial Dress kit for the Governor General's visit where his Regiment was stationed. He told us that when you combine that heavy uniform w/that bearskin, there's nowhere for the body heat to escape, so you get overheated really fast and then...

Lance is amazed it doesn't happen more often actually.

Kate looked fantastic today and really seemed to be enjoying herself.

Oh and I love Irish Wolfies too. Such great dogs. :)

It's said that 50 percent of your body heat is trapped when you wear a hat, and coupled with a heavy wool ceremonial uniform, this poor soldier had to have been baking. And if you're feeling unwell to start with, well....

And that Irish wolfhound was definitely impressive and massive in size, but seemed to have fallen for Kate's charms as well. I liked that part when she attached the shamrocks to its collar.

I have to say that she look delighted today and very much at ease. How surreal is it to have all these men in formal military uniform congregate in your honor, salute you and drink toasts to you? I'd be pinching myself black and blue, thinking I'm dreaming.

Last edited:
I loved how happy Kate looked today perhaps more so then normal. It just made the pictures 100X better.

I have to say that she look delighted today and very much at ease. How surreal is it to have all these men in formal military uniform congregate in your honor, salute you and drink toasts to you? I'd be pinching myself black and blue, thinking I'm dreaming.

I have the feeling that Catherine is very well aware that the honour, salutes and toasts are not for her personally but for her position within the monarchy. I really like how she seems to try to be up to the point in her parts of the ceremonies as well. Those ceremonies (or call them rituals) are part of the glue that keeps a society together. (Taxpaying as financial community effort to keep society working is another). Or think of a priest - both the active service to his congregation and the ritual of Mass (other religious service) is glue to keep peope together.

And I for one applaud Catherine for having taken on such a role instead of persuing a career. Society work instead of individual success. There are, if Harry is to be believed, not that much girls around who would make that choice if asked. But that's the girls the monarchy and society need.

Catherine looked beautiful and confident. I just can't stop praising her for the wonderful job she is doing with all her appearances. Now the next test, the speech. Can't wait. :)

I have the feeling that Catherine is very well aware that the honour, salutes and toasts are not for her personally but for her position within the monarchy. I really like how she seems to try to be up to the point in her parts of the ceremonies as well. Those ceremonies (or call them rituals) are part of the glue that keeps a society together. (Taxpaying as financial community effort to keep society working is another). Or think of a priest - both the active service to his congregation and the ritual of Mass (other religious service) is glue to keep peope together.

I understand what you're saying, that this isn't a personal accolade for Catherine and I didn't intend to mean otherwise, but I still can't help feeling that as a novice - and she still is, despite the confident appearances she's made and her ease in performing whatever duties she must - she has to feel it rather daunting to partake in these ceremonies and have such a spectrum of honors directed at her by means of her position. I just try to put myself in that situation of coming from an ordinary background to such a status as this, with all the adjustments this has to involve, and I would find it very surreal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom