The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Majesty

This is a great article! I love that Catherine has no problems whatsoever talking to kids about her life. Her answers are straightforward and even though she doesn't go into details, she give a pretty good glimpse that an eight-year-old would understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Just your typical conversation around the campfire.
I thought that too . Would have loved to a fly on the wall (errr...log) while it was taking place .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I have to agree. The Middletons did a fantastic job of raising their children and Im sure they are extremely proud of Catherine. I wonder if they ever thought that one of their daughters would marry a prince and have a fairytale life.
I don't know if any parent ever thinks that his/her child would be able to reach such a hight. In my family, I was always told to 'keep it real and not get carried away'. I think that really made me feel like I couldn't go for the ultimate version of what I'd like my life to be like, as well as made me be more cautious. However, I do think the Middletons did a fantastic with their kids, and allowed them to really go for what they wanted, even if it sounded a bit out of reach.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

I apologize if this has been posted before. It is another article on Catherine's to Expanding Horizons.

Duchess of Cambridge flies in for surprise Wrotham visit - this is Kent

Old 06-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Kind words about the Duchess by Roland Mouret
Hurray for Roland Mouret - Telegraph
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why Kate Middleton is picture perfect | Life and style | The Observer
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Kind words about the Duchess by Roland Mouret
Hurray for Roland Mouret - Telegraph
I'm confused ....I thought when she wore the dress, he tweeted that he had no idea she had purchased the gown. Now it says they worked together on the dress.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I have no idea really. I actually can't member whether or not he tweeted anything. Maybe one of our members with a better memory can clear this up for us.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I have no idea really. I actually can't member whether or not he tweeted anything. Maybe one of our members with a better memory can clear this up for us.
my mistake it wasnt a tweet - it was from Grazia

This discussion was in the DOC evening wear thread post 262 May 11th.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-32584-14.html

Mirable provided this link to Grazia apparently quoting Mouret

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2012/05/08/kate-middleton-wears-white-floor-sweeping-gown-by-roland-mouret-at-claridges-hot.htm

I just remembered as I thought it odd he didnt know in the first place and now it is quoted that they worked together on the dress.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I don't get how they worked on the dress together since it was a runway piece and not a custom made piece.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I don't get how they worked on the dress together since it was a runway piece and not a custom made piece.
Who is he supposed to have worked with?
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who is he supposed to have worked with?
The Telegraph article that ghost_night linked to contains an interview with Roland Mouret who says that he worked with Kate on the white evening dress she wore. He talks about how nice she was to work with, and that he enjoyed working with her etc. etc.

So clearly Kate didn't buy the dress off the shelf. She engaged with Mouret to tailor it to her specifications.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The Telegraph article that ghost_night linked to contains an interview with Roland Mouret who says that he worked with Kate on the white evening dress she wore. He talks about how nice she was to work with, and that he enjoyed working with her etc. etc.

So clearly Kate didn't buy the dress off the shelf. She engaged with Mouret to tailor it to her specifications.
Hmmm, I sense a lie. The Grazia article says he was so shocked she wore the dress. Someone is making a meal out of Catherine.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe he was misquoted? Maybe he didn't know when or where she would wear it, and I suppose there's a chance that she might've chosen never to wear it.

Rachel Trevor Morgan said at Royal Ascot the other she was surprised to see the Queen wear one of her hats on Ladies Day as she never knows when the Queen's going to wear them.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hmm perhaps, the Grazia article even says Mouret didn't even know she owned the dress. I think i'll go with hindsight in this and say Roland is using the dress to get some publicity.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Catherine's order of precedence have been moved to Order of Precedence .

Thanks!

Zonk

Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess vows to follow in her husband's footsteps and spend a night on the street
Kate Middleton to sleep rough on streets of London for Centrepoint homeless campaign - Mirror Online
Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The Duchess vows to follow in her husband's footsteps and spend a night on the street
Kate Middleton to sleep rough on streets of London for Centrepoint homeless campaign - Mirror Online
Very admirable! Will and Kate are very thoughtful and caring people!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
What benefit is there to someone like Kate, or William, or anyone famous sleeping with the homeless for a night? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just trying to understand why this is a good thing. I can understand Diana taking William and Harry to an area where there are homeless to show them how some other people have to live. They we're young, they didn't understand something like homelessness until they saw it.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
What benefit is there to someone like Kate, or William, or anyone famous sleeping with the homeless for a night? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just trying to understand why this is a good thing. I can understand Diana taking William and Harry to an area where there are homeless to show them how some other people have to live. They we're young, they didn't understand something like homelessness until they saw it.
Maybe just to see what it feels like and know even more how grateful they are. That's just my opinion.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't know if I believe this yet. It's just the one lady quoting Kate as saying, "You're on." I'll wait to hear it from the palace.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I don't know if I believe this yet. It's just the one lady quoting Kate as saying, "You're on." I'll wait to hear it from the palace.
Well this lady is actually Centrepoint's ambassador so I doubt she'd be making it up. As for the benefit I member the huge coverage William got when he did it. I remember even my friends talking about it for weeks and saying how it was a cause that kinda slips to the back of your mind normally. Both myself and my friends also said how we hadn't realized how bad homelessness had gotten and that it was great people like William are out there trying to do what they can to raise awareness, as well as obviously open themselves to an experience that really makes you realize that you should be grateful even for the little things in life.

Closed Thread