The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #801  
Old 07-23-2012, 05:02 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,365
School's out for Kate on Jubilee trip | Mail Online

Quote:
For the Duchess of Cambridge, it would have been a chance to say a special thank you to the school where she is said to have blossomed.
For Marlborough College to have its most famous alumna cut the ribbon opening its new state- of-the-art Malaysian school would have been the icing on the cake after its successful campaign to recreate the ethos of its Wiltshire sister college in south-east Asia.
Certainly college officials were quietly confident that when Kate and Prince William made their trip on behalf of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee to Malaysia, Singapore and the Solomon Islands in September, a royal visit to the school would be included.
It certainly would have been a wonderful engagement for Catherine to do, shame really.


EDIT: An engagement for next Monday 30th July,

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend The UK’s Creative Industries Reception at Royal Academy of Arts on Monday. Kate will meet 800 representatives of UK’s leading creative companies, industry figureheads, as well as guests from overseas businesses.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #802  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:01 AM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I didnīt use words like vile or horrid, you did. I used words like ridiculous, silly and exaggerated, is that harsh for you? How should I express my dislike then? Is it so harsh to say she smiles too much for no reason or that she should show more empathy while so many of her country fellows are having a hard time?
You really donīt want her to change? What is it that you like so much about her after 1 year of marriage? because if some of use criticized her for not having ever worked, can we say anything different at this point? Did she make anything different from what she did while "waiting"? I donīt think so.
Kate doesn't smile for no reason. She smiles because she's meeting interesting people and is happy to do so. That's just good manners. The enjoyment is reflected in those she meets, who only have good things to say about her. Her smile always looks sincere and genuine, to me at least. Ultimately, Kate currently has an approval rating with the British people of 81%, that's higher than the Queen whose approval rating is 80%. Whatever a few trolls on the DM comments sections say, Kate is enormously popular.

Where is the proof that she never worked? I'd be interested to see what leads you to that conclusion.

Regarding the necklace; I spent Ģ150 on a golf club last week. Does that mean I have no empathy for people who are struggling? I could've donated that money to charity, I didn't need a golf club, but I chose to spend it on an item that's essentially a luxury. The UK is one of the wealthiest nations on the planet, even given our current difficulties. The price of Kate's necklace is irrelevant.
__________________

  #803  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,469
Let's stay on topic...Catherine's current events...we don't need to rehash William and Catherine's courtship.....they have nothing to do with Catherine's Current Events.
__________________
.

  #804  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,200
Wealthy people should spend money during bad economic times. If they didn't, more businesses would fail due to lack of sales and/or investment. A lot of money has gone into charity during Kate's arrival on the scene. Check the numbers of the Foundation she has with William and Harry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
But this time itīs even worse. Sheīs wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum.
  #805  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,627
I've never had a poor person give me a job. There's nothing wrong with wealth. Would it be moral and ethical for them to help those in need, yes but there is nothing inherently wrong with being wealthy.


LaRae
  #806  
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I donīt visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesnīt matter what sheīs doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time itīs even worse. Sheīs wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didnīt change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didnīt he? Iīm glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.
There are tons of rich folks out there wearing more expensive jewelry than Kate and live more lavishly than the BRF. As for the "fake exaggerated smile" that's in her job description. Regardless of whether she wants to be there or not. If she has to fake it/exaggerate to get through an event do it.. Kate does not have the luxury to call in sick because she doesn't want to be there. She has to be there... that's what she's paid to do. Forever. She does not have the option of quitting like others because they want a new career.
__________________
Absence is, in my opinion, important to find out whether something in your life is meaningful and important! It may be difficult to endure, but the end result is always revealing.
  #807  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
There are tons of rich folks out there wearing more expensive jewelry than Kate and live more lavishly than the BRF. As for the "fake exaggerated smile" that's in her job description. Regardless of whether she wants to be there or not. If she has to fake it/exaggerate to get through an event do it.. Kate does not have the luxury to call in sick because she doesn't want to be there. She has to be there... that's what she's paid to do. Forever. She does not have the option of quitting like others because they want a new career.

Yes she is paid, overpaid Iīd say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and donīt make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?
  #808  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it.
I own lots of expensive things that i did not earn, they were called gifts. Everyone is allowed to receive gifts no matter how expensive they are. It's called being 'nice'.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #809  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Yes she is paid, overpaid Iīd say, for doing so little. At least take some protocol clases and donīt make a fool of yourself looking like a complete disaster. It is my opinion she grins and smiles for no reason. And as for the jewelry, she didnīt move a finger to earn it. So it would be wise to know when to wear something so ugly, unexpensive and unnesecary when you have done nothing to earn it. How many pounds will she wear for evening events?
She is yet to make a "fool of herself". Granted... I don't always like what she wears but that is why it's called personal taste. It's personal...
And there are plenty of people who own things without "earning" them, just like there are plenty couples in this world where only one spouse works and the other doesn't. Since when is that a thing to be ashamed of.
As for Kate.. the girl has a job. It might not be a fulltime job, but it's still a job...
  #810  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I donīt visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesnīt matter what sheīs doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time itīs even worse. Sheīs wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didnīt change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didnīt he? Iīm glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.
Well you don't like Princess Charlene either, seems the only person deserving of any praise from you is Princess Caroline .... learn to share the love who, by the way wears also wears very expensive jewelry. It is clear you DO enjoy negative comments more than positive.
  #811  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,763
Frankly, if you can't say anything nice about the woman, don't post in her thread. Seems rather simple. Also, it sounds incredibly childish and VERY catty to say that you enjoy reading what is essentially, insults and denigrations toward people you don't know, than for no other reason than because you don't like them either.

Foul. Just, foul.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #812  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:00 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,203
Can people be nice around here please? I think the negative comments are going a tad overboard. I know we are all entitled to our opinion but can we remain civil? Catherine may not be perfect to some but to some eyes she has done a great job and the way she looks and dresses are spot on. She is not going to please everyone but to some she has carried herself in an impecable manner. Now if we can get back to the topic of this thread please. Thank you.
  #813  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Baroness's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Coast, United States
Posts: 102
I do not agree that if you can't post something nice you have to go away. Let's face it, these forums are largely one-sided due to the fact that if you say something remotely out-of-line you get attacked for it. If a thousand people can post freely about how amazing/perfect/stylish etc. they feel a Royal is based on their own personal judgment, why can't someone post something that bucks the trend without getting into all sorts of trouble with other posters? Everyone just wants to share their opinion, so let them! It makes things more interesting.
  #814  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,611
Does anyone know what times and such that Wills, Kate and Harry will be meeting up with the Olympic flame at BP on the 26th? I am so counting down the hours till the Olympics start!
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #815  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:30 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,826
Lots of detail on times on the BRF and Olympics thread. I'd direct you but I'm a numpty on stuff like that
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #816  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:36 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post
I do not agree that if you can't post something nice you have to go away. Let's face it, these forums are largely one-sided due to the fact that if you say something remotely out-of-line you get attacked for it. If a thousand people can post freely about how amazing/perfect/stylish etc. they feel a Royal is based on their own personal judgment, why can't someone post something that bucks the trend without getting into all sorts of trouble with other posters? Everyone just wants to share their opinion, so let them! It makes things more interesting.

This is about being pleasant and positive to each other rather than just posting nice stuff about the royals.
There is constructive criticism which is fine but just a general slagging off is unhelpful.
this Forum has had a couple of difficult days.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #817  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There is constructive criticism which is fine but just a general slagging off is unhelpful.
this Forum has had a couple of difficult days.
It certainly has. Some people follow the motto "if you havent got anything nice to say don;t say anything at all" while other follow the motto "if you haven't got anything nice to say come sit by me". Unproven charges and general slagging are not especially helpful or informative.
  #818  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Does anyone know what times and such that Wills, Kate and Harry will be meeting up with the Olympic flame at BP on the 26th? I am so counting down the hours till the Olympics start!
From what I can make out on the BBC Torch relay site (BBC - Olympic Torch Relay - Camden to Westminster), it's due to be at Buckingham Palace at 18:35 BST (13:35 EST, 10:35 PST). It's only going to be there for about 15-20 minutes. The weather's looking great, though, so we should see some nice shots outside BP.
  #819  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post
I do not agree that if you can't post something nice you have to go away. Let's face it, these forums are largely one-sided due to the fact that if you say something remotely out-of-line you get attacked for it. If a thousand people can post freely about how amazing/perfect/stylish etc. they feel a Royal is based on their own personal judgment, why can't someone post something that bucks the trend without getting into all sorts of trouble with other posters? Everyone just wants to share their opinion, so let them! It makes things more interesting.

There's a difference between sharing critiques and insulting people simply for the sake of it. I'd think the former is preferred here, not the latter. If you don't like The Duchess of Cambridge, there's plenty of other people discussed on this website that you could talk about. Why waste time and energy slagging off someone you don't like?

Some of the comments levied toward the Duchess fall beyond the realms of decency, IMO.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #820  
Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,203
Yes whats up with the weather over there? Its absolutely beautiful! What a perfect time for everyone to enjoy the beauty especially those that have flown in from all over the world. I cant wait for Friday, I am so excited and shhh, dont tell anyone but Im cheering on the Brits as much as possible even though Im in the U.S. :)
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015 Zonk Current Events Archive 361 01-31-2015 09:01 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 861 01-01-2014 10:44 AM




Popular Tags
albania aristocracy baptism best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday child christening of prince alexander crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses duchess of cambridge eveningwear duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh earthquakes europe fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander monarchy new zealand november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince philip princess charlene daytime fashion princess mary princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit's dresses princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathildes hats queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queenmother queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania fashion queen rania in australia sally bedell smith september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises