The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge visits Gateshead: Keyfund charity-
ROYAL: Duchess of Cambridge visits Gateshead: Keyf | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Duchess of Cambridge visits Newcastle: Elswick Park-
ROYAL: Duchess of Cambridge visits Newcastle: Elsw | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Duchess of Cambridge visits Stockton-On-Tees: CRI Stockton Recovery Service:
ROYAL: Duchess of Cambridge visits Stockton-On-Tee | Archive Footage | ITN Source

Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane

This is common practice of the women in the BRF, at least the Queen herself does it often. She continues to do it even on international tours, so nothing new here.
Nice to be informed that this is actually a common practice and not something unique to Catherine.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton to go solo at London Olympics party - Telegraph
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

This is from yesterday found it on a Will and Kate tumblr
Kate at a service station and possibly church this morning

royalfever:
soveryroyallyobsessed:
Greg Hine ‏@gregdhine
#shocked just saw Kate Middleton in the service station on the M11!
-
Nicole Bottomley ‏@Cole771
Kate middleton in welcome break!!!!!!!!
-
Emma Bowdidge ‏@EmmaPhotog
Kate Middleton was just spotted here at work #
Apparently she was at the church for a christening, and she was the baby’s godmother?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman
Video: The Duchess of Cambridge visiting Addiction Clinic in Newcastle-

Single Video Player

I hope this link works because you can see Catherine leaving and greeting the crowds. A little girl was due to give the Duchess some flowers but decided not to and Catherine thought that was very funny.
Thanks for the video. Was really cute.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess and Lupo along with Pippa have been spotted at the Burlington Arcade Christmas Bazaar

Pictures can be found here: Fashionably Royal (thecambridges: Kate, Pippa and Lupo are at...)
Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton With Lupo at a Charity Event
Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The Christmas Bazaar was in aid of Ormiston childrens charity
Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

So great to see HRH out with her sister and Lupo and supporting a charity.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Majesty

Great to see the Duchess out and about, enjoying herself and helping a good cause.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pippa Middleton takes time out of promoting book for girls' evening with sister Kate... and even puppy Lupo comes too | Mail Online
Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
The Duchess looks lovely ,, her outfit casual and stylish ,, I like Brown colour with jeans colour , Nice one ,,, Pipa looks good too , Casual elegant
Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, Kate does look lovely and I really love her coat. However, I do have one criticism aimed at Pippa and it's not something nasty either...

Anyone see a Poppy on her anywhere? I realize we only saw one angle of her in the pictures of that article *and* it could have been hidden by her hair, but I doubt it as Kate's is plainly seen on her jacket.

For the Granddaughter of a WWII Veteran to not have a Poppy on her coat...

Sorry, but this really is a sore spot for me, as I'm the Niece and Cousin of WWII Veterans and have been going to Veterans Events in Canada since I was little. One of my Dad's two brothers never did make it back home and is in the Commonwealth War Cemetery near Oxford. So knowing I likely share that much w/Kate and her siblings and then seeing Pippa w/out a Poppy...

Sorry for the rant, but...Yeah.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Gentry

I'm American, but I seem to recall hearing that they're attached with a pin. How would you pin that on a leather jacket? I'm assuming she's got it on her blouse underneath, because the jacket would be tough. She's far to media savvy to be caught without one. At least she better be!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Actually, with the conventional means of using a pin to keep the poppy on you it's very hard to have one for more than a day because the fall off. Or you keep them on the coat you placed it on when you bought, you don't really buy a poppy for every outfit. A lot of people have bought the more sturdy poppies this year, there's a pin for instance which stays on any clothing securely however it's tiny, about the size of a fingernail.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see why Kate brought her dog to the Burlington Arcade; that hardly seems the place for dogs. (At least, I have never seen one there).
It was bound to be very crowded, with food and drinks and lots of people milling around, so why drag along a dog to go shopping? Strange!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't see why Kate brought her dog to the Burlington Arcade; that hardly seems the place for dogs. (At least, I have never seen one there).
It was bound to be very crowded, with food and drinks and lots of people milling around, so why drag along a dog to go shopping? Strange!
As it was a bazar for a children's charity, it could well be that there were some of the children benefiting fromthe charitable occasion there - maybe Catherine thought they would be delighted to meet her dog?

I just looked up their homepage at ormiston.org and saw they work to help traumatized children. So meeting Lupo of Cambridge might have been something special for some of the kids?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder if it could have been an attempt to acclimate Lupo to different public situations. In the future, he could find himself in large crowds, in front of numerous flash cameras, or any of several other potentially stressful environments, in the company of his masters. Better to test his reaction and train him to maintain a calm demeanor at this young age, than to deal with a potentially disasterous situation later. JMHO.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
As it was a bazar for a children's charity, it could well be that there were some of the children benefiting fromthe charitable occasion there - maybe Catherine thought they would be delighted to meet her dog?

I just looked up their homepage at ormiston.org and saw they work to help traumatized children. So meeting Lupo of Cambridge might have been something special for some of the kids?
Or maybe the charity asked Catherine to bring Lupo for that same reason. I'm sure the children (and some adults) were thrilled to meet that sweet puppy. I know I would have been.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think there was a very good reason why Catherine brought Lupo to the charity event. Puppies have a way of cheering young children and others up and I think that's why HRh brought Lupo along.

Closed Thread