The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

What's a plebian tan?

Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar
What's a plebian tan?
A Plebeian is a commoner I think.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
What's a plebian tan?
Obviously different to an aristocratic tan.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Thanks, Lumutqueen and EIIR. Here I was thinking a tan was just a tan. Who knew there was a difference between an aristocratic tan and a commoner tan.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Is one tan more orange while the other browner?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit The National Portrait Gallery’s Road to 2012: Aiming High Exhibition in London on July 19.

The Duchess of Cambridge will meet photographers and athletes at that July 19 exhibition documenting preparations for the London Olympics.

Source: Richard Palmer @ Daily Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Courtier

new engagement!!

Clarence House@ClarenceHouse
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @NPGLondon to view Road to 2012: Aiming High exhibition on Thurs 19th Jul #London2012 #OlympicAmbassador
Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Majesty

A bit more on next week's engagement via 'MAJESTY' Magazine's facebook page:

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, will visit the National Portrait Gallery’s 'Road to 2012: Aiming High' exhibition on 19 July, St James's Palace has announced.

The Duchess will join selected guests at the launch of the exhibition and meet some of the photographers and sitters involved in the Road to 2012 project.

There will be four short speeches during the opening of the exhibition, including one from Tanni Grey-Thompson, the UK’s most successful Paralympian and Ambassador for the London 2012 bid team.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Middleton Love (princessdianafrances: New pic of Catherine...)

new photo ok Kate shopping

Does anyone know when this picture was taken?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Well as she is carrying an umbrella I'd guess recently!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Well as she is carrying an umbrella I'd guess recently!

me too!!but I'll try to find more about it!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks lovely there; is Turnell and Gignon an interior design store?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post

Fabric, wallpaper and custom upholstering, etc...They have a wonderful website and lovely fabrics...
Old 07-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you; future decor for the KP apartment maybe.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh, she does indeed. As has been stated many times, Catherine looks great in casual wear.

Quote:
That sounds about right. I'm not a decorating buff, but I understand it can be quite addicting if one has the knack for it. Hopefully she'll enjoy it to the fullest.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What fun she must be having! This is so much fun choosing the colors and fabrics - and when you have the money - as they have - it must be exhilarating not to worry about cost.

Wouldn't it be fabulous if when it was all done they allowed a little peek inside somehow? I'd be very interested to see what she chooses for color and design. Unlikely, though, I'm guessing.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
What fun she must be having! This is so much fun choosing the colors and fabrics - and when you have the money - as they have - it must be exhilarating not to worry about cost.

Wouldn't it be fabulous if when it was all done they allowed a little peek inside somehow? I'd be very interested to see what she chooses for color and design. Unlikely, though, I'm guessing.
I think it would be lovely if we could see what the finished product would look like, but I have a feeling that they won't go for it. Maybe once they have kids, and choose to do a type of photo shoot/TV special that William's parents did when he and his brother were little, we may get a little glimpse of the interiors of the apartment. I'd be very curious to see what they would do with a room designated for the kids to play in .

Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would say the chances of William and Kate doing a magazine spread or allowing cameras into their newly renovated home are precisely zero. These two refused for weeks to divulge the name of their dog, so I'd say they're highly unlikely to be willing to let the world have a look inside their home.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
So true. As trivial as what the name of their dog was at the time, I think perhaps it was a chance to make a statement to the public and the media that details pertaining to their family and private lives are going to remain just that... private.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

If this is true, Kate had a little BBQ for the scouts!

Lee Crimes ‏@iamleecrimes : So my 8 year old stepbrother went over to Kate Middleton's house lastnight for a BBQ with his mate's. I think I'm about to cry with jealousy

Lee Crimes ‏@iamleecrimes : Like....he's 8!! He doesn't even realise that she's a mega babe! And she had a BBQ on the go! Kate Middleton cooking burgers!! Oh my days.

Closed Thread