The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh, there must have been a lot of cars in Kate's driveway. And all those parents. Of course, the Troop could be just three boys.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

probably more likely there were a few parents and the troop leaders to chaperone the troop for a BBQ and then the destination was Kates. I would assume that it wasnt told to everyone upfront or there would be an abundance of parents etc

I seem to recall that their place in Angelesy is a farm house on a bigger piece of property - this BBQ may have occurred at one of the other buildings on the place. either way it is a sweet story and nicely done.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Full express article Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Not afraid of the BBQ: Kate flips burgers for young children at the beach
Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It sounds like a wonderful time was had by everybody involved. One thing most people wouldn't associate with a princess is gutting fish though. EWWWW . Not exactly my cup of tea either but I do make a mean s'more!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It sounds like a wonderful time was had by everybody involved. One thing most people wouldn't associate with a princess is gutting fish though. EWWWW . Not exactly my cup of tea either but I do make a mean s'more!
Major kudos to Kate for gutting a fish. You wouldn't catch me doing that. She just went up a few more steps on my ladder of respect.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

What a nice treat for the Scouts. Ah, the little things we find out about the Duchess, like wielding a deft hand gutting fish. Watch out, William, don't get her angry!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Major kudos to Kate for gutting a fish. You wouldn't catch me doing that. She just went up a few more steps on my ladder of respect.
Same here.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

Seems Catherine is rehearsing for the day when she is the hostess of Royal garden parties or for the (in-)Famous family BBQs in Balmoral. Nice story, though. My nephew is with the Scouts, too and his little tribe often does BBQs at the garden of one of the members or volounteers, where all of that small "family" are invited but noone else. so if Catherine has attached herself to one of those small tribes, then only the members including the parents would come, of course.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can picture it clearly. The whole family fishing on the River Dee and Kate gutting and cleaning the fish while Philip grills them to perfection on the BBQ. And we must not forget the corgis keeping them all on their toes.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I can picture it clearly. The whole family fishing on the River Dee and Kate gutting and cleaning the fish while Philip grills them to perfection on the BBQ. And we must not forget the corgis keeping them all on their toes.
Yes, she seems to fit right in! But then - I can gutt fish, too....
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It definitely seems that everyone involved enjoyed themselves. I for one, cannot stomach smelling cooked fish at times, so touching raw fish would send me over the edge (not in a good way either). Kudos to Catherine for being able to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Yep, same here. She's certainly very handy when it comes to cooking/kitchen-related skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
What a nice treat for the Scouts. Ah, the little things we find out about the Duchess, like wielding a deft hand gutting fish. Watch out, William, don't get her angry!
Oh, Heaven help us all ! I can just picture fish guts flying around during a rather heated disagreement (which would probably result in having to keep a really strong air freshener handy) . I won't want to be near their house if this were to every occur .

Quote:
This is definitely a delightful picture . I think Catherine would actually really get a kick out of doing something like that. She seems to feel at home when outside in the woods or on the beach.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Courtier

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when HM and the DoE heard about Catherine's fish gutting.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Small tidbit but while William showed his father around the RAF last Tuesday, Catherine was having tea with Camilla. Courtesy Mark Stewart's twitter.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-04wvj-lJZa...o/s1600/jp.jpg

More on next week's appearance
Kate Middleton to visit National Portrait Gallery London 2012 exhibition on Thursday - Mirror Online
Old 07-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Kate Middleton Marie Claire South Africa Cover: Cool Or Creepy? (PHOTO, POLL)

The Marie Claire editiorial

Marie Claire South Africa August 2012 : Kate Middelton by Photoshop - the Fashion Spot

The cover is puzzling. It is unclear what an editor/editors of Marie Clair SA tried to accomplish.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It just looks fake.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a weird looking cover.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's meant to look a bit fake. The editor said, "the cover is actually a hyper-real illustration of Kate, meant to be a fan art tribute to fashion's new royal icon." It's not intended to look like a photo, but a fan's interpretation of what she might look like.

I suppose that given Kate shows no desire to pose for any magazine, it was inevitable that one would take matters into their own hands. There does seem to be a bit of a trend for international publications to manipulate images of Kate at the moment for some reason.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess their attitude is that if they can't get the real thing on their cover, they'll just fabricate it!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I suppose there's not a whole lot of difference between the magazines photographing celebs or models for their covers and then photoshopping them to death. They're equally fake.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It just looks fake.
it looks so photoshopped!

"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Closed Thread