The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh kate really is bautiful!

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

It is. Check the jewellery thread out, just discovered it's worth Ģ49,000.
Thanks!
Normal price! They are both very rich by their own.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Majesty

wow. 49k is definitely lots for a neckless. i wonder if this was a gift by someone or she bought it on her own (maybe it was lent by cartier?). i personally don't find it very appropriate in these economic climate to wear a 49k piece of jewelry so casually, for a daytime event.

appart from that, she looked lovely and the dress was perfect for her.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
wow. 49k is definitely lots for a neckless. i wonder if this was a gift by someone or she bought it on her own (maybe it was lent by cartier?). i personally don't find it very appropriate in these economic climate to wear a 49k piece of jewelry so casually, for a daytime event.

appart from that, she looked lovely and the dress was perfect for her.
Cartier have already confirmed the necklace is not a loan, so Kate must have either bought it herself (which seems somewhat unlikely), or it was a gift.
St James Palace spokesman said Kate has had the necklace for a while - which could mean anything from a month, to a couple of years.
I think it is likely the necklace was either a wedding, or 30th anniversary gift from Prince Charles, William, or the Middletons.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not understand this cost discussion again! When we talk about royals we talk about people living a rich life. And in Kates case we have a royal already rich before becoming royal! and married with a very rich royal (pcs Dianas fortune). So where is the problem having an expensive jewellery?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I do not understand this cost discussion again! When we talk about royals we talk about people living a rich life. And in Kates case we have a royal already rich before becoming royal! and married with a very rich royal (pcs Dianas fortune). So where is the problem having an expensive jewellery?
There's nothing wrong with her wearing or having expensive jewellery. But some posters myself included think that Ģ49,000 for the necklace she wore was unreasonable. It's also part of a "discussion" to wonder where it came from. Whilst William and Charles have a lot of money, dropping Ģ49k for one necklace is a bit much IMO.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I don't understand why this only seems to be an issues when it comes to Kate. Like every royals buy their stuff from the Gap
Old 07-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche

I don't understand why this only seems to be an issues when it comes to Kate. Like every royals buy their stuff from the Gap
It's not. You can look at every fashion forum and see discussion about the cost of clothing and jewellery. Particularly the CP Mary thread, woman who gets criticised for wearing h&m.

Also GAP clothing whether high street or outlet is not cheap.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I don't get why it is too much. It might not be much for her or the royal family, if they have access to the wealth then they can spend it on what they like. Who are we to decide if it was good money spent or not. Sooner or later Kate would buy piece to build her own collection with valuable pieces.

Lets remember that Kate doesn't come from a family that cannot afford such a price tag, moreover she married into the royal family who are also able to spend that much.

49K on a cartier necklace might sound cheap for that design if you would compare it other brands such as Harry Winston or Graff which would be selling it for much more.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Serene Highness

I donīt visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesnīt matter what sheīs doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time itīs even worse. Sheīs wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didnīt change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didnīt he? Iīm glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I donīt visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesnīt matter what sheīs doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time itīs even worse. Sheīs wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didnīt change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didnīt he? Iīm glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.
A bit harsh, don't you think? You don't have to worship the ground she (or anyone for that matter) walks on, but is there a reason for such vitriol to be spewed, about a person you've never even met? As for the necklace (and any other article of clothing or jewelry that come from her personal collection), it was bought with private funds, either by her family, herself, or someone else, and there's no reason for her to hide it away. Yes, it's economic crisis practically all over the world, but that shouldn't mean that those who have the private funds shouldn't spend them how they see fit. As for where you see fake, I see someone who actually really enjoys meeting people. If she didn't, children (who are GREAT judges of character, by the way) won't flock to her and want to give her a hug. She's not perfect, because no one is, but she's not vile and horrid either. I hope she never changes, because I like her sincere and honest approach. We have so few people like that on this planet nowadays. You pay attention to the outside more than to what she actually does, and to me, that is quite sad. I hope you know that there's more to a person than clothing, hair, make-up and hand fidgeting. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you may want to be a little more gentle, because you don't know if the person you're trashing is reading this forum or not, and I don't think, if you were in her position, you would appreciate someone saying these things about you.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
A bit harsh, don't you think? You don't have to worship the ground she (or anyone for that matter) walks on, but is there a reason for such vitriol to be spewed, about a person you've never even met? As for the necklace (and any other article of clothing or jewelry that come from her personal collection), it was bought with private funds, either by her family, herself, or someone else, and there's no reason for her to hide it away. Yes, it's economic crisis practically all over the world, but that shouldn't mean that those who have the private funds shouldn't spend them how they see fit. As for where you see fake, I see someone who actually really enjoys meeting people. If she didn't, children (who are GREAT judges of character, by the way) won't flock to her and want to give her a hug. She's not perfect, because no one is, but she's not vile and horrid either. I hope she never changes, because I like her sincere and honest approach. We have so few people like that on this planet nowadays. You pay attention to the outside more than to what she actually does, and to me, that is quite sad. I hope you know that there's more to a person than clothing, hair, make-up and hand fidgeting. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you may want to be a little more gentle, because you don't know if the person you're trashing is reading this forum or not, and I don't think, if you were in her position, you would appreciate someone saying these things about you.

I didnīt use words like vile or horrid, you did. I used words like ridiculous, silly and exaggerated, is that harsh for you? How should I express my dislike then? Is it so harsh to say she smiles too much for no reason or that she should show more empathy while so many of her country fellows are having a hard time?
You really donīt want her to change? What is it that you like so much about her after 1 year of marriage? because if some of use criticized her for not having ever worked, can we say anything different at this point? Did she make anything different from what she did while "waiting"? I donīt think so.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I didnīt use words like vile or horrid, you did. I used words like ridiculous, silly and exaggerated, is that harsh for you? How should I express my dislike then? Is it so harsh to say she smiles too much for no reason or that she should show more empathy while so many of her country fellows are having a hard time?
You really donīt want her to change? What is it that you like so much about her after 1 year of marriage? because if some of use criticized her for not having ever worked, can we say anything different at this point? Did she make anything different from what she did while "waiting"? I donīt think so.
What I like about her is that she is sincere. She cannot win no matter what she does; she smiles, she's fake, she doesn't smile, she doesn't want to be there. If you don't think she does anything useful, that's fine, but I can certainly disagree. Her involvement with her charities raises awareness for things like addiction and gravely ill children, and if that has no value for you, then again, it's your opinion. She's giving her time volunteering. What else would you have her do? She cannot go out and get a nine-to-five job. As for her having empathy for those who are suffering due to the economy, again, she'll be called 'fake' if she starts really dressing down. Some already complained that it was insulting to see her wear earrings that were made out of paste when she had the funds to afford the real deal. So, we see yet again, she cannot win. This is all I will say on the matter.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

School's out for Kate on Jubilee trip | Mail Online

Quote:
For the Duchess of Cambridge, it would have been a chance to say a special thank you to the school where she is said to have blossomed.
For Marlborough College to have its most famous alumna cut the ribbon opening its new state- of-the-art Malaysian school would have been the icing on the cake after its successful campaign to recreate the ethos of its Wiltshire sister college in south-east Asia.
Certainly college officials were quietly confident that when Kate and Prince William made their trip on behalf of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee to Malaysia, Singapore and the Solomon Islands in September, a royal visit to the school would be included.
It certainly would have been a wonderful engagement for Catherine to do, shame really.

EDIT: An engagement for next Monday 30th July,

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend The UK’s Creative Industries Reception at Royal Academy of Arts on Monday. Kate will meet 800 representatives of UK’s leading creative companies, industry figureheads, as well as guests from overseas businesses.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Kate doesn't smile for no reason. She smiles because she's meeting interesting people and is happy to do so. That's just good manners. The enjoyment is reflected in those she meets, who only have good things to say about her. Her smile always looks sincere and genuine, to me at least. Ultimately, Kate currently has an approval rating with the British people of 81%, that's higher than the Queen whose approval rating is 80%. Whatever a few trolls on the DM comments sections say, Kate is enormously popular.

Where is the proof that she never worked? I'd be interested to see what leads you to that conclusion.

Regarding the necklace; I spent Ģ150 on a golf club last week. Does that mean I have no empathy for people who are struggling? I could've donated that money to charity, I didn't need a golf club, but I chose to spend it on an item that's essentially a luxury. The UK is one of the wealthiest nations on the planet, even given our current difficulties. The price of Kate's necklace is irrelevant.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic...Catherine's current events...we don't need to rehash William and Catherine's courtship.....they have nothing to do with Catherine's Current Events.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Majesty

Wealthy people should spend money during bad economic times. If they didn't, more businesses would fail due to lack of sales and/or investment. A lot of money has gone into charity during Kate's arrival on the scene. Check the numbers of the Foundation she has with William and Harry.

Quote:
But this time itīs even worse. Sheīs wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never had a poor person give me a job. There's nothing wrong with wealth. Would it be moral and ethical for them to help those in need, yes but there is nothing inherently wrong with being wealthy.

LaRae
Old 07-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There are tons of rich folks out there wearing more expensive jewelry than Kate and live more lavishly than the BRF. As for the "fake exaggerated smile" that's in her job description. Regardless of whether she wants to be there or not. If she has to fake it/exaggerate to get through an event do it.. Kate does not have the luxury to call in sick because she doesn't want to be there. She has to be there... that's what she's paid to do. Forever. She does not have the option of quitting like others because they want a new career.