The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

The report of the little girl who met Kate
Little miracle Mia meets caring Kate - Isle of Man News - iomtoday

Old 02-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would have placed Becca as at least 5 years older than Kate, but she's actually slightly younger. She seems exactly the kind of person Kate should have around her though. I hope it works out for all involved.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it's good to see Kate building up her support group with people she and William trust. As her duties increase, she's going to certainly need those extra set of hands on walkabouts. And is it just me, or is it a deliberate selection that Becca and the PPO are brunettes or just a coincidence?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Majesty

Thank you for the article. This woman seems to know very well what she's doing, and is able to provide support for Catherine.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Catherine seems to attract the attention of little ones anywhere she goes. Very sweet (but not at all surprising) that even a short little chat was able to make Mia feel better.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Some info about the visit with the Queen and DOE
Kate to join Queen on visit to city - National - Wetherby News
Old 02-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Quote:
Mia, who suffers from Hydrocephalus, which means she gets too much water in her brain, has had nine operations, eight on her brain. Her first operation was at just nine days old.
Quote:
Mia who braved the cold in her heart dressing gown, waited with a note for the princess which read: ‘hello Kate, love Mia.’ A delighted Mia, said: ‘We were shouting “Kate, Kate, Kate”. She said she liked my dressing gown.
That's soo cute! She makes this pure little girl a little bit happier!
Who said that monarchy was absolutely useless thing?
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

Wow. Interesting article about Rebecca. She seems to have a lot of responsibility considering she helps not only Catherine but William and Harry as well. I thought the boys had their own personal assistants. So how did this woman get that job? Has she been around the family for a while?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
If anything, I'm more fascinated by the royal oddities throughout history. Just goes to show you that every family has its quirks, even though they're on a grander scale!
Snap . I posted the wrong link. Holy cow....I'm mortified. Here's the link I meant to post. I will delete the one from earlier. Thank you for that, by the way. I think I'm slowly but surely losing my mind .

kate middleton, royal visit, De Montfort University, Leicester on March 8 queen | This is Leicestershire

Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see that several of the students at De Montfort University, who are studying Footwear Design (who knew you could do a degree in footwear design) have designed a shoe for Catherine and she's going to pick the winner on her visit with the Queen. The winning shoe will be made and presented to Kate at a later date. It's a really good idea on the university's part, one of these students will be able to put on their resume that their first commission was the Duchess of Cambridge. Not bad!

I don't know if anyone saw last night's Antiques Roadshow on BBC1. It was set in Dundee I think and a woman brought along a programme from the charity fashion show that Kate took part in while at St Andrews, wearing the famous 'see through' dress. One of the experts valued it at £500 which amazed me. Kate hadn't signed it or anything like that, it just had her name in it. Bonkers.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

That is crazy that an unsigned program would cost that much. It just goes to show you that anything related to Kate seems to have added value. Now if she was the owner of that dress and brought it in to be valued, that's a whole different story!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

It certainly would have been interesting to see the dress, Baroness. Although valuation wise we have a pretty good idea - as you'll remember the see through dress sold at auction last March for a completely baffling £78,000! I suppose it's true what they say - an item's worth what some idiot's willing to pay for it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-sold-78k.html
Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Watch how that price has most likely now escalated, given a future Queen of England has worn it in her "racy" college days and her current popularity. As I'm writing this, I'm also watching the U.S. version of Antiques Roadshow.

And here's a link to some of the sketches in the shoe contest. I'd need a cane to help walk on those stilts; not my cup of tea at all.

Duchess Catherine Style Blog
Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I see that several of the students at De Montfort University, who are studying Footwear Design (who knew you could do a degree in footwear design) have designed a shoe for Catherine and she's going to pick the winner on her visit with the Queen. The winning shoe will be made and presented to Kate at a later date. It's a really good idea on the university's part, one of these students will be able to put on their resume that their first commission was the Duchess of Cambridge. Not bad!
I caught an article earlier that showed some of the designs up for judging and I'll tell you, I'm so glad I'm not in Kate's shoes. (pun intended). There's not one among them I really like or would wear.

Kate Middleton Judging Shoe Design Competition
Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quite like the blue ones with the lace effect.

I'd be unable to wear any of them, I'm afraid flats are my best friends. I just can't seem to wear heels, although I can appreciate them on an aesthetic level.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Majesty

Wowie...those shoes are not quite my cup of tea either. A little too 'out there' in my book. Catherine will have to be diplomatic (I wonder if she'll ever have to actually appear in public in what she chooses, especially if none are really to her taste). I don't think I'd be able to stand in heels that are that high (flats are my best friends too), Kudos to those who are able to wear and walk in them.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

I think Im liking the tartan shoe. I would like to see her wearing these. We have not seen her in tartan yet. Would be nice. :)
Old 02-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

The plaid ones might be a dark horse! They'd be perfect for trips to Scotland!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge pays secret thank-you visit to royal wedding dressmakers - Telegraph
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She likes to do things in "secret" does Catherine.