The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
it looks so photoshopped!
That's because it is photoshopped. It's actually a complete fabrication. Presumably they've chosen to make it look slightly 'off' so as not to be accused of trying to deceive people and pretend Kate had posed for them.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Courtier

and the photos of ther honeymoon? Today is july 16!!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The publication is projecting an image of a photoshopped Kate wearing an example of South African fashion and how she would look in it.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
and the photos of ther honeymoon? Today is july 16!!
hkittybaby I dunno if your asking for the photos of their honeymoon or not but complete scans can be found at princess diana remembered. Sorry if I've misunderstood your post

I know next to nothing about Thursday's event but when I know more I'll post as always.

All I know is the museum and exhibition will be open to the public at 12pm on Thursday, therefore I suspect based on NPG's tweet that it will be a morning event.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
That's because it is photoshopped. It's actually a complete fabrication. Presumably they've chosen to make it look slightly 'off' so as not to be accused of trying to deceive people and pretend Kate had posed for them.
with the "*of course she doesn't, but should" at the bottom of the cover (in small print no less) kind of tells me that its intent is to state its the outfits that are photo shopped. I just hope that whomever does have the rights to the photo that was used of Kate was consulted and allowed the use of it. I would imagine too that Kate would have a serious case if she resented the use of her face for something that she doesn't endorse.

One thing I found interesting though is the comments at the end of this article. Someone actually spoke out against still attaching the Middleton name to Kate.

Kate Middleton Marie Claire South Africa Cover: Cool Or Creepy? (PHOTO, POLL)
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Commoner

Ladies you are missing the obvious.....we can finally see what Kate looks like wearing COLOUR!!

I like those colours on her! I hope she sees the above and gets a bit braver with her dress colour selections.
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Maybe on Thursday she will surprise us with a colorful dress
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

There's more fan art of Kate inside the magazine:

Marie Claire South Africa 2012 08 9
Marie Claire South Africa 2012 08 10
Marie Claire South Africa 2012 08 11
Marie Claire South Africa 2012 08 12
Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The only creepy thing about that cover is the outfit, her hair, make up and her face look just like her IMO.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The only creepy thing about that cover is the outfit, her hair, make up and her face look just like her IMO.
That was my thought as well. That outfit is suited for someone like Katy Perry, not a senior member of the British Royal Family.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
Ladies you are missing the obvious.....we can finally see what Kate looks like wearing COLOUR!!

I like those colours on her! I hope she sees the above and gets a bit braver with her dress colour selections.
She DOES!
Red, blue turquoise, emerald green, purple! These are colors.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

RICHARD KAY: Caring Kate, the queen of charities receives official recognition for her work | Mail Online
Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She DOES!
Red, blue turquoise, emerald green, purple! These are colors.
She would look great in those colors; jewel tones suit her so well. I just don't know about wearing all of them at one time!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Right away I could tell it was photoshopped it's like they put her head from the engagement announced at st James and a lady's body posed that way. They must still be on about wanting Kate to be a fashion mag cover girl.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

She was spotted yesterday in Anglesey.. looks like dinner and then judging by the first post a concert??? People are suggesting it was a Madonna concert I dunno I'm just confused tbh
Quote:
JulizaA ‏@JulizaAdzlizan Just spot Duchess of Cambridge Kate without Prince William behind me!!! Awesomeeer http://instagr.am/p/NMs5JsJWiw/

Liam Jewell ‏@JewellBLUEBIRDS
Kate middleton in work earlier.. Had to stop myself from licking her fork after her meal
Retweeted by Caitlin

(I edited the above tweet it was a bit too dirty for me to post on here)
laura roberts ‏@lauraroberts19 Prince William and kate were just chilling the table across from us while eating my tea... just a normal day in angelsey

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling
Well if the Duchess of Cambridge was at the Madonna gig last night, I certainly didn't see her.....and I was looking! ‪#Kate ‪#Royal

Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress helps raise £10 million as Buckingham Palace visitor numbers soar - Telegraph
Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Well, Madonna had a concert in Hyde Park in London last night, so I don't know how likely it is that Kate was simultaneously in London and Anglesey, lol. I think if she had been at the Madonna show there would likely have been some press reports on it.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Ya I think there were rumours of her attending but the photogs said they were searching and did not see her. But then the first tweet confuses me.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I enjoyed all the composites...her popularity would soar if she dressed like that.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Times and info about tomorrow have been "embargoed".

Madonna's concert was apparently a massive failure, hundreds walked out as she performed a striptease.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I do know via NPG it will be sometime in the morning
Quote:
Portrait Gallery ‏@NPGLondon @GaryFry2012 The Duchess will be attending an opening event for the ‪#Roadto2012 exhibition, which will open to the public at 12pm.
Hence that means she'll be seeing it in the morning cause I doubt she'd go see it after it was open to the public. I think she's prob gonna get the first viewing. Either way I'll be here all night waiting but I'll prob only be able to stay till bout 1:30am PST since I got an early morning tomorrow.
Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Early start tomorrow to cover the Duchess of Cambridge's 2nd visit to @NPGLondon to view the Road to 2012: Aiming High Exhibition

Closed Thread