The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's what I like about them. I hate having to wear hose the few times I year I have to put them on, and I'd love to have a pair that makes it appear that I'm not wearing any at all.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I honestly thought she wasn't wearing any, but given the time of year and the event I didn't think that to be.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

So I got some info about tomorrow Catherine will be at the parade at 12(I'm assuming Uk time) which would be I think 4am PST/7am EST
Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So I got some info about tomorrow Catherine will be at the parade at 12(I'm assuming Uk time) which would be I think 4am PST/7am EST
Oh, I'm really looking forward to following this engagement. I hope she wears something green . It's a lovely gesture too, since she'll be visiting the Irish Guards (or at least I think that's the regiment she'll be visiting).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Heir Apparent

oops my bad I forgot about the time change so actually it'll be 5am PST/8am EST
Old 03-17-2012, 04:51 AM
Majesty

it's great to see kate getting involved with the olympics and teamGB! i wonder if she's planning to frequence up her engagements on it as we get closer to the games.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

First update for today!
Quote:
Joe Little ‏ @MajestyMagazine Happy St Patrick's Day! The Duchess of Cambridge will present shamrock to the Irish Guards at Mons Barracks, Aldershot, this morning.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
First update for today!
[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/MajestyMagazine"]
This is also from Majesty, thanks to twitter.

Quote:
Some 450 soldiers will march onto the parade square in full ceremonial uniform of scarlet tunics and bearskins. The Guards will be accompanied by the regimental mascot, Conmeal, an Irish wolfhound, who will also receive his own sprig of shamrock from the Duchess.

The engagement includes a private meeting with senior personnel in the officers’ mess; the St Patrick’s Day parade at which the Duchess will present shamrock to 40 officers and warrant officers, who will then issue it along the ranks; HRH meeting members of the QS club, the Regimental Association and the Mini Micks cadets on the parade ground following the parade; HRH being photographed with 100 sergeants and then with 40 officers; HRH visiting 300 guardsmen having lunch in the dining room; and a private meeting with past and present serving officers and their families. The engagement will finish with a private luncheon with officers at the barracks.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

^Oh great thank you I didn't know all those details. Well I'm off to bed once again this engagement is too early in the morning for me to take part so I'll catch up once I wake up.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Luckily today's my one day off so i'm going to try and keep up to date with the news, twitter is being my usual friend and hopefully reuters will upload a live video link.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparent

That's awesome thanks in advance for the updates!

Ok last little update from me. Mark Stewart says it's a very grey wet day and hopes the Duchess wears something colourful. Mentions this was one of the Queen Mum's fave jobs of the year
Old 03-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate is handing out the shamrock in Aldershot now. She's wearing a dark green coat dress with a belt. She's wearing a brown furry hat. Hair is down.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Nobility

It has begun, Kate for one is absolutly superbe. She wears a green coat (same color she wore with the Queen in Leicester last week), a so gorgeous hat (nearly the same Princess Mary wore once). I really love the whole look. Total success.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Nobility

EIIR bravo ... you beat me! Isnt she beautiful today? I'm sure you think the same as me.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks as if she's enjoying herself. I need to see more of the hat before I make up my mind.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Bad picture: https://twitter.com/#!/KatyFawITV/st...654464/photo/1
Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Nobility

from Paris I can follow the ceremony on Skynews. She gave a shamroch to a dog
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dog is the Irish Guards mascot - an Irish wolfhound called Conmael.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

First decent picture: http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...9wbno1_500.png
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Nobility

no fur hat, I think it's a velvet one.

Closed Thread