The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for her. You know why they'd never let me be a Duchess? Because if I was invited back to my old primary school and had to interact with my old teachers and principal, I'd be like I AM A DUCHESS NOW AND YOU WILL BOW TO ME YOU HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE TYRANTS HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?

But Kate is a much nicer person than me, so I'm sure she'll be fine :ROFLMAO:

hahaha - you are so funny! I love it.

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Kate on returning to her old school: "They were some of my happiest years, which makes it so incredibly special to be here today.
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
" In fact, I enjoyed it so much that when I had to leave, I told my mother that I was going to come back to be a teacher."

I love the fact that she wanted to be a teacher. She would have been dynamite in that profession, because she's just so amazing with children.

According to the Rebecca English, Catherine in addition to being sporty, has some impressive musical talent.

She was a member of St Andrew's inaugural Chamber Orchestra and of the senior flute group - amusingly known as the Tootie-Flooties - along with her younger sister, Pippa. Friends say she was also deputy head chorister in the chapel choir and was once commended in a BBC carol competition.
Shortly before she left the school, she also passed her Associated Board Grade 111 flute examination with merit and also her Grade 1V and V singing.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton reveals pet name as she goes back to prep school | Mail Online

So Catherine was a bit of a talented musician. I love that she is so well-rounded; she played sports, and was involved in music. I think both were great for her confidence. Her public speaking skills are improving leaps and bounds, and saying something, since I thought she was pretty good last February.

Last edited:
Okay...First off, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all who has shared those links w/us. Much Appreciated!!

Second...Not only do I really like her dress, but I adore her tartan. Why? Because it's *my* Family Tartan!!! :D When I saw the first pictures, I literally did a double take because I wasn't sure if I was really seeing what I thought I was really seeing. LOL!!

It really suits her too and I have no idea how Kate was able to take on those kids in a pick up field hockey game in those wicked heels. I would have taken two steps and SPLAT!! :)

Her delivery of her speech today was even a wee bit better than Tuesday's was. Her improvement in that department is really great and well done to HRH for that.

As for Kate's hair looking better today...Easy to do when you're not fighting gusting winds. ;)

Her delivery of her speech today was even a wee bit better than Tuesday's was. ;)

I agree, and I wonder if it's because of the audience. I bet she was a lot less nervous knowing she was speaking mostly to children, and in an atmosphere she knows so well.

HRH look great but I think she needed a brooch.

My head is spinning from all the great photos today! Catherine is such a natural with children and her confidence grows with each appearance.
Catherine's next engagment is on Dec 5 , right? The 20th annual ICAP Charity Day, if I'm not mistaken.

Very lovely photos and videos. The Duchess is so very gentle in her behaviour. I can see why Prince Charles calls her his darling daugter in law. And she deserves extra recognition for playing in high heels. That reminds me of when one of our very colorful female politicians pointed out that Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it in high heels while dancing backwards.

:previous: She really did seem to acquit herself well here. To be honest, I think going back to your primary school is a bit of a horror story for a lot of adults but she seemed to have enjoyed her school and managed to convey a really positive message to the young pupils.

One note of concern though, it seems she is starting to treat seat belts as an optional accessory rather than a legal requirement which is not a good example at all.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton plays hockey in high heels | Mail Online

:previous: She really did seem to acquit herself well here. To be honest, I think going back to your primary school is a bit of a horror story for a lot of adults but she seemed to have enjoyed her school and managed to convey a really positive message to the young pupils.

One note of concern though, it seems she is starting to treat seat belts as an optional accessory rather than a legal requirement which is not a good example at all.

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton plays hockey in high heels | Mail Online

I think the comment about seatbelt is a tad harsh and an exaggeration of the facts. She is still on private land, and turning to wave goodbye. This does not mean that she is treating them an an optional accessory or does so on the highway. If she did so on the highway you would be absolutely correct. But given the fact that a contributory factor in the death of Diana was not wearing a seat belt, I think that this is unlikely.

Last edited:
:previous: Not harsh, just common sense. When I get into the car the first thing I do is fasten my seatbelt. Sit, click! It is totally automatic! I do not wait until I have reached the bottom of the drive at the roadside to do so. The fact that she did not "make it click" made me question her "habit".

The point at issue was that:

a. She is a role model and that was what her visit was about, and

b. She was visiting a large number of children and seeing her "belt up" would have been a good thing.

Last edited:
Impossible to determine a 'habit' from a couple of cropped photos. No reason whatsoever to think Catherine doesn't wear a seatbelt at all times while the vehicle is moving.

Last edited:
:previous: Good point - we dont even know if the vehicle was moving.

:previous:

I thought this was being discussed in another thread - "general information about the Duchess of Cambridge." :flowers:

As expected, Catherine has cancelled her next three engagements due to today's announcement.

Does this mean the Winter Whites Gala is a wash for Catherine?

Does this mean the Winter Whites Gala is a wash for Catherine?

I would imagine so, since it's this coming Saturday, if I'm not mistaken. Catherine needs her rest, and from now on, it's not about her, but about the baby. So, if the doctors require her to rest, then she should follow their orders and take it easy. I'd imagine that everyone would want her to be healthy, and comfortable during her pregnancy, and beyond. However, I do think we'll see her doing limited engagements after she has recovered fully, and the doctors give her a clean bill of health to continue working.

Yes, she cancelled on the Winter Whites Gala. She also won't be attending the Military Tournament. She hasn't cancelled her engagement on the 12th (the Hobbit Premiere), so she may attend.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breadth waiting for Catherine to do any engagements. The type of problem she is having can last through the entire pregnancy. It did for me with all 4 of mine. Not fun.

Please note that duplicate posts have been deleted. There is no need to post the same information in several Cambridge threads.

Good news on BBC Radio 5 Live just now. Kate will attend the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year show this evening which will be broadcast live on BBC1.

good to hear shes so determined!

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
The Duchess of Cambridge will be presenting two awards at tonight's BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards. #royal
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate St James' "The Duchess will attend the event in response to a long standing invitation from the BBC."
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Kate is an Olympic Ambassador so she would have wanted to be there at #SPOTY esp after cancelling 3 engagements in past wk

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Kate will be alone at the BBC Sports Personality Awards engagement - William is "searching & rescuing ."
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Sources tell me the Duchess doesn't feel well enough to carry out a lengthy engagement but was determined to pay tribute to our sportsmen

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
She will therefore attend the awards for around 45 minutes...Kate was, of course, a Team GB a
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt Kate is not well enough to attend the whole 4 hour long event. She will arrive in time for the presentations.

I will be here for this seeing as I'm now officially school free

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom