The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Kate is most probably not present at the Garden Party. ITN has a video of it; at the beginning, you can see the royals on the top of stairs, including the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent - but no sign of Kate.
Home - ITNSource News

Last edited:
I read somewhere that apparently she is in anglesey. She was spotted at Tesco. I think we'll see her on the 29th one

Last edited:
Have there been any photos of her there in Anglsey? Why would she be there? I thought they were still in London.

LadyGabrielle said:
Have there been any photos of her there in Anglsey? Why would she be there? I thought they were still in London.

She'll be in Anglesey if William is back at work. There will be I photos because she's at home. We rarely get photos.

Thats true. I thought they might still be in London. I forgot he had to go back to work. Thanks.

I'd wager that she's planning her wardrobe for next weekend, which will be incredibly busy. William will just wear his favourite blue suit or military uniform as required. It's a bit more complicated for the ladies.

To be honest, I don't envy Kate having to plan outfits and hats for such divergent occasions as the Derby, sailing down the Thames, a huge pop concert in the evening, and a big church thanksgiving service. Also, if it's raining and windy, she may have to opt for different outfits. This is going to be beamed around the world; the biggest royal event for over 100 years; and Kate will be the person whose clothes choices will be critiqued the most. I'd say she's had a few new hats and outfits commissioned and tailored. I'd be incredibly surprised if she repeated an outfit she's worn previously, and I'm pretty sure she'll be liaising with the other royal ladies to make sure there are no colour clashes. Plus, she does all this by herself; she has no stylists or dressers like the European princesses do.

To be honest, I flaff about getting ready when I'm going to a wedding; something like this would make me utterly sick with worry. I'd be petrified of somehow letting the Queen down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus, she does all this by herself; she has no stylists or dressers like the European princesses do.
To be honest, we have no idea what help she is or isn't getting but I would be surprised if she was left to sort it out herself. As this is a very, very important and highly publicised series of events she has no baseline as to what is acceptable wear for any of them. She does however have Camilla, Sophie and, for that matter, the Queen herself to tip her the nod as to what's what.

As to the European princesses? Well they are all either Crown Princesses by virtue of marriage and therefore already well schooled or, Crown Princess Victoria who has had her life to get it right!

And once again, Catherine is only the heir's heir and this is just one very momentous year. Next year she'll be laughing with far fewer "Momentous Occasions".

While it's true that we have no real idea of how much assistance Kate is getting from various sources, it is generally accepted that she does not have a dedicated stylist/dresser. So she gets a lot of credit for turning up in the right outfit for the occasion, even if others have made some suggestions to her about what to wear, or what kind of outfit would be appropriate. After all, she apparently showed up with a 'mood board' when consulting people about her wedding, so she has definite and strong ideas about what she wears and how she looks.

Last edited:
While it's true that we have no real idea of how much assistance Kate is getting from various sources, it is generally accepted that she does not have a dedicated stylist/dresser. So she gets a lot of credit for turning up in the right outfit for the occasion, even if others have made some suggestions to her about what to wear, or what kind of outfit would be appropriate. After all, she apparently showed up with a 'mood board' when consulting people about her wedding, so she has definite and strong ideas about what she wears and how she looks.

I hate to sound ignorant, but what on earth is a "mood board"?

She may be getting help, or she may not be getting help on her dress and looks, she probaly doesnt see anything wrong with her clothes or hair. she may not like her haor pulled back, not everyone with long hair does. i like most of her clothes, i wish she would have more brighter clothes, but that just may not be her personality.

To be honest, we have no idea what help she is or isn't getting but I would be surprised if she was left to sort it out herself. As this is a very, very important and highly publicised series of events she has no baseline as to what is acceptable wear for any of them. She does however have Camilla, Sophie and, for that matter, the Queen herself to tip her the nod as to what's what.

As to the European princesses? Well they are all either Crown Princesses by virtue of marriage and therefore already well schooled or, Crown Princess Victoria who has had her life to get it right!

And once again, Catherine is only the heir's heir and this is just one very momentous year. Next year she'll be laughing with far fewer "Momentous Occasions".

My point simply was that Kate does not employ a stylist or a dresser, which we know is a fact. She was given the option of 'borrowing' a dresser for the tour of Canada and the US last year, and she turned it down. So all her clothes choices are made by her and all the preparations for next weekend will be done by her. Given she receives way more international press coverage than any other princess in the UK or Europe, that has to be big pressure. She may only be the heir's heir's wife, but she's probably the most high profile royal in the world along with the Queen.

I hate to sound ignorant, but what on earth is a "mood board"?

My apologies, I should have explained more fully. :flowers: If you go to Google Images and search for "Wedding mood board" you will see that it is merely a board with pictures, maybe fabric swatches, which shows the 'mood' that you are trying to create for whatever occasion you are planning for. It provides a visual representation to show others to demonstrate what you are trying to achieve.

You might add things as you go along - for example, after you had decided on the flowers, you might add photos of the color and type of flowers that you were having and then if you went to order the cake, those flowers or the color of the flowers might be replicated on the cake.

Creating a mood board is a highly personal thing, so I'm pretty sure that Kate created her own wedding mood board. We also know she knows a little bit about art. This, plus the fact that she does not have a dedicated stylist/dresser supports the idea that others here have put forward that a lot of how Kate looks, the colors she wears, the clothes and accessories she chooses, comes from directly from her. Yes, she may have input from others, or get suggestions from various sources, but it does appear that a lot of how she looks - her style - comes from her.

Edited to add link re: Kate using mood boards: http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/03/kate_middleton_had_strong_idea.html

Last edited:
This is almost like a story board created for visual conception of a plot used by writers in movies or television. Obviously, Kate leaves nothing to chance and is a very meticulous planner, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's driving her entire look with suggestions and support from others.

Thanks for the link, Daria.:flowers:

Last edited:
The look book is nice. A nice compilation of photos from the last year. She looks great in most of them.

Great pictures, she is beautiful I like her clothes. Chic and simple.

Very nice retrospective of her past styles; I wouldn't mind seeing her wear some of those outfits today. There's a particular one of her in a limousine wearing a lovely black and beige print dress with a stunning sweetheart neckline; that's one of my favorites. Thank you, Mystiblue.:flowers:

You don't sound ignorant at all. I have no clue what it is either. However, since I'm having trouble falling asleep, I thought I'd google it for my own curiosity. Here's what I found (and yes, since it's from Wikipedia, it may not be all that correct).

Mood board - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My apologies, I should have explained more fully. :flowers: If you go to Google Images and search for "Wedding mood board" you will see that it is merely a board with pictures, maybe fabric swatches, which shows the 'mood' that you are trying to create for whatever occasion you are planning for. It provides a visual representation to show others to demonstrate what you are trying to achieve.

You might add things as you go along - for example, after you had decided on the flowers, you might add photos of the color and type of flowers that you were having and then if you went to order the cake, those flowers or the color of the flowers might be replicated on the cake.

Creating a mood board is a highly personal thing, so I'm pretty sure that Kate created her own wedding mood board. We also know she knows a little bit about art. This, plus the fact that she does not have a dedicated stylist/dresser supports the idea that others here have put forward that a lot of how Kate looks, the colors she wears, the clothes and accessories she chooses, comes from directly from her. Yes, she may have input from others, or get suggestions from various sources, but it does appear that a lot of how she looks - her style - comes from her.

Edited to add link re: Kate using mood boards: Kate Middleton Had

Thanks. I understand now. I am quite clueless about this stuff. I will have been married 20 years this October and I did not use anything remotely like a "mood board". I just picked what I liked.

Of course, I didn't get married in front of billions of people. :ohmy:

garden party at BP is tomorrow! Hope to see Kate there :)

The Kate Middleton Look Book -- The Cut

Some gorgeous photos of Kate going back to 2005. Taken from the link above but don't know whether anyone clicked on the "look book".

A very lovely overview of Catherine's style from the past seven or so years. I really love that her style hasn't really changed. She dressed elegantly and conservatively pretty much from the beginning. That's not to say that there were no misses, because no one is perfect and even the best of us will sometimes wear something that ends up looking a little odd or unflattering.

So I'm about 90% sure we will be seeing Kate today with the Queen at the garden party
Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate So Kate will be at today's garden party! Starts at 4pm! (GMT)
@liltinglimes Alot of the royal journos have tweeted saying she'll be there today :)

So for conversion purposes that's 8am PST and 11am EST

British Royals ‏@britishroyals RT @RE_DailyMail: Off to Buckingham Palace today for the Duchess of Cambridge's first Garden Party with the Queen.
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Another first today for the Duchess of Cambridge as she joins HM & other Royals at the second Buckingham Palace Garden Party of the Season
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt Duchess of Cambridge attends her first garden party this afternoon. In the past guests have consumed, on av, 14 sandwiches,cakes and scones
phil dampier ‏@phildampier Kate will be at Buckingham Palace garden party with Queen today - but not William.
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN Off to Buckingham Palace garden party today. Duchess of Cambridge's first one too ... Few thousand others

Last edited:
Last weeks Garden Party was discussed in this thread, as it's an event more than one royal attends

About 10 months before William and Kate's engagement, I had a dream that Diana came to see her sons' girl friends. In my dream Diana was very fond of Kate and said she is "the one", but she was not very sure about Harry's girlfriend.

To be honest I think my dream is even more *real* than that article, at least it did happen. It is really pathetic and meaningless to write an article to conjecture on the relationship of a son's dead mother and his wife. It is so sick that even after one and half decade, the press still needs to drag a dead woman's name to sell their newspapers, and people STILL buy it. Gosh, this article attracted almost 500 comments.

O.k. Well did anyone watch the CNN special " The women who would be Queen" ? I missed some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom