The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's great that Catherine and Pippa are able to see each other on relatively regular basis I'm sure Catherine could use someone she trusts at this point, to share confidences and maybe even some worries she may have about her role.

Alright, I like Kate as much as the next person, but I am getting tired of these specials on her and/or William that have nothing new to talk about and are repeating the same things we heard in November 2010, leading up to April 2011, and ending 2011.

Alright, I like Kate as much as the next person, but I am getting tired of these specials on her and/or William that have nothing new to talk about and are repeating the same things we heard in November 2010, leading up to April 2011, and ending 2011.

I kind of agree with you on this but I always seem to learn at least one new thing in each program. I know a lot of channels are repeating specials from last year because of their anniversary, but this one actually sounds like it will include different info and possibly from hopefully reliable first hand sources. We won't know unless we actually watch it I guess. Although you could wait until someone here has watched it and then ask them if its worth watching.

I'm glad she and Charles seem to get along so well. It's great that they've found in each other shared interests which other family members don't share.

I'm glad also that Kate seems to enjoy her public engagements. The thing about focusing on one person when she gets out of the car is a good tip, and you can actually see her doing it sometimes.

I'm glad that Catherine has formed strong bonds with the Queen and the Prince of Wales. I think common interests are a key to breaking the ice, and getting to know one another in any relationship, and Catherine's relationship with her in-laws is no different. It's lovely that the Duchess keeps Charles company and enjoys going to the opera and other events that deal with art and culture.

It was also delightful to read that Catherine is enjoying her public engagements. It's very visible in pictures and videos, and getting a written confirmation is just an icing on the cake sometimes. I think her ease comes from the fact that she ignores the media and 'forgets that they're there'. That's a great tactic; she can be herself and not worry so much about how she'll come off in the press later on that day, or the next morning. I've done my share of public speaking/stage performing/teaching, and yes, focusing on something or someone can be a great help. I cannot always focus (my eyes won't allow it), but I pick something in the room to direct my eyes to, if I'm in need of calming down.

I agree entirely, Daria. It was actually something I noticed on the BBC News tonight when they were reporting on Will and Kate's visit to the Scott/Amundsen campaign. As soon as Kate got out of the car the flashlights were blinding, and they didn't ease off, it just kept going until she went inside. The news anchor actually had to warn us before the segment so those who have problems with flashing lights could look away.

I just thought, how intimidating it must be to walk out in front of that. Just knowing that everyone's staring at you, judging you, looking for mistakes etc. Obviously she's getting used to it, but it would petrify me. I suppose it's like actresses on the Oscar red carpet.

Kate will accompany Queen for royal rite of passage as she sips tea with 8,000 guests.For exclusive story see: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2143056/Duchess-Cambridge-attend-Buckingham-Palace-garden-party-month.html

Great news! Cant wait for this event.
It's great seeing her attending events with the Royal family without William, makes her more secure IMO (not that she isn't) but William can't be there for every event.
I hope Kate makes an appearance at Royal Ascot.

Oh, this should be really nice. Kate will be in her element with this meet-and-greet occasion.

Kate will accompany Queen for royal rite of passage as she sips tea with 8,000 guests.For exclusive story see: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2143056/Duchess-Cambridge-attend-Buckingham-Palace-garden-party-month.html

Saw the article about this in the DM too. I'm very excited to see Catherine at this event. She'll do marvelously, because I feel that talking to people is her strength. She strikes me as someone who does great when interacting with people in small groups or one-on-one. Can't wait to see how this goes.

Good for Kate that she's low-key, unpretentious and fetches clothing herself during these shopping trips; she continues to maintain her down-to-earth manner. I hope it always remains that way.

Thanks for the article, Ghost.:flowers:

Last edited:
No prob happy we didn't get pix the way we used to. I like that they're leaving her alone to do what she wants in her down time.

She's obviously become a master of the stealth approach to shopping - in for a sudden attack of retail therapy and departing before anyone's the wiser!:lol:

Good for Kate that she's low-key, unpretentious and fetches clothing herself during these shopping trips; she continues to maintain her down-to-earth manner. I hope it always remains that way.

Thanks for the article, Ghost.:flowers:

Absolutely in agreement here. I think Catherine is drawing as little attention to herself as possible and therefore sends a message that she's just like other customers and doesn't expect special treatment. Like you, I hope she doesn't change that aspect of herself as the years go by. It makes her more endearing and approachable.

No prob happy we didn't get pix the way we used to. I like that they're leaving her alone to do what she wants in her down time.

I think it's great that the press is choosing to let her go shopping without any fanfare. It's her 'down' time, and she deserves to be left alone to do whatever it is she needs to do.

She's obviously become a master of the stealth approach to shopping - in for a sudden attack of retail therapy and departing before anyone's the wiser!:lol:

I can tell you, that if I were at that store, I wouldn't have noticed her or known about her presence until checking on a place like here and seeing this discussion. That kind of 'blending in' takes a certain amount of stealth indeed. Also, I applaud the store and its' employees and other patrons for not sending any pictures of her in action. Good way to discourage the press, I think.

I have to say, having spent a bit of time in the US over the last couple of years, it amazes me how much press Kate gets in the US. It wasn't just the usual celebrity magazines, but the Today show and GMA etc. had reports on everything she did.

It's very telling that all the networks have dedicated royal correspondents now. It's offered the usual royal hacks in the UK a lot of extra work, no matter how crap they are (Katie Nicholl, I'm looking at you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom