The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The last video at the :40 mark is just so adorable. When the little girl made her tiny curtsey to Kate, it looked like Kate also bobbed in unison with the child. Too sweet.....

Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Majesty

Two more articles; one from 'The Telegraph' and the other from 'Express'.

Valentine's Day: Prince William sends gifts to Duchess of Cambridge - Telegraph

I love the fact that the little boy mentioned in the second article got to hug both, William and Catherine. Too sweet . Great memories to have.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Valentine's Day surprise for Kate

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful stories. She's really uplifted a lot of spirits today and vice versa, I suspect!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Wonderful stories. She's really uplifted a lot of spirits today and vice versa, I suspect!
Heck, my spirits were lifted just from looking at the pictures/videos and reading the stories. She exudes kindness, compassion and sincerity.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The smoothie was called the Duchess - a blend of banana, almonds, milk, honey and cream. I'm sure you could experiment with the ingredients if you can't get the exact recipe; it really sounds yummy!
Thanks for the list of ingrediants. I'll have to play around w/them and see what I can come up w/.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

^Same here I'm planning on making one similar tomorrow especially since I always need to drink a smoothie each day since I have low magnesium and potassium levels.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Nobility

That's so cute that she told that little kid the name of her dog and that he's not telling anyone. That'll show the press! :)

How much access does William have to the media in the Falklands? I hope he can see how wonderfully she is doing! Can't wait to see her with the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Falklands have broadband internet and I'm sure it's available within the large military base where William's staying. I'll bet Kate will have spoken with him on the phone last night to let him know how it went. William will be rightly proud of how she did yesterday.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The last video at the :40 mark is just so adorable. When the little girl made her tiny curtsey to Kate, it looked like Kate also bobbed in unison with the child. Too sweet.....
She is doing it instinctively, I think, in order not to loose the eye contact with the little girl. Kind of her. I liked the scene when she unveiled the plaque together with the little boy and checked beforehand if Ethan was ready and then did it so that the kid really could be successful in doing it in unisono with her.She really has a great hand for kids. Plus it appears that she has the same inner attitude to (let's face it: sometimes boring) Royal duties as HM: she sees the reaction of the people and does it for them. And the people feel her hnest wish to be there for them. Even if she can only be a gallion figure in so many ways - but she is a kind one.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I agree with you. She has done so well. It's as if she has been doing this all her life. I'm impressed with how good she is with children. She's more at ease with them than with adults (not at all shocking, because children are more genuine, and if they don't like you, they'll avoid you at all costs). Catherine's compassion for others is beautiful to watch. She's very engaged with whomever it is she's speaking to. I can imagine that it makes others feel at ease. She has no airs about her, and I hope she remains this way.

Well said! I'm in complete agreement. She's an asset to the Royal Family, United Kingdom, and the rest of the Commonwealth.

That's what really makes me admire this woman. She's not afraid to share herself. She's sincere and it's very evident. She's not afraid to give a hug, or to get down and be a little silly so that a little one can smile. She has a magic touch. She gave the kids some very fond memories to have and think about when they're dealing with unpleasant medical treatments.
Beautiful post Daria. I agree with it 100%! The bold section is my favorite part of the post.... sounds so familiar.... I wonder why!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton at Madame Tussauds: 4 Duchess of Cambridge waxworks to be unveiled | Mail Online
Old 02-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Wow that will be interesting to see her images in wax. I suppose they will look acurate. I just looked at the William and Harry figures but dont think they look exactly like them. I dont know, just my opinion.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, LadyGabrielle, the figures of William and Harry are just off somehow.

I almost dread to see what the 4 figures of Kate will look like.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
That's so cute that she told that little kid the name of her dog and that he's not telling anyone. That'll show the press! :)
I agree - I think that is priceless!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
Hmmm....now what bribe would the press give that child to reveal this tidbit if they deem it really newsworthy? That's if he's even bribeable!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Loved seeing Kate hug the little children, so affectionate and warm. Am looking forward to seeing the wax figure!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully it'll look more lifelike and less scary than some of these bridal dolls on the market!