The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure Kate's pretty nervous tonight. Among other firsts, it'll be her first trip on the Royal Train.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC just posted the times for tomorrow with conversions for those who are on EST. For PST we're 3 hours behind the EST time posted.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...l67wo1_500.jpg

There is no way I'll be able to cover this one I have class in the morning so there is no way I can stay up till 3:30am but I'll be here prior to the actual appearance so any pre-appearance news I'll post.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm sure Kate's pretty nervous tonight. Among other firsts, it'll be her first trip on the Royal Train.
Oh that's very cool :) Hopefully she gets some nice time with HM and Prince Phillip. I've heard it said that the Royal Train is HM's most relaxing place.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

On another board, people were discussing some Unicef interview she gave and some people said she did bad. Does anyone know what interview she gave and if you have seen it what was your opinion of how she speaks?
The only time I have heard her talk was during the engagement interview, and a very small clip from a few years before. The only thing I can recall that she might need to work on is talking with her hands.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
On another board, people were discussing some Unicef interview she gave and some people said she did bad. Does anyone know what interview she gave and if you have seen it what was your opinion of how she speaks?
The only time I have heard her talk was during the engagement interview, and a very small clip from a few years before. The only thing I can recall that she might need to work on is talking with her hands.
It was like a quick question that they asked her out of the blue here it is.

She starts at 0:47
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Gentry

I don't think she did bad at all. She was nervous but still managed to speak slow, she didn't rush her answer. I think being nervous would be quite normal in this situation...
I love how William nods at her answer, like agreeing with it. I think he must be very proud of her
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Depending on how they figure six weeks out, it's either today or the 15th.

Also, I believe Catherine is appearing due to it being the Jubilee year, they're involved in the tour and for them to just do overseas visits and ignore engagements at home would be costly. With William away as well, Catherine probably needed to look like she was doing something.
I think I read somewhere that he was due back on the 20th. Don't remember where I saw it though.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
She didn't do badly. She has a nice speaking voice. She was obviously a little nervous, but I think she did just fine.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 AM
Heir Apparent

For anyone wondering I've posted an overview of how everything will go down today in this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-31428-19.html

I'm guessing that today's events should be/will be discussed in that thread and not here since the Queen and Duke will be with Catherine.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
For anyone wondering I've posted an overview of how everything will go down today in this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-31428-19.html

I'm guessing that today's events should be/will be discussed in that thread and not here since the Queen and Duke will be with Catherine.
Thank you very much for covering the event! I can't wait to read all about it.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Clarence House just announced a joint engagement on the 15th for the Duchess with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall! He's introducing her to his children and arts charity, and they'll both be meeting some of the children taking part in one of the projects.

She's been so busy lately! It's fantastic getting so many appearances, especially all of these with senior members of the royal family. She's done a very good job handling this time away from William.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Nobility

Wait the duchess of Cornwall is his wife. Did you mean duchess of Cambridge?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Administrator

I believe she is referring to the fact that the Duchess (Catherine) will make an appearance with the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I believe she is referring to the fact that the Duchess (Catherine) will make an appearance with the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Exactly! Sorry, I thought it would be obvious since its in this thread but I should have been more specific!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Nobility

Oh oops, sorry my fault!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Clarence House just announced a joint engagement on the 15th for the Duchess with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall! He's introducing her to his children and arts charity, and they'll both be meeting some of the children taking part in one of the projects.

She's been so busy lately! It's fantastic getting so many appearances, especially all of these with senior members of the royal family. She's done a very good job handling this time away from William.
This one should be very exciting to watch. Catherine loves children and art, so I bet she'll be in her element there.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This one should be very exciting to watch. Catherine loves children and art, so I bet she'll be in her element there.
Agreed. Plus, she seems to have such a nice relationship with the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall. I think it will be so fantastic to see them all working together on something that Kate really loves.

The Royal Family seems much closer these days. It's very nice.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Agreed. Plus, she seems to have such a nice relationship with the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall. I think it will be so fantastic to see them all working together on something that Kate really loves.

The Royal Family seems much closer these days. It's very nice.
Oh, I love seeing the family working together. I think everyone is a lot happier now, and it shows.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Oh, I love seeing the family working together. I think everyone is a lot happier now, and it shows.
I agree - its far more pleasant for everyone even if there are ripples - they are maintaining a good front - which is all one asks for, after all.

I still find Kate difficult to watch. I realize most everyone else sees a relaxed and calm lady - try as I might I don't. Very awkward moments - especially with children. Painful to watch. On the walk-about with the Queen recently her outfit looked too tight and very uncomfortable for what she was trying to do. The leaning down to children is ..... oh well. She is trying so hard. I know I am alone'ish in this but when I see her in public I am uneasy, like something isn't quite....something. I won't go on.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I agree - its far more pleasant for everyone even if there are ripples - they are maintaining a good front - which is all one asks for, after all.

I still find Kate difficult to watch. I realize most everyone else sees a relaxed and calm lady - try as I might I don't. Very awkward moments - especially with children. Painful to watch. On the walk-about with the Queen recently her outfit looked too tight and very uncomfortable for what she was trying to do. The leaning down to children is ..... oh well. She is trying so hard. I know I am alone'ish in this but when I see her in public I am uneasy, like something isn't quite....something. I won't go on.
No you're definitely not alone, honestly I thought I was the only one who saw this as well... The thing that bothers me the most is that it's a skill set that IMO can not really be learned so I wonder whether she'll improve in some time

Closed Thread