The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
There are tons of rich folks out there wearing more expensive jewelry than Kate and live more lavishly than the BRF. As for the "fake exaggerated smile" that's in her job description. Regardless of whether she wants to be there or not. If she has to fake it/exaggerate to get through an event do it.. Kate does not have the luxury to call in sick because she doesn't want to be there. She has to be there... that's what she's paid to do. Forever. She does not have the option of quitting like others because they want a new career.

Yes she is paid, overpaid Iīd say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and donīt make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it.
I own lots of expensive things that i did not earn, they were called gifts. Everyone is allowed to receive gifts no matter how expensive they are. It's called being 'nice'.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Yes she is paid, overpaid Iīd say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and donīt make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?
She is yet to make a "fool of herself". Granted... I don't always like what she wears but that is why it's called personal taste. It's personal...
And there are plenty of people who own things without "earning" them, just like there are plenty couples in this world where only one spouse works and the other doesn't. Since when is that a thing to be ashamed of.
As for Kate.. the girl has a job. It might not be a fulltime job, but it's still a job...
Old 07-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I donīt visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesnīt matter what sheīs doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time itīs even worse. Sheīs wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didnīt change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didnīt he? Iīm glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.
Well you don't like Princess Charlene either, seems the only person deserving of any praise from you is Princess Caroline .... learn to share the love who, by the way wears also wears very expensive jewelry. It is clear you DO enjoy negative comments more than positive.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frankly, if you can't say anything nice about the woman, don't post in her thread. Seems rather simple. Also, it sounds incredibly childish and VERY catty to say that you enjoy reading what is essentially, insults and denigrations toward people you don't know, than for no other reason than because you don't like them either.

Foul. Just, foul.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Can people be nice around here please? I think the negative comments are going a tad overboard. I know we are all entitled to our opinion but can we remain civil? Catherine may not be perfect to some but to some eyes she has done a great job and the way she looks and dresses are spot on. She is not going to please everyone but to some she has carried herself in an impecable manner. Now if we can get back to the topic of this thread please. Thank you.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Gentry

I do not agree that if you can't post something nice you have to go away. Let's face it, these forums are largely one-sided due to the fact that if you say something remotely out-of-line you get attacked for it. If a thousand people can post freely about how amazing/perfect/stylish etc. they feel a Royal is based on their own personal judgment, why can't someone post something that bucks the trend without getting into all sorts of trouble with other posters? Everyone just wants to share their opinion, so let them! It makes things more interesting.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Does anyone know what times and such that Wills, Kate and Harry will be meeting up with the Olympic flame at BP on the 26th? I am so counting down the hours till the Olympics start!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Lots of detail on times on the BRF and Olympics thread. I'd direct you but I'm a numpty on stuff like that

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post
I do not agree that if you can't post something nice you have to go away. Let's face it, these forums are largely one-sided due to the fact that if you say something remotely out-of-line you get attacked for it. If a thousand people can post freely about how amazing/perfect/stylish etc. they feel a Royal is based on their own personal judgment, why can't someone post something that bucks the trend without getting into all sorts of trouble with other posters? Everyone just wants to share their opinion, so let them! It makes things more interesting.

This is about being pleasant and positive to each other rather than just posting nice stuff about the royals.
There is constructive criticism which is fine but just a general slagging off is unhelpful.
this Forum has had a couple of difficult days.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There is constructive criticism which is fine but just a general slagging off is unhelpful.
this Forum has had a couple of difficult days.
It certainly has. Some people follow the motto "if you havent got anything nice to say don;t say anything at all" while other follow the motto "if you haven't got anything nice to say come sit by me". Unproven charges and general slagging are not especially helpful or informative.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Does anyone know what times and such that Wills, Kate and Harry will be meeting up with the Olympic flame at BP on the 26th? I am so counting down the hours till the Olympics start!
From what I can make out on the BBC Torch relay site (BBC - Olympic Torch Relay - Camden to Westminster), it's due to be at Buckingham Palace at 18:35 BST (13:35 EST, 10:35 PST). It's only going to be there for about 15-20 minutes. The weather's looking great, though, so we should see some nice shots outside BP.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post

There's a difference between sharing critiques and insulting people simply for the sake of it. I'd think the former is preferred here, not the latter. If you don't like The Duchess of Cambridge, there's plenty of other people discussed on this website that you could talk about. Why waste time and energy slagging off someone you don't like?

Some of the comments levied toward the Duchess fall beyond the realms of decency, IMO.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S. :)
Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S. :)
I am too, except for gymnastics- the American gymnastics team is dynamite and I can't wait to see them perform.

I'm hoping the Duchess or another member of the family shows up at the gymnastic events. They're my favorite, besides the equestrian events.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Aristocracy

She's scheduled to see gymnastics on August 4th or 5th. Can't remember which one.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm sorry, but having to go out in public and meet people IS work. In my opinion, it's even more taxing than sitting in an office, handling papers, because in Catherine's case, she has to interact, sometimes for hours on end, and that takes a lot out of you. Being around people is exhausting, because you have no time to take a mental break. If you're in a bad mood, or don't want to be there, you can't just walk around with a sulky facial expression, because it's unprofessional. Imagine, you're going through something difficult in your personal life, you have to leave that at the door, and put on a happy face. Since Catherine has yet to give me an impression of not enjoying her public engagements, as well as meeting new people, I'd say she's putting in her time and then some. It's quite obvious you don't like this person, so why bother coming on her threads and spewing such nastiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I own lots of expensive things that i did not earn, they were called gifts. Everyone is allowed to receive gifts no matter how expensive they are. It's called being 'nice'.
Same here. Catherine is a human being, like the rest of us, so why not allow her to indulge, and receive 'nice' and 'expensive' things, when we give ourselves plenty of reasons to do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S :)
Same here .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral
She's scheduled to see gymnastics on August 4th or 5th. Can't remember which one.
Yay! I'm very excited to hear it. Thanks for the information.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge has a non Olympic Event this evening, apparently it is cocktail dress attire not evening gown.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Have you ever had to meet and greet people? I've had to do it as part of my last senior management position. And I hated it. Walking into a room and being polite and chatting for hours to people I didn't know, worried about saying something I shouldn't or that could be misconstrued; not eating or drinking in case of spillages(!) trying to remember names and organisations and at the end feeling wrung out like a limp rag.

It's work - it really is.

Closed Thread