The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying, that this isn't a personal accolade for Catherine and I didn't intend to mean otherwise, but I still can't help feeling that as a novice - and she still is, despite the confident appearances she's made and her ease in performing whatever duties she must - she has to feel it rather daunting to partake in these ceremonies and have such a spectrum of honors directed at her by means of her position. I just try to put myself in that situation of coming from an ordinary background to such a status as this, with all the adjustments this has to involve, and I would find it very surreal.

I fully agree with you. It must be difficult for anybody who was not born to and raised for such a position to be suddenly not only a person, but part of history in a way. But the way she conducts her duties remind me very much of the grace the ladies in the fifties fulfilled public appearances - stylish, smiling, friendly, yet dignified and always just the slightest bit aloof. Think of young princesses Elizabeth and Margaret. Or OTOH a filmstar like Audrey Hepburn who really was a wonderful, ladylike appearance. Catherine reminds me a lot of those timeless, classic ladies.

Strange that I never felt that way with Diana, who was so much a person of the 80ties and 90ties with the change from untouchable lady to common-touch celebrity. Not that I want to diminish Diana but I prefer a lady a bit more, hmmm, reserved. But that's just my opinion, of course. But I wouldn't wonder if the queen, Anne and Camilla realised that Catherine is cut from the same stock as they.

HRH Catherine Duchess of Cambridge is an ab-so-l-ute natural!

I must say I highly admire her,the more so with her hubbie away on duty.But then she gets full support of the Firm,all the way which also is fantastic to see.They all seem genuinely smitten with her...who wouldn't...Another Jewel in the Crown!:)

Yes, indeed, I think the RF struck the motherlode with Kate. I think it's her down-to-earth background and upbringing that are such assets, giving her the ability to "roll with the punches." Not everyone can do this, though, and I have to tip my own chapeau to her that she's an apt pupil, training with the best, and bringing her own brand of sweetness and dignity, elegance and that bit of royal reserve to the role. I just can't wait for Monday's speech; I'm sure she'll acquit herself very well.

Last edited:
Kate and 23 children

Over the past months since her marriage Kate has had the opportunity to meet and get flowers, hugs and generally won over the hearts of many a child. Found this article online which has a collection of her with the kids.

Enjoy!

Kate Middleton Bonds With Adorable Children (PHOTOS)

What wonderful pictures. Catherine has a really good relationship with children. I know its part of her appearances that children give her flowers but I like how she was brings herself down to their level and seems genuine when she speaks to them. Its so sweet. :)

Last edited:
I thought Catherine looked so calm when she stepped out of the car to do the presentations. That's not to say she is inside thou - just recently Princess Mary (in our latest magazine) said she felt so exposed and vulnerable but covered it up well. No doubt Catherine would be feeling the same but when you see her doing her Royal duties, she was born for the role. Well done Kate :flowers:

It's said that 50 percent of your body heat is trapped when you wear a hat, and coupled with a heavy wool ceremonial uniform, this poor soldier had to have been baking. And if you're feeling unwell to start with, well....

And that Irish wolfhound was definitely impressive and massive in size, but seemed to have fallen for Kate's charms as well. I liked that part when she attached the shamrocks to its collar.

I have to say that she look delighted today and very much at ease. How surreal is it to have all these men in formal military uniform congregate in your honor, salute you and drink toasts to you? I'd be pinching myself black and blue, thinking I'm dreaming.

I'd have been pinching myself if a Prince came along and started courting me. She must be used to some of it by now!

Your welcome! For me the event will be at 3:30am so seeing as your in Cali you and I are in the same time zone so the event will be at the same time for you as well. I too am so nervous for her but I'm sure she'll do great as always.

Another article:Richard Kay: Why HM's so comfortable with Kate | Mail Online

Does Richard Kay have a problem with Kate?

Every time I read one of his articles he seems to be complimenting her but having a dig at her at the same time. It's just this sort of hostile undertone. Maybe I've gone off my rocker.

Does Richard Kay have a problem with Kate?

Every time I read one of his articles he seems to be complimenting her but having a dig at her at the same time. It's just this sort of hostile undertone. Maybe I've gone off my rocker.
Guess he's mad he no longer has the inside scoop on the BRF like he did when Diana was alive. But ya he is awful but I did like that he complimented her to an extent that's why I posted it. I've learned to sorta block out all the negative things when I read articles.:lol:

Richard Kay will never get over Diana, and never misses a chance to get his digs in at anyone who may possibly be seen to be stepping into her role.

As far as I know no word as of yet. I imagine they'll have some down time now that William is coming home. I then imagine they may get to work on doing joint appearances for the jubilee and perhaps Olympics I really don't know but that's just my guess.

Till when will William be at the Falkland-islands?

Till when will William be at the Falkland-islands?
he should be home I think in a few days. Baroness of Books I so agree it's very offensive. I find Kate to be a very intelligent woman, I don't doubt her smarts for one second. And your welcome everyone for the links and thanks to everyone else who kept us all updated this morning. I think I'm going to take a bit of a break now that things are going to wind down for a little bit. It's been an insane 6 weeks and went by way quicker then I ever expected!

Before I leave here are pics of Kate shopping after her last solo engagement for some time
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m15jb4BJW51rqxw18o1_400.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m15jb4BJW51rqxw18o2_400.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, ghost night, for these photos and your links to today's engagement and to everyone for theirs as well!

Last edited:
A nice reunion and hiatus for the still newlyweds. Thanks for the update, ghost, now go take a break! :lol:

Last edited:
any information about her next event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom