The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Majesty

These two articles were posted on my twitter, so I thought I'd share them here:

Don't know how true this is, since Catherine is the Ambassador for Team GB Olympic as well as Paralympic Team, but I guess we'll have to wait and see:
Kate Middleton to lie low before Jubilee tour | Marie Claire

I thought that this article was relatively positive about Catherine, which is always nice to see:
Features | Online edition of Daily News - Lakehouse Newspapers

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
These two articles were posted on my twitter, so I thought I'd share them here:

Don't know how true this is, since Catherine is the Ambassador for Team GB Olympic as well as Paralympic Team, but I guess we'll have to wait and see:
Kate Middleton to lie low before Jubilee tour | Marie Claire
The article starts with "But now it's thought the Duchess of Cambridge will lie low for awhile..." I can't help but ask exactly who is thinking this? The writer and her cat? The group around the water cooler? Whomever is thinking this obviously forgot (or didn't bother to research enough to know) about the paralympic commitment, but as you say Daria_S, we'll wait and see.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The article starts with "But now it's thought the Duchess of Cambridge will lie low for awhile..." I can't help but ask exactly who is thinking this? The writer and her cat? The group around the water cooler? Whomever is thinking this obviously forgot (or didn't bother to research enough to know) about the paralympic commitment, but as you say Daria, we'll wait and see.
I want to say that this article was written to boost the sale of the magazine. We know that Catherine sells, so the 'editor' thought to make a profit by writing this drivel.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 AM
Courtier

I found this
Duchess Kate: Kate Shops at Ghost, Butler and Wilson, Middleton News + More
Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Courtier

British Royals@britishroyals
It's back to a military couple's life for Will & Kate. The Duchess of Cambridge was seen pushing a trolley in Tesco in Wales today

Pic here
Mini Middleton
Old 08-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Courtier

and check this
Duchess Kate
Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Majesty

Found this on my twitter page:

Duchess Kate Pictures - Sam Hussein Interview (Vogue.com UK)

Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Majesty

...And she's still being referred to as 'Kate Middleton' (though they did add 'Duchess of Cambridge' underneath). Wonder why it's so hard to do just a teeny bit of research before putting something into print . Nonetheless, not a bad place to be mentioned.

Women to Watch - Forbes

Old 08-23-2012, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
...And she's still being referred to as 'Kate Middleton' (though they did add 'Duchess of Cambridge' underneath). Wonder why it's so hard to do just a teeny bit of research before putting something into print . Nonetheless, not a bad place to be mentioned.

Women to Watch - Forbes
Kate Middleton is more known that The Duchess of Cambridge. It's easier.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

I know. I kind of go nuts when I hear people still calling her Kate Middleton. I understand its easier and she is more identifiable but come on, is it really that difficult to begin using her title or for that matter calling her by her given name, Catherine? If anything I would hope by now most of the world would know who the Duchess of Camdridge is.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Kate spotted at London today, check it!
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Kate spotted at London today, check it!
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/
I love her smile. Lovely that she's getting some time to relax a bit.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:42 AM
Courtier

Because Catherine wore the same coat again I saw a lot of comparison pictures and I realized how much she has changed over the years. Her face looks clearly different than in 2006.
How has that been done? Is it an excellent make up and loosing some weight? She looks great both ways
Old 08-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Because Catherine wore the same coat again I saw a lot of comparison pictures and I realized how much she has changed over the years. Her face looks clearly different than in 2006.
How has that been done? Is it an excellent make up and loosing some weight? She looks great both ways
Normal, time flies! We all change over 6 years. And of course the various changes of styling and weight.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Majesty

I think it's certainly all (mainly) caused by loosing weight. Her face was obviously fuller some years before the engagement. I think she started a serious diet myself which continued up to the engagement. And beyond maybe as she seems to be keeping her current weight. Maybe she decided to change her eating habits. Some people said she was on a protein diet.
And obviously she probably got help from some good trainers for a fitness programme.
Her hairstyle also changed, I think that helps her face look more slender.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

I think she has progressively lost weight from the time her and William got engaged. I noticed that she went from being a fuller figured, round faced girl to a slender more chisled face in a short amount of time. Im not sure if it was intentional or if it was a thought out decision to give herself a new image as she would become a high profile royal. Interesting to have watched her blossom into this truly lovely woman.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I think she has progressively lost weight from the time her and William got engaged. I noticed that she went from being a fuller figured, round faced girl to a slender more chisled face in a short amount of time. Im not sure if it was intentional or if it was a thought out decision to give herself a new image as she would become a high profile royal. Interesting to have watched her blossom into this truly lovely woman.

I disagree - she lost most of the weight in 2007 during the split. The rpre-wedding diet just added "tone". I've looked at the pictures at that time (2007) and the same dresses she's worn since (rubbish sentence but hopfully you'll understand) and the change is minimal

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Some of the differences in face shape might also be attributable to some dental work she is rumored to have done around that time.
French dental pioneer created 'naturally perfect' smile for Kate Middleton, it is claimed - Telegraph
Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think people tend to overplay the weight issue with Kate. If you look at pictures from her time at Marlborough, she's always been slim hipped. She's lost weight in her face, which is only natural as people grow out of their teens and early twenties, but I really don't see a huge difference in the rest of her body.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
I think people tend to overplay the weight issue with Kate. If you look at pictures from her time at Marlborough, she's always been slim hipped. She's lost weight in her face, which is only natural as people grow out of their teens and early twenties, but I really don't see a huge difference in the rest of her body.
Also, I don't think it's any surprise that she lost weight in the run-up to her wedding. Plenty of even non-royal brides find that happening to them!

Closed Thread