The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #781  
Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,371
The only creepy thing about that cover is the outfit, her hair, make up and her face look just like her IMO.
__________________

__________________
  #782  
Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The only creepy thing about that cover is the outfit, her hair, make up and her face look just like her IMO.
That was my thought as well. That outfit is suited for someone like Katy Perry, not a senior member of the British Royal Family.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #783  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
Ladies you are missing the obvious.....we can finally see what Kate looks like wearing COLOUR!!

I like those colours on her! I hope she sees the above and gets a bit braver with her dress colour selections.
She DOES!
Red, blue turquoise, emerald green, purple! These are colors.
  #784  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,152
RICHARD KAY: Caring Kate, the queen of charities receives official recognition for her work | Mail Online
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #785  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She DOES!
Red, blue turquoise, emerald green, purple! These are colors.
She would look great in those colors; jewel tones suit her so well. I just don't know about wearing all of them at one time!
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #786  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Grandduchess24's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cambridge, United States
Posts: 1,316
Right away I could tell it was photoshopped it's like they put her head from the engagement announced at st James and a lady's body posed that way. They must still be on about wanting Kate to be a fashion mag cover girl.
__________________
" An ugly baby is a very nasty object, and the prettiest is frightful when undressed."
- Queen Victoria
  #787  
Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
She was spotted yesterday in Anglesey.. looks like dinner and then judging by the first post a concert??? People are suggesting it was a Madonna concert I dunno I'm just confused tbh
Quote:
JulizaA ‏@JulizaAdzlizan Just spot Duchess of Cambridge Kate without Prince William behind me!!! Awesomeeer http://instagr.am/p/NMs5JsJWiw/


Liam Jewell ‏@JewellBLUEBIRDS
Kate middleton in work earlier.. Had to stop myself from licking her fork after her meal
Retweeted by Caitlin

(I edited the above tweet it was a bit too dirty for me to post on here)
laura roberts ‏@lauraroberts19 Prince William and kate were just chilling the table across from us while eating my tea... just a normal day in angelsey



James Whatling ‏@JWhatling
Well if the Duchess of Cambridge was at the Madonna gig last night, I certainly didn't see her.....and I was looking! ‪#Kate ‪#Royal

Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress helps raise £10 million as Buckingham Palace visitor numbers soar - Telegraph
  #788  
Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: n/a, United States
Posts: 691
Well, Madonna had a concert in Hyde Park in London last night, so I don't know how likely it is that Kate was simultaneously in London and Anglesey, lol. I think if she had been at the Madonna show there would likely have been some press reports on it.
  #789  
Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Ya I think there were rumours of her attending but the photogs said they were searching and did not see her. But then the first tweet confuses me.
  #790  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
I enjoyed all the composites...her popularity would soar if she dressed like that.
  #791  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,152
Times and info about tomorrow have been "embargoed".

Madonna's concert was apparently a massive failure, hundreds walked out as she performed a striptease.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #792  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:42 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Soo Charles and Catherine have been visiting the Opera recently
Kate Middleton's Secret Opera Dates With Prince Charles - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise
  #793  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
having a great family's time
  #794  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:50 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,585
Opera

Does anyone know if Camilla does not like opera - hence the Prince Charles/Duchess of Cambridge nights at the opera?
  #795  
Old 07-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
It's great to see that Catherine and Charles have something that the two of them can enjoy together and bond over.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #797  
Old 07-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
I don´t visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesn´t matter what she´s doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time it´s even worse. She´s wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didn´t change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didn´t he? I´m glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.
  #798  
Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I don´t visit this British thread too much, but every time I do find the same silly grinning, the hands in her hair, tons of make-up, hair extensions. It doesn´t matter what she´s doing, the expression in her face is always the same, a fake exaggerated smile. But this time it´s even worse. She´s wearing a ridiculously expensive necklace (in times of crisis) for going to a museum. For the rest, she didn´t change at all, a charity once in a while. This woman will never change. But William knew who he married, didn´t he? I´m glad the comments on every page have changed from positive to negative in so little time.
A bit harsh, don't you think? You don't have to worship the ground she (or anyone for that matter) walks on, but is there a reason for such vitriol to be spewed, about a person you've never even met? As for the necklace (and any other article of clothing or jewelry that come from her personal collection), it was bought with private funds, either by her family, herself, or someone else, and there's no reason for her to hide it away. Yes, it's economic crisis practically all over the world, but that shouldn't mean that those who have the private funds shouldn't spend them how they see fit. As for where you see fake, I see someone who actually really enjoys meeting people. If she didn't, children (who are GREAT judges of character, by the way) won't flock to her and want to give her a hug. She's not perfect, because no one is, but she's not vile and horrid either. I hope she never changes, because I like her sincere and honest approach. We have so few people like that on this planet nowadays. You pay attention to the outside more than to what she actually does, and to me, that is quite sad. I hope you know that there's more to a person than clothing, hair, make-up and hand fidgeting. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you may want to be a little more gentle, because you don't know if the person you're trashing is reading this forum or not, and I don't think, if you were in her position, you would appreciate someone saying these things about you.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #799  
Old 07-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
A bit harsh, don't you think? You don't have to worship the ground she (or anyone for that matter) walks on, but is there a reason for such vitriol to be spewed, about a person you've never even met? As for the necklace (and any other article of clothing or jewelry that come from her personal collection), it was bought with private funds, either by her family, herself, or someone else, and there's no reason for her to hide it away. Yes, it's economic crisis practically all over the world, but that shouldn't mean that those who have the private funds shouldn't spend them how they see fit. As for where you see fake, I see someone who actually really enjoys meeting people. If she didn't, children (who are GREAT judges of character, by the way) won't flock to her and want to give her a hug. She's not perfect, because no one is, but she's not vile and horrid either. I hope she never changes, because I like her sincere and honest approach. We have so few people like that on this planet nowadays. You pay attention to the outside more than to what she actually does, and to me, that is quite sad. I hope you know that there's more to a person than clothing, hair, make-up and hand fidgeting. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you may want to be a little more gentle, because you don't know if the person you're trashing is reading this forum or not, and I don't think, if you were in her position, you would appreciate someone saying these things about you.

I didn´t use words like vile or horrid, you did. I used words like ridiculous, silly and exaggerated, is that harsh for you? How should I express my dislike then? Is it so harsh to say she smiles too much for no reason or that she should show more empathy while so many of her country fellows are having a hard time?
You really don´t want her to change? What is it that you like so much about her after 1 year of marriage? because if some of use criticized her for not having ever worked, can we say anything different at this point? Did she make anything different from what she did while "waiting"? I don´t think so.
  #800  
Old 07-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I didn´t use words like vile or horrid, you did. I used words like ridiculous, silly and exaggerated, is that harsh for you? How should I express my dislike then? Is it so harsh to say she smiles too much for no reason or that she should show more empathy while so many of her country fellows are having a hard time?
You really don´t want her to change? What is it that you like so much about her after 1 year of marriage? because if some of use criticized her for not having ever worked, can we say anything different at this point? Did she make anything different from what she did while "waiting"? I don´t think so.
What I like about her is that she is sincere. She cannot win no matter what she does; she smiles, she's fake, she doesn't smile, she doesn't want to be there. If you don't think she does anything useful, that's fine, but I can certainly disagree. Her involvement with her charities raises awareness for things like addiction and gravely ill children, and if that has no value for you, then again, it's your opinion. She's giving her time volunteering. What else would you have her do? She cannot go out and get a nine-to-five job. As for her having empathy for those who are suffering due to the economy, again, she'll be called 'fake' if she starts really dressing down. Some already complained that it was insulting to see her wear earrings that were made out of paste when she had the funds to afford the real deal. So, we see yet again, she cannot win. This is all I will say on the matter.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015 Zonk Current Events Archive 361 01-31-2015 10:01 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 861 01-01-2014 11:44 AM




Popular Tags
#jewels ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit october 2016 catherine middleton style countess of wessex's eveningwear coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events denmark royals duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall eveningwear dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf's birthday king willem-alexander may 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week pierre casiraghi prince charles princess beatrice hats princess madeleine daytime fashion princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess stéphanie's daytime outfits princess victoria birthday queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion royal trips september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats the duke of cambridge


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises