The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's not always easy to figure out what to do with your hands.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
If you notice an number of royals do this hands held front or hands held in back thing (Phillip, Harry, Charles, etc.) I read once that this helps alleviate stress on the back while they do all that standing about on visits. It also makes them appear calm and makes for tidy pictures.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

More galleries

Kate Middleton : Nouvelle coiffure et robe recyclée, la drôle de dame émerveille

Kate Middleton shows off her new hairstyle at the opening of The Natural History Museums' Treasures Gallery - hellomagazine.com
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know, which is why I suggested she carry a clutch.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Courtier

This is crazy and grasping for something that is nothing. Are they going to say Kate is paying homage to her late mother-in-law when she gets pregnant? You know, because Diana was pregnant too.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Is there any video available of her speech yet?
The 2nd link in Duke-of-Earl's post at #1666 contains a video.
The "speech", to call it that, is 6 to 7 seconds long.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Is anyone else tired of seeing Kate holding her hands? I wish she would carry a clutch so she doesn't have to hold her hands so much. I swear she got out of the car holding her hands.
I was taught to do this as a young child, as it precludes fidgeting. She's doing it right. Even a clutch is fidgitable.

I don't think she gave a speech, she merely uttered a four second opening statement.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The speech in full (from DukeandDuchessofCambridge.org)

Thank you Dr Dixon.
"Before I start, I would also like to send my very best wishes to Sir David. It is a great shame that he cannot be here this evening.‬‪

"It is a huge honour to be here tonight. The Natural History Museum has a very special place in the heart of this nation. ‬‪William and I are just two of millions of people who have passed through these doors, and marvelled at the spectacular wonders of the natural world, housed in this beautiful gallery.‬‪

"I care passionately about what this museum stands for. Being here tonight, seeing some of nature’s finest treasures, reminds me just how precious and awe inspiring the natural world is.

"That is why the opening of Treasures is so incredibly exciting. If it were ever needed, there is now even more reason to visit this wonderful museum. ‬‪ It is a real privilege for me to declare Treasures, in The Cadogan Gallery, officially open.‬‪‬‪‬‪"

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Video here: Home - ITNSource News
Old 11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I think she's improving quite a bit in her public speaking! She seems much less nervous than she used to and her words sound a lot less forced. I think with time, the Duchess may turn into quite a gifted public speaker.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think she's improving quite a bit in her public speaking! She seems much less nervous than she used to and her words sound a lot less forced. I think with time, the Duchess may turn into quite a gifted public speaker.
I agree, she has the makings of a great public speaker. Whoever is working with her helping her hone her speaking skills is doing a great job.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Nobility

Lovely,just lovely.
She appears much more relaxed..
Lucky lady
Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Courtier

can't wait until her next engagement! on Friday
Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
This is crazy and grasping for something that is nothing. Are they going to say Kate is paying homage to her late mother-in-law when she gets pregnant? You know, because Diana was pregnant too.
Oh, Duchess, how you made me laugh with that pithy remark!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know the schedule for tomorrow?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Does anyone know the schedule for tomorrow?
Nothing as of yet, as far as I know.

Just this link from a couple days ago, that I posted above.

Kate set to visit former school - MSN UK News

I'm looking forward to it though, I'm getting spoiled by all her appearances haha
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I see The Countess of Wessex Patron, DEBRA, will also attend the ICAP Fundraising Day at 2 Broadgate, London on December 5th.

I wonder if Catherine & Sophie will show up the event at the sametime or at different times?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
ITA...She's come quite a way since that first speech at EACH last Winter. I noticed Catherine didn't peek down at the notes as much as she the last two outings. That can only mean her confidence is growing and that's a wonderful sign.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Nothing as of yet, as far as I know.

Just this link from a couple days ago, that I posted above.

Kate set to visit former school - MSN UK News

I'm looking forward to it though, I'm getting spoiled by all her appearances haha
me too it's so great!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

Kate goes back to her old school - UK, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Kate goes back to her old school | National News Headlines, Latest UK News & International News Updates

Closed Thread