The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yay! I'm very excited to hear it. Thanks for the information.
for some reason I expect her to bring kids from one of her charities with her to the gymnastics and/or the synchronized swimming- i havent heard anything - just my own supposition.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

What kind of cocktail event? I wonder would it be with some of the atheletes? Keep us posted. :)

Old 07-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Majesty

I do it sometimes as part of my husband's work. It does take mental and emotional effort--and I'm not in a position where I have to look perfect for the media! Sometimes I've had to walk into a room of people I don't know, shake hands, and chat a bit, knowing that whatever I said or did would reflect on my husband and his work. Plus I live in a fishbowl. Plus I'm an introvert. It's far from easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Have you ever had to meet and greet people? I've had to do it as part of my last senior management position. And I hated it. Walking into a room and being polite and chatting for hours to people I didn't know, worried about saying something I shouldn't or that could be misconstrued; not eating or drinking in case of spillages(!) trying to remember names and organisations and at the end feeling wrung out like a limp rag.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle
What kind of cocktail event? I wonder would it be with some of the atheletes? Keep us posted. :)
No athletes.

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend The UK’s Creative Industries Reception at Royal Academy of Arts on Monday. Kate will meet 800 representatives of UK’s leading creative companies, industry figureheads, as well as guests from overseas businesses.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

First picture; https://twitter.com/wilkinson_david/...03760959721473

Sideways picture but full on; https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...07966705790977
Old 07-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Guest list (real mixed bag) includes David Cameron, Tracy Emin, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Jeremy Hunt, Roger Daltry, Lulu, Frank Skinner and Julian Fellowes amongst the 800 present.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

liltinglimes ‏@liltinglimes RT @ragandbow: Breaking news we are 1 metre away from Kate Middleton! http://twitpic.com/adkpnh

David Wilkinson ‏@Wilkinson_David Kate being introduced to VIP guests at @royalacademy #kate #royal http://pic.twitter.com/Xhf8Qu1U

Tamy ‏@thecambridges
Clear picture... http://pic.twitter.com/8adzQIJv

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
For the Royal Academy reception, The Duchess of Cambridge recycles the Roksanda Ilincic dress she wore from last year's LA tour
Old 07-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

First pro photos
https://twitter.com/thecambridges/st...924800/photo/1
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...e0igo1_500.jpg
Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Some more pictures:
- Kate 1
- Kate 2
- Kate 3
- Kate 4

A huge gallery from Getty.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a really senior event for Catherine to do on her own - its part of the GREAT campaign with the PM present. Good for her.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Article Elegant Kate looks polished in palest grey as she steps out solo for cocktail reception | Mail Online
Old 07-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Nobility

I love her look in this one

Hair in bun
Old 07-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks wonderful!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This is a really senior event for Catherine to do on her own - its part of the GREAT campaign with the PM present. Good for her.
My thought as well, cepe, certainly this event is a step up in terms of importance for Kate on her own. There must be confidence in her personally for her to be able to go to this incredibly high-profile event solo.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Wow! She looks beautiful. Almost a different person. Fantastic look! Fantastic hair style! Thumbs up!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Aristocracy

Absolutely stunning!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

This is one of the best looks I've seen on her yet.

LaRae
Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I was impressed with how the PM obviously was delighted she was at the event - and that he saw her as a plus for the event.
More than just a nice looking woman in a great dress, I think she has shown herself to be an asset socially in these events.
Kate seems a natural and not a schemer; she is someone who seems able to listen to others and maintain sparkling conversation. Good for her!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

Wow she looked amazing. I like the fact that she put her hair up, she should do it more often. She looked elegant and graceful and I wouldnt mind seeing her look like this more often. Good job Catherine. Hey and whats up with those earrings? Wow, nice. A gift?
Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Have you ever had to meet and greet people? I've had to do it as part of my last senior management position. And I hated it. Walking into a room and being polite and chatting for hours to people I didn't know, worried about saying something I shouldn't or that could be misconstrued; not eating or drinking in case of spillages(!) trying to remember names and organisations and at the end feeling wrung out like a limp rag.

It's work - it really is.
Absolutely. I've been working in the education industry in some capacity for over fifteen years, and it's pretty similar. You have to be able to carry on a conversation, and if you're in the classroom, captivate the attention of your students. If you're an introvert like myself, it takes a great deal of effort (and it's exhausting for those who are social butterflies). Sometimes kids don't respond to plain lecture, so you have to really get creative, and start doing things that are out of your comfort zone (for me it's being upbeat, because I'm not a perky type at all). At the end of the day, you're drained. So yes, being amongst our fellow humans is a tough job, and Catherine does it pretty darn well. You can never say she looks as if she doesn't want to be there, because she's always smiling and looking engaged.

Thank you for the article. Catherine certainly knows how to schmooze. I'd imagine she's gaining more and more confidence with each event. She strikes me as someone who enjoys being with people.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread