The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S. :)
I am too, except for gymnastics- the American gymnastics team is dynamite and I can't wait to see them perform.

I'm hoping the Duchess or another member of the family shows up at the gymnastic events. They're my favorite, besides the equestrian events.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

She's scheduled to see gymnastics on August 4th or 5th. Can't remember which one.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Yes she is paid, overpaid Iīd say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and donīt make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?
I'm sorry, but having to go out in public and meet people IS work. In my opinion, it's even more taxing than sitting in an office, handling papers, because in Catherine's case, she has to interact, sometimes for hours on end, and that takes a lot out of you. Being around people is exhausting, because you have no time to take a mental break. If you're in a bad mood, or don't want to be there, you can't just walk around with a sulky facial expression, because it's unprofessional. Imagine, you're going through something difficult in your personal life, you have to leave that at the door, and put on a happy face. Since Catherine has yet to give me an impression of not enjoying her public engagements, as well as meeting new people, I'd say she's putting in her time and then some. It's quite obvious you don't like this person, so why bother coming on her threads and spewing such nastiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I own lots of expensive things that i did not earn, they were called gifts. Everyone is allowed to receive gifts no matter how expensive they are. It's called being 'nice'.
Same here. Catherine is a human being, like the rest of us, so why not allow her to indulge, and receive 'nice' and 'expensive' things, when we give ourselves plenty of reasons to do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S :)
Same here .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral
She's scheduled to see gymnastics on August 4th or 5th. Can't remember which one.
Yay! I'm very excited to hear it. Thanks for the information.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge has a non Olympic Event this evening, apparently it is cocktail dress attire not evening gown.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Yes she is paid, overpaid Iīd say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and donīt make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?
Have you ever had to meet and greet people? I've had to do it as part of my last senior management position. And I hated it. Walking into a room and being polite and chatting for hours to people I didn't know, worried about saying something I shouldn't or that could be misconstrued; not eating or drinking in case of spillages(!) trying to remember names and organisations and at the end feeling wrung out like a limp rag.

It's work - it really is.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yay! I'm very excited to hear it. Thanks for the information.
for some reason I expect her to bring kids from one of her charities with her to the gymnastics and/or the synchronized swimming- i havent heard anything - just my own supposition.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

What kind of cocktail event? I wonder would it be with some of the atheletes? Keep us posted. :)
Old 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Majesty

I do it sometimes as part of my husband's work. It does take mental and emotional effort--and I'm not in a position where I have to look perfect for the media! Sometimes I've had to walk into a room of people I don't know, shake hands, and chat a bit, knowing that whatever I said or did would reflect on my husband and his work. Plus I live in a fishbowl. Plus I'm an introvert. It's far from easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Have you ever had to meet and greet people? I've had to do it as part of my last senior management position. And I hated it. Walking into a room and being polite and chatting for hours to people I didn't know, worried about saying something I shouldn't or that could be misconstrued; not eating or drinking in case of spillages(!) trying to remember names and organisations and at the end feeling wrung out like a limp rag.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle
What kind of cocktail event? I wonder would it be with some of the atheletes? Keep us posted. :)
No athletes.

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend The UK’s Creative Industries Reception at Royal Academy of Arts on Monday. Kate will meet 800 representatives of UK’s leading creative companies, industry figureheads, as well as guests from overseas businesses.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

First picture; https://twitter.com/wilkinson_david/...03760959721473

Sideways picture but full on; https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/sta...07966705790977
Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Guest list (real mixed bag) includes David Cameron, Tracy Emin, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Jeremy Hunt, Roger Daltry, Lulu, Frank Skinner and Julian Fellowes amongst the 800 present.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

liltinglimes ‏@liltinglimes RT @ragandbow: Breaking news we are 1 metre away from Kate Middleton! http://twitpic.com/adkpnh

David Wilkinson ‏@Wilkinson_David Kate being introduced to VIP guests at @royalacademy #kate #royal http://pic.twitter.com/Xhf8Qu1U

Tamy ‏@thecambridges
Clear picture... http://pic.twitter.com/8adzQIJv

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
For the Royal Academy reception, The Duchess of Cambridge recycles the Roksanda Ilincic dress she wore from last year's LA tour
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

First pro photos
https://twitter.com/thecambridges/st...924800/photo/1
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...e0igo1_500.jpg
Old 07-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Some more pictures:
- Kate 1
- Kate 2
- Kate 3
- Kate 4

A huge gallery from Getty.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a really senior event for Catherine to do on her own - its part of the GREAT campaign with the PM present. Good for her.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Article Elegant Kate looks polished in palest grey as she steps out solo for cocktail reception | Mail Online
Old 07-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Nobility

I love her look in this one

Hair in bun
Old 07-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks wonderful!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is a really senior event for Catherine to do on her own - its part of the GREAT campaign with the PM present. Good for her.
My thought as well, cepe, certainly this event is a step up in terms of importance for Kate on her own. There must be confidence in her personally for her to be able to go to this incredibly high-profile event solo.

Closed Thread