The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you, we may have hated the monarchy back in the day but we're enthralled by it now!

Last edited:
I tell you, we may have hated the monarchy back in the day but we're enthralled by it now!

IA that we are fascinated with royalty, though I think it is primarily limited to the Brits. But, I think most Americans like to admire from afar-- in that we don't want a monarchy here.

Last edited:

I agree here. Many in the States are fascinated with the royals, but most in the sense of the glamour and lifestyle, rather than the historical importance. I went shopping for a birthday gift for myself (got some cash and thought I'd put it to good use) and saw a really nice jewelry set. When I was buying it, the lady behind the counter said that the pieces looked like something Catherine would wear, and went ahead to tell me about Diana's engagement ring, and what else have you. I thought it was kind of nice, because I don't meet too many people that share my interest in royals (though mine goes beyond the surface, which drives people insane).

IA that we are fascinated with royalty, though I think it is primarily limited to the Brits. But, I think most Americans like to admire from afar-- in that we don't want a monarchy here.

I've noticed that as well. When people hear 'royals', they automatically assume that Great Britain is the only country in the world with a royal family. Of course that family gets most press, so it's only natural that people in the States would know of their existence.

Well, here's my contribution for today. A nice article from 'The Telegraph'. It's nice to see that the support for the monarchy is not going down.

Diamond Jubilee and 'Kate effect' lead to record support for the monarchy, poll shows - Telegraph

Everyone just loves to have their say on Kate. How did these people fill their magazines and newspapers before the wedding? Everyday the DM seem to have about 6 articles about Kate on their website. Can you imagine how mad it's going to be when she eventually gets pregnant?

Honestly. Thats probably all we will be reading about for a while. Will be interesting to see.

Everyone just loves to have their say on Kate. How did these people fill their magazines and newspapers before the wedding? Everyday the DM seem to have about 6 articles about Kate on their website. Can you imagine how mad it's going to be when she eventually gets pregnant?

It'll be a pandemonium of gigantic proportions, that's for sure. However, I don't see it stopping anytime soon, because anything Catherine and William-related sells like hot cakes almost anywhere one looks.

Media is just biding their time with filler stories until William and Kate start a family. Then it'll be a free for all for sure!

Does anyone know when the Buckingham garden party will be? I heard that it'll be tomorrow.. is it true?

Kate will be at the one tomorow, the other one is on the 29th May and the third one is cancelled.

So tomorrowl: garden party with Kate and baptism of Princess Estelle in Sweden.

I'd forgotten about that. Good news is it should be hot and sunny tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see what everyone wears.

I'd forgotten about that. Good news is it should be hot and sunny tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see what everyone wears.

I do hope Kate wears something colorful, but I understand if she dresses understated with the focus being on the Queen.

I'm hoping for light, summery and floral - suitable for a tea party in the Big Garden!

Last edited:
:previous: I think we will see a repeat dress; possibly from last summer's Canadian tour. The hand painted Jenny Packham silk dress would look lovely at a garden party tomorrow dressed up with a lovely, belt and hat.

If that's the one Kate wore at the polo match, that would be nice with a lovely hat.

There are thousands of people at these things, so a bright colour wouldn't go amiss.

I'd love to see her in a coloring floral dress, but the dress she wore at polo match would be nice as well

Kate will be at the one tomorow, the other one is on the 29th May and the third one is cancelled.

Why was one cancelled?
Was it because they are getting so expensive, with the guests scarfing down the food?

(I read that the average guest eats 14 treats! That is quite a lot!) :lol:

I'm here and ready for tomorrow, doubt I'll be able to get much info about tomorrow but I'll try to find out an approx time.

Baroness of Books said:
I snuck into the LA visit thread and snagged this photo of the dress Kate wore to the polo match, in case we all needed a refresher! Perhaps it's garden party potential with a pretty hat, but personally I'd like her in something brighter.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/10/article-2012983-0CF0D54100000578-747_470x1218.jpg

Thanks for the refresher. I like this dress and I think it would be appropriate for a garden party. Furthermore since we the public have seen this dress, it would not out do Her Majesty.

I'd really like to see Kate again in the yellow Jenny Packham dress she wore when she was leaving Canada. The pastel floral one would be an excellent choice too. :)

the cancelled the third one on advice from government because of the recession. The Queen had to do as anyone else and contributes to less expenses.

There is a 3rd Garden party being held at Balmoral in August.

When do these things usually start cause for once I've heard nothing!

ETA: Apparently it's between 4pm-6pm UK time

ghost_night554 said:
When do these things usually start cause for once I've heard nothing!

ETA: Apparently it's between 4pm-6pm UK time

Yeah, it's like afternoon tea.

It may well be like the luncheon the other day - press access is limited to one photographer and one video camera and we'll have to wait until possibly after the party finishes to see much.

I'm searching now and I can't find anything about the Duchess' attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom