The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone have to follow their own path. Some people go out on their own and find their own way, some folks work with their family to build a business, etc. Catherine did what many people do and I think that's just fine.

Here's Catherine's Thoughts on this subject:
Tom Bradby: Kate, just coming to a close people have you know put some, placed some criticisms of you about your work and so on, does that hurt? How do you respond to people who say those things?

Miss Middleton: "Well I think I know I've been working very hard for the family business, and sometimes those days are long days and you know I think if I know I'm working hard and I'm pulling my weight both work and playing hard at the same time, you know I think everyone who I work with can see I am there pulling my weight and that's really what matters to me."

TB: You know your family as you've said that you are very close, does it hurt about what's said or do you let it run off your collective backs on the grounds that's just what you have go to live with?

Miss Middleton: Well again I think, if you … the people around home are very supportive to us and you know those are the people who really matter to us, our close friends and family and I think if sort of they feel you are doing the right thing you can only be sort of true to yourself and you sort of have to ignore a lot of what's said, obviously take it on board, but you know you have to be yourself really and that's how I have stuck by it really.

Prince William and Kate Middleton Interview Transcript - ABC News

Let's stay on topic with Catherine's actual CURRENT EVENTS not what she did or didn't do in the past.

Thank you.

Please note that all posts regarding a potential Cambridge pregnancy will be deleted as speculative.

If and when an official announcement is made, it will be made via Clarence House and/or Buckingham Palace. Not the Daily Mail, In Touch, People, etc.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted as speculative.

Clearly those of you bashing the Kardashians for not working havent bothered to actually do research. The sisters have a variety of successful stores and design clothes, shoes and accessories. They own the stores like Jigsaw where Kate used to work. They are fame whores and have little if any class, but they do work, a lot actually.
I've always hated those who bash Kate for not having a full time job, she is a lot like me in that she majored in an area that doesn't translate easily to steady work. But in this case I will say that at least Kim and Khloe have worked more than Kate and myself.

Last edited:
Some beautiful shots there, particularly the black and white ones. The last landscape is also lovely.

Clearly those of you bashing the Kardashians for not working havent bothered to actually do research. The sisters have a variety of successful stores and design clothes, shoes and accessories. They own the stores like Jigsaw where Kate used to work. They are fame whores and have little if any class, but they do work, a lot actually.
I've always hated those who bash Kate for not having a full time job, she is a lot like me in that she majored in an area that doesn't translate easily to steady work. But in this case I will say that at least Kim and Khloe have worked more than Kate and myself.

Being honest here. I've no clue who the kardasian are or why they are real". or what they do or what they are famous for. I've heard they do some "reality" TV stuffs. TV trying to tell us what real life should be? Sorry I'm not a sheeple.

Given the opportunity, Kate in her role would meet and greet me the same as meeting a kardash or a Sir Paul or an Angry Bird or Oscar the Grouch. She has the skills that's been shown that no matter who she meets, she does it in style. its what she does and she's a natural when we see her do it. I really don't think I could. I'd try by probably fail :D

<< ms run at mouth goes for another doughnut

Am I the only one who doesn't like the pictures?
They are much worse than I expected to be honest.
First, they look way TOO amateur. Ok she IS an amateur, but if she really likes photography and if she is a keen photographer as newspapers tell us, they should be better. These are shots any of us could take with our own amateur cameras.
Second, photography is not just about taking the photos but also about the way you work them, the way you treat the colour, deciding between black and white vs colour, etc, etc. And this is the worst part for me: her pics show she understands little of it. A thing that shows it is the B&W pics on a forest like Borneo. Imagine all the colours she can find there, all the shades of green. The beauty you could find in pics from a place like Borneo lies mainly in this subject: lots of colours. When using B&W, she destroyed it all. I think anyone who devotes a bit of his/her time (even if little) to photography would know this.

I know she's an amateur and of course we could not expect pictures like if she was a professional photographer. But to me there is a line that distinguishes:
1. ordinary people who like to take pics with their low quality cameras
vs
2. people who are really into photography and spend some time and money on it.
If Kate likes photography so much she should be in the second group, but her photos look like taken from someone in the first group, which is a shame.

:previous:I agree Julliette.

but kudos to Kate for putting her photography out there for criticism :flowers:

i know they have revamp their website but im not sure why the pics were published now?
maybe auctioned them for charity would be nice.

Not bad at all from using a pocket camera. No telephoto lens so getting crisp distance shots is next to impossible. And if you read the text the majority of these were taken on the move (car/plane) so she did ok.

Any pic of an oragutang(spelling?) is amazing especially as they are rarely seen. She probably only had a matter of a few seconds. I like the ones in the forest, with the sunlight coming through.

Nice of her to let us see them - pretty much like other royals, ie Duke of Edinburgh who let us see his paintings.

I hope that she isn't put off by some of the seriously nasty comments in some of the papers - she is obviously keen and finding her way so it would be good to see more in the future when hopefully she is making progress.

I liked the photographs and think it was very nice that they were shared with the public.

To be honest I am somewhat disappointed by the pics too. Maybe I was just expecting something else. The photos are not bad but they don't show her skill at all.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the pictures?
They are much worse than I expected to be honest.
First, they look way TOO amateur. Ok she IS an amateur, but if she really likes photography and if she is a keen photographer as newspapers tell us, they should be better. These are shots any of us could take with our own amateur cameras.
Second, photography is not just about taking the photos but also about the way you work them, the way you treat the colour, deciding between black and white vs colour, etc, etc. And this is the worst part for me: her pics show she understands little of it. A thing that shows it is the B&W pics on a forest like Borneo. Imagine all the colours she can find there, all the shades of green. The beauty you could find in pics from a place like Borneo lies mainly in this subject: lots of colours. When using B&W, she destroyed it all. I think anyone who devotes a bit of his/her time (even if little) to photography would know this.

I know she's an amateur and of course we could not expect pictures like if she was a professional photographer. But to me there is a line that distinguishes:
1. ordinary people who like to take pics with their low quality cameras
vs
2. people who are really into photography and spend some time and money on it.
If Kate likes photography so much she should be in the second group, but her photos look like taken from someone in the first group, which is a shame.

Why don't you write to her and tell her her photography is just not good enough for you? You could tell her what your expectations are and give her tips on how she could better meet your expectations.

All we know about Kate and photography is that she enjoys doing it. At no time has Kate claimed that it's anything other than a hobby, nor that she's received any tuition in the area. She's an amateur photographer who snapped some pictures while abroad and was kind enough to share a few of them with the rest of us. Your criticism is deeply unfair and rather unkind IMO.

Why don't you write to her and tell her her photography is just not good enough for you? You could tell her what your expectations are and give her tips on how she could better meet your expectations.

All we know about Kate and photography is that she enjoys doing it. At no time has Kate claimed that it's anything other than a hobby, nor that she's received any tuition in the area. She's an amateur photographer who snapped some pictures while abroad and was kind enough to share a few of them with the rest of us. Your criticism is deeply unfair and rather unkind IMO.
I totally agree.

I don't think these pictures were meant to be a total work of art. We have to remember she couldn't spend much time on these photos because they were just quickly taken while she and William were busy on the Jubilee Tour.

I think she did pretty well with a pocket camera. She an amateur photographer just like The Queen and Prince Andrew.

The way some people are reacting it's as if Kate has misled them, as if she somehow hyped her abilities or claimed that she's the next Mario Testino. Nothing could be further from the truth. Kate's not exhibiting in an art gallery, or selling her pictures for profit. She's just sharing with the public a handful of pictures she took. If I were her, I wouldn't do so again.

I remember critics savaging Charles for his watercolours, Andrew for his photographs of the Queen and even Philip with his painting. They were all damned as 'amateurish', even though that's precisely what they are - amateur artists. Kate is no different.

me too -I thought it was a nice gesture. and i thought they were great for what she was doing. especially impressed at the moving car/plane photos.

I do wonder if The Queen still into taking photos? Back in the day she was always pictured with a big old fashion camera in her hand.

The one with the clouds looks like one I took from a plane, shall I share my talent with the world too:ROFLMAO:

Yeah go ahead, rosana.

I think it's great HRH decided to share his pictures. You can tell she wasn't trying to present a major work of art but something simple and in the way she liked it.

Oh sorry, I was slightly making fun of the situation not the pics. You know I didn´t comment on the pictures, it is also a hobby for me. I don´t think it´s fair to judge this kind of photos because they are not made by a professional. Just tourist-like, like the ones you and me can take in a trip. So why share them in the official page? Along with William´s photos of his place of work yesterday. I think we have been following royalty for enough time to recognize thet the couple is being publicized, for whatever reason they feel they need to do it. JMO.

Well, I know I have filled out the royal website questionaire and I think many others out there want to see more behind the scenes of the royals working lives. I liked seeing William at his base working and chating to his fellow officers. I like seeing Catherine's own pictures taken on the Jubilee Tour.

What is wrong with people giving their opinion on Kate's photos? Why does everyone have to love and praise everything she does? If a poster doesn't like them and thinks they aren't anything special then they should be able to express that. Especially when the same people criticizing them for giving their opinion have no problem stating their disappointment in Kate's hair, clothes, or her wedding dress.

I agree with Xenia! Everyone here should be able to openly express his opinon without getting attacked by other posters. Thanks.

I think it's fine that some people won't like the photos and I don't think everybody should sing nothing but praises on HRH. The pictures weren't meant to be a major work of art but the criticism is expected.

I think the pictures release has caused the Prince of Wales website to crash.

I do like they are adding some personal touches to the site though. I thought it was a boring site at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness. Many people, myself included wanted more photos of 'a day in the life' and 'behind the scenes' with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

That's all these photos represent. Nothing more and nothing less. In that respect they are no different from tourist photos that anybody might take except the couple were on a Royal tour.

Catherine took some snaps and was gracious enough to share with the public who want more access into TRH lives.

The lengths that people go to in order to bash this couple is bizarre.

Last edited:
I think these pictures going up on the website is like the royal equivalent of posting vacation pictures on Facebook. It's not something that's meant to demonstrate any special skill or talent but rather a way of sharing an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom