The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's an article with video. Nice interaction with the children.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

more pix of today

Getty Images - Search: GBR: The Duchess of Cambridge Visits 'Expanding Horizons' Primary School Outdoor Camp#

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Video here: Home - ITNSource News
untagged pix here Kate Middleton Photos - Zimbio
and here: Cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Old 06-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
The video: jump to 3:15 so cute! the girl told Kate that she was scared of using the toilet during the night!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Duchess Kate: Expanding Horizons Camp Visit! | Kate Middleton : Just Jared

Kate Middleton Camping Expanding Horizons Pictures

Pure People: Kate Middleton sublime : Balade en forêt royale aux côtés d'enfants défavorisés

Belga Picture

Hola: De acampada... ¡con la duquesa de Cambridge! ** Google Translate
Old 06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Thank you for the pictures and the video . Looks like everyone had a blast. Catherine seems as comfortable in the woods as she is at an evening gala. Lovely indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
The video: jump to 3:15 so cute! the girl told Kate that she was scared of using the toilet during the night!
That was funny. She was so animated when she was telling Kate about it too .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Love this article!
'What's it like to be a princess Kate?' Eight-year-old girl quizzes Duchess of Cambridge on camping trip | Mail Online

Quote:
Kate replied being princess was 'very nice' and said William was 'very sweet' and 'spoiled her'
Old 06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Just your typical conversation around the campfire.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Kate is proving to be a natural royal
Old 06-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Vanessa Feltz is a very opinionated lady who tells it as she sees it. If Kate's pleasing her then she's doing ok.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice article; I've often thought about how Mom and Dad Middleton must be bursting their seams with pride, and rightfully so, on the meteoric rise of their daughter and such praise coming their way. It does say a lot about their well-grounded family and upbringing of their children that Kate has reached such a pinnacle in this remarkable manner.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

I have to agree. The Middletons did a fantastic job of raising their children and Im sure they are extremely proud of Catherine. I wonder if they ever thought that one of their daughters would marry a prince and have a fairytale life.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Majesty

This is a great article! I love that Catherine has no problems whatsoever talking to kids about her life. Her answers are straightforward and even though she doesn't go into details, she give a pretty good glimpse that an eight-year-old would understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Just your typical conversation around the campfire.
I thought that too . Would have loved to a fly on the wall (errr...log) while it was taking place .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I have to agree. The Middletons did a fantastic job of raising their children and Im sure they are extremely proud of Catherine. I wonder if they ever thought that one of their daughters would marry a prince and have a fairytale life.
I don't know if any parent ever thinks that his/her child would be able to reach such a hight. In my family, I was always told to 'keep it real and not get carried away'. I think that really made me feel like I couldn't go for the ultimate version of what I'd like my life to be like, as well as made me be more cautious. However, I do think the Middletons did a fantastic with their kids, and allowed them to really go for what they wanted, even if it sounded a bit out of reach.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

I apologize if this has been posted before. It is another article on Catherine's to Expanding Horizons.

Duchess of Cambridge flies in for surprise Wrotham visit - this is Kent
Old 06-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Kind words about the Duchess by Roland Mouret
Hurray for Roland Mouret - Telegraph
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why Kate Middleton is picture perfect | Life and style | The Observer
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Kind words about the Duchess by Roland Mouret
Hurray for Roland Mouret - Telegraph
I'm confused ....I thought when she wore the dress, he tweeted that he had no idea she had purchased the gown. Now it says they worked together on the dress.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I have no idea really. I actually can't member whether or not he tweeted anything. Maybe one of our members with a better memory can clear this up for us.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I have no idea really. I actually can't member whether or not he tweeted anything. Maybe one of our members with a better memory can clear this up for us.
my mistake it wasnt a tweet - it was from Grazia

This discussion was in the DOC evening wear thread post 262 May 11th.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-32584-14.html

Mirable provided this link to Grazia apparently quoting Mouret

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2012/05/08/kate-middleton-wears-white-floor-sweeping-gown-by-roland-mouret-at-claridges-hot.htm

I just remembered as I thought it odd he didnt know in the first place and now it is quoted that they worked together on the dress.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I don't get how they worked on the dress together since it was a runway piece and not a custom made piece.