The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 02-05-2012, 06:15 PM
regardez's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 319
It sounds like the photography thing wouldn't be for a few years. I for one would love to see it!
__________________

__________________
now that the lilacs are in bloom,
she keeps a bowl of lilacs in her room
  #22  
Old 02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Is she living now alone in London or in Anglesey?

That's a good question.
__________________

  #23  
Old 02-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,116
Of course they care. That's what they do their whole working lives: give support to charities.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
Ooh she’s seem very good person very Nice to heard another royals members care that much about charity things
  #24  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Patra's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern, United States
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
It sounds like the photography thing wouldn't be for a few years. I for one would love to see it!
I agree with you, the photography exhibition by the DOC would be something exciting to see!
__________________
Patra
God is in the Details.....
  #25  
Old 02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge, ready to start his solo schedule
La duquesa de Cambridge, lista para emprender su agenda en solitario

Google Google Translate
  #26  
Old 02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Tuesday's upcoming 'away day' to Liverpool where she will undertake 3 separate engagements will certainly be interesting. I'm glad she's chosen to head to the North of England for her first full day of engagements.
  #27  
Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,208
She looked good, but then she should. She performed well for her first real solo engagement, but again I would expect her to after the amount of time she's had to practice. We'll see what liverpool brings.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #28  
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She looked good, but then she should. She performed well for her first real solo engagement, but again I would expect her to after the amount of time she's had to practice. We'll see what liverpool brings.
What do expect her to do...trip while walking up a flight of stairs? Break down in tears from the pressure of the "job"...or some other slip up. Is that what you want to witness?
  #29  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
What do expect her to do...trip while walking up a flight of stairs? Break down in tears from the pressure of the "job"...or some other slip up. Is that what you want to witness?
I don't know where you got that from, that's silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Is this her first solo engagement??
She stepped in for Charles last year when he went abroad for a funeral, but that was for her father-in-law. This was her first real engagement yes.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #30  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't know where you got that from, that's silly.
I'm glad you got the joke. However, my "silly" comments are nothing more than innuendos encouraged by constant insinuating that the Duchess of Cambridge will in one way or another make a fool of herself performing royal duties thus ratifying individuals' opinions of her not being acceptable as a member of the royal family. Just my own SILLY opinion.
  #31  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
I'm glad you got the joke. However, my "silly" comments are nothing more than innuendos encouraged by constant insinuating that the Duchess of Cambridge will in one way or another make a fool of herself performing royal duties thus ratifying individuals' opinions of her not being acceptable as a member of the royal family. Just my own SILLY opinion.
Many people would say, that to not do royal engagements is enough to make Catherine look foolish. We all have our opinions, Catherine performing an engagement is nothing out of the ordinary because that's what she is meant to do now.

Could you point me to some posts that insinuate that Catherine will "in one way or another make a fool of herself"? I have read many that suggest that her lack of engagements up until now shows that she's lazy and not willing to do her job. But I have seen none that suggest she will make a fool of herself?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #32  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Many people would say, that to not do royal engagements is enough to make Catherine look foolish. We all have our opinions, Catherine performing an engagement is nothing out of the ordinary because that's what she is meant to do now.

Could you point me to some posts that insinuate that Catherine will "in one way or another make a fool of herself"? I have read many that suggest that her lack of engagements up until now shows that she's lazy and not willing to do her job. But I have seen none that suggest she will make a fool of herself?
I'm not a big fan of Kate, but would never wish her to be involved in a "FOOLISH" moment. I don't think there is a snowball's chance in Hades that she would intentionally turn foolish while she's at work.
  #33  
Old 02-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Could you point me to some posts that insinuate that Catherine will "in one way or another make a fool of herself"? I have read many that suggest that her lack of engagements up until now shows that she's lazy and not willing to do her job. But I have seen none that suggest she will make a fool of herself?
Have a look at this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She looked good, but then she should. She performed well for her first real solo engagement, but again I would expect her to after the amount of time she's had to practice. We'll see what liverpool brings.
...

What does this comment insinuate? She "performed well" because of the "amount of time she's had to practice. We'll see what [L]iverpool brings." Fair point. Nevertheless, in regards to Liverpool how will you know if she has done enough preparation? What is the sign of the proper amount of time to practice? What to look for as a display of preparedness or a lack of such. Hence anticipation, hence innuendos. Would it be a mistake then to insinuate that individuals disappointed with the performance of the duchess will attribute it to a lack of preparation? I doubt that the attribution by those individuals will be associated with scholarship, therefore foolishness. Once again I offer in my humble opinion, on this entertaining and informing forum.
  #34  
Old 02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
I think she will be fine in Liverpool. Are there speeches involved? If so, there may be a gaffe, but that would be expected, unaccustomed as she is to public speaking.

How can she become foolish if she's just nodding, saying a short sentence and shaking hands?

Lumutqueen is right, she has had time to look good and to be able to overcome any qualms about mingling amongst the people. One can always tell when she's nervous (unless the wind is blowing) as she always fiddles with that annoying hair.

She's not perfect, and she's not going to be sacked if she fluffs something. If she fluffs too much, she may be relieved of her duties (which she might like very much).
  #35  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,808
As the amount, intensity and involvement of Kate's public appearances increase, so could the prospect of signs of nervousness, especially when she gives her first speech. Hopefully, no one wishes to see the Duchess display any major gaffe, but the unexpected can always happen despite the amount of preparedness. It's human nature. There's a saying, "Man prepares and the Lord laughs." You never know what could happen, but how well she masters any unexpected event and takes control of a situation that could go awry is the sign of confidence and poise. Kate strikes me as a woman who can handle just about anything, whether scripted or not.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #36  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,317
I'm soooo hoping that she does a really bang up job with her first speech. It seems many people are just waiting for her to fall on her "keister", figuratively speaking of course. I am amused at those who think she is doing "nothing". She is the wife of the heir to the heir and that's it ... along with being a newly wed in a situation that has to be stressful. I would love to see those who are so critical in her place for a period of time and see how they perform. She is William's wife and that's it at this point. She has presented herself well and not faltered. She has looked lovely and been gracious in all situations. What more do people expect of her at this point in time and just why should they expect more? I don't really get it that people appear so eager to see her make some major gaffe. It's a puzzle ........
As to her not "working", she comes from a wealthy family, she is no different in her job experience that the myriad young men who seem to open an "art gallery" in London to appear as though they are productive. It's amazing the lifestyle some of those people can maintain .... one has to wonder just how many pieces of art they have had to sell to manage that. It appears that people want Catherine to fit into "their" set of standards, which for the most part are middle class standards and Catherine is not middle class, at least by American standards. Not to mention that middle class people work usually because they need to.
  #37  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
Nevertheless, in regards to Liverpool how will you know if she has done enough preparation? What is the sign of the proper amount of time to practice?
How will I know? She'll behave exactly as she did at the exhibit, hopefully with a bit more confidence as the 'first one is out the way'. Someone obviously thinks Catherine has had enough time to prepare, as she's been allowed out into the big wide world on her own, without her loving husband to shield her.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
What to look for as a display of preparedness or a lack of such. Hence anticipation, hence innuendos. Would it be a mistake then to insinuate that individuals disappointed with the performance of the duchess will attribute it to a lack of preparation? I doubt that the attribution by those individuals will be associated with scholarship, therefore foolishness. Once again I offer in my humble opinion, on this entertaining and informing forum.
As for these questions, I am not an expert on someone's behaviour, I cannot tell what to look for in a person to see whether they are prepared or not. In this case, being prepared for the event probably refers to knowing the correct background information, getting everyone's name right, and delivering whatever lines you have correctly. If Catherine does this on Tuesday, then again she will have performed well just like she should.
There is no reason for her to be unprepared, when she has had numerous months to prepare.
If Catherine does potentially look foolish perhaps by fluffing up her lines, or calling the wrong person by the wrong name then some people may put it down to nerves or some may attribute it to being unprepared, everyone has their own opinions of course. I would attribute it to being unprepared.

Your humble opinion might I add, is a little aggressive. Perhaps being open to both sides of the story will enlighten your opinion.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #38  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
As the amount, intensity and involvement of Kate's public appearances increase, so could the prospect of signs of nervousness, especially when she gives her first speech. Hopefully, no one wishes to see the Duchess display any major gaffe, but the unexpected can always happen despite the amount of preparedness. It's human nature. There's a saying, "Man prepares and the Lord laughs." You never know what could happen, but how well she masters any unexpected event and takes control of a situation that could go awry is the sign of confidence and poise. Kate strikes me as a woman who can handle just about anything, whether scripted or not.
I agree with your assessment here. Giving speeches and doing public appearances are similar to being in a classroom. You spent time creating a lesson plan, and then, when you're teaching the said lesson, things that you didn't count happen. It happened to me during an observation, and I almost ran out of the room, because I was so upset with kids' atrocious behavior. Everything that could have gone wrong did, and one of the things my advisor and cooperating teacher told me was to always expect the unexpected and when it occurs, just act as if it's part of the routine and adapt the lesson on the spot. No need for the kids to know that something went wrong, because they'll use it to their advantage and continue to disrupt and not pay attention. I think Catherine is as prepared as she's going to be, because after a while, the only 'preparation' that is left is actually going out and practicing what you have learned/observed (something I was scared and reluctant to do during student teaching and both, my advisor and cooperating teacher had to simply give me no choice but to go in front of that classroom and teach). It's scary, but unfortunately needs to be done. Catherine has handled her first solo engagement well, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her venturing on her own. If there are blunders, that's all right. She's human, and will make mistakes, then learn from them and do things differently next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I'm soooo hoping that she does a really bang up job with her first speech. It seems many people are just waiting for her to fall on her "keister", figuratively speaking of course. I am amused at those who think she is doing "nothing". She is the wife of the heir to the heir and that's it ... along with being a newly wed in a situation that has to be stressful. I would love to see those who are so critical in her place for a period of time and see how they perform. She is William's wife and that's it at this point. She has presented herself well and not faltered. She has looked lovely and been gracious in all situations. What more do people expect of her at this point in time and just why should they expect more? I don't really get it that people appear so eager to see her make some major gaffe. It's a puzzle ........
As to her not "working", she comes from a wealthy family, she is no different in her job experience that the myriad young men who seem to open an "art gallery" in London to appear as though they are productive. It's amazing the lifestyle some of those people can maintain .... one has to wonder just how many pieces of art they have had to sell to manage that. It appears that people want Catherine to fit into "their" set of standards, which for the most part are middle class standards and Catherine is not middle class, at least by American standards. Not to mention that middle class people work usually because they need to.
Well said! The cattiness and pettiness regarding Catherine's involvement and what have you really has to stop. She's doing what she can, and is now at the stage when she's ready to step out solo. I think if she did so earlier, the experience would not have been necessarily positive.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #39  
Old 02-12-2012, 12:10 PM
cinrit's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Deep South, United States
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think she will be fine in Liverpool. Are there speeches involved? If so, there may be a gaffe, but that would be expected, unaccustomed as she is to public speaking.
I read somewhere a couple of days ago (don't remember where) that her first speaking engagement will be in Liverpool on Tuesday. Let's wish her luck. Public speaking is high on the list of phobias. Few people feel comfortable giving speeches, and I doubt anyone giving their first one isn't at least a little nervous.

Quote:
One can always tell when she's nervous (unless the wind is blowing) as she always fiddles with that annoying hair.
Why do you find her hair annoying? I think it's beautiful, and always well-groomed.
  #40  
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I read somewhere a couple of days ago (don't remember where) that her first speaking engagement will be in Liverpool on Tuesday. Let's wish her luck. Public speaking is high on the list of phobias. Few people feel comfortable giving speeches, and I doubt anyone giving their first one isn't at least a little nervous.

Why do you find her hair annoying? I think it's beautiful, and always well-groomed.
I hope she does well. She has a very pleasant speaking voice, as well as good diction. Speaking in front of people is extremely nerve-wrecking, so it'll be understandable if she fiddles with her hair just a little before she goes up to deliver her speech. I think she'll do well. She's a confident and capable young woman, who has been in very good hands when it came to her training. Now, it's time to put that training to practice, and that's not easy. Good luck to Catherine.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015 Zonk Current Events Archive 361 01-31-2015 09:01 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 861 01-01-2014 10:44 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit poll birthday corbyn coup d'etat crown prince crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge earl of snowdon fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles princess eugenie eveningwear princess madeleine hats princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary eveningwear princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia princess sofia and alexander queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara tiaras


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises