The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate looks really good in the first photo, but those rollers in the second one remind me of the "beer cans" my poor sister used to sleep in to achieve her perfect coiffure! :ROFLMAO:

Kate looks really good in the first photo, but those rollers in the second one remind me of the "beer cans" my poor sister used to sleep in to achieve her perfect coiffure! :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: That picture reminded me of seeing my mother and paternal aunt sleeping in the same contraptions to have curly hair. It seemed that in the early/mid '80s in USSR having curly hair was in, because everyone wanted it. My paternal aunt wanted her daughter (who was three at the time) to have curly hair too, so she made her sleep in those rollers. Insanity I tell you, and all for the sake of keeping with the latest 'trend'.

On topic thoug,, Catherine looks great, and I like the new hair color.

Last edited:
I figured to achieve Kate's curls she had to wear some huge curlers. I wonder if she will have to hire a hairdresser to come to her instead of her going to them, so as to prevent these kinds of pictures with her under a dryer.

I thought Catherine had naturally curly hair. Some pictures from her teen years show her hair as having some sort of wave/curl to it.

Kate does have curly/wavy hair; I also remember seeing photos of her in earlier years with that look. Odd, but I would have thought the large rollers would have helped more in straightening out her hair, followed up by a good blow drying to give it volume. Just goes to show how much I know; it's been a long time since I've put such contraptions in my hair! :eek:

And if Kate is going to visit her hairdresser, you'd think he put her in a private room away from open windows where cameras can get clear shots of her, or at least have shades/curtains on that window for privacy! :ermm:

Last edited:
And if Kate is going to visit her hairdresser, you'd think he put her in a private room away from open windows where cameras can get clear shots of her, or at least have shades/curtains on that window for privacy! :ermm:

i was thinking the same thing, i bet they will find a private room for her now. Kate must not be followed like Diana was. remember, she would always have a posse following her. surely if kate was followed like that she would have realized she needed to not be sitting in front of big plate glass windows....

on a second note, it is nice to see her with her hair up. makes her more like us. :)

... unless she wouldnt want it any other way :whistling: Its hard to imagine that the hairdresser will put Kate in front of the window against her will.

Baroness of Books said:
Kate does have curly/wavy hair; I also remember seeing photos of her in earlier years with that look. Odd, but I would have thought the large rollers would have helped more in straightening out her hair, followed up by a good blow drying to give it volume. Just goes to show how much I know; it's been a long time since I've put such contraptions in my hair! :eek:

I'm pretty sure larger rollers ARE still used to straighten hair and give volume but can be used for curls as well if kept in longer (someone correct me if you know different, but I get the same done to my hair). Nice to see organic products being used in the salon, Charles should be happy! :)

... unless she wouldnt want it any other way :whistling: Its hard to imagine that the hairdresser will put Kate in front of the window against her will.

Well, if that's the case, I'd certainly want my best photo in the hair salon taken after my hair is all done to perfection, not with my head bristling with gigantic rollers! :lol:

Last edited:
HRH of Sweden said:
Do you think that the Duchess will attend the state opening of parliament ?

I wish she would but I doubt it....I wish Charles and Camilla would go as I don't even recall Charles attending in recent years. Catherine would be really gorgeous at such a formal occasion!

Do you think that the Duchess will attend the state opening of parliament ?

That's an event I have only ever seen HM and Prince Phillip attend. I believe Charles attended with Diana one year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that Kate will attend, but we could all be surprised. Isn't that where Diana nodded off?

:previous: Had she fallen asleep again, this time at the opening of Parliament? I just remember that famous picture where Diana nodded off at a concert dressed in formal evening wear. She was pregnant at that time, I believe.

It was a charming picture of Diana, and it was probably a concert --- not the opening of Parliament.

It was at the Splendor of the Gonzagas Exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Among Diana watchers, the lovely confection she was wearing is sometimes called "the Gonzaga dress.":flowers:

:previous: Had she fallen asleep again, this time at the opening of Parliament? I just remember that famous picture where Diana nodded off at a concert dressed in formal evening wear. She was pregnant at that time, I believe.

Well Camilla hasn't attended yet, I can't see Kate attending the ceremony before Camilla. It would seem slightly odd.

Other than the Queen and Prince Philip I dont think other members of the family have attended since the reforms of the House of Lords began.

It was at the Splendor of the Gonzagas Exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Among Diana watchers, the lovely confection she was wearing is sometimes called "the Gonzaga dress.":flowers:

Thank you - that was such a beautiful gown and the picture of her nodding off just endeared her to me.

Last edited:
I am definitely leaning towards the situation of a) Kate requested to sit there on purpose b) Kate didn't care that there was a window and anyone with a camera can do what they want to do.

there's Diana at the Opening of parliament in 1981 :)! would be nice to see the Duchess in a tiara again :p :D

You probably will see her in one, but not at the opening of parliament until she is Queen.

I am definitely leaning towards the situation of a) Kate requested to sit there on purpose b) Kate didn't care that there was a window and anyone with a camera can do what they want to do.
I think you've nailed it and whichever exact scenario is correct, I cannot but believe that she has made an incredibly bad decision.

Putting herself on display like that is inviting trouble and she will find that when she want's privacy she will not get it as she is inviting the paparrazzi into what is an essentially private aspect of her life. If she is willing to share on that level then there are no lines at all left and so, no lines can be crossed.

If have to admit I am gobsmacked. Even at her most familiar with the media, Diana never invited them into such an intimate aspect of her life. I don't believe I am going to say this but, someone needs to set some standards for Kathrine because she is sowing the wind and is like to reap the whirlwind!

I found this strange...but indeed she must know already that she is going to be caught in the hair saloon near that:whistling: window!

I tend to think Kate just trys to go about her normal business as if not a Royal and thus sits wherever and let's whatever happen.....I still haven't figured out if this is a good strategy or not yet.....on one Hand ok yes she is a non working royal so just a regular person but on the other as another poster said hard to complain about paps when they are being given such a clear shot....

Last edited:
Or maybe she has sat there in the past and it was no big deal and expected the same results. Like Mike Tindall in certain respect, she needs to understand that dating and marrying into the royal family are two totally different things and as a result, she will have more attention focused on the most minute things in her life. Things that she did in the past or know one had an interest in will be looking for a particular picture. I would also think that possibly someone alerted the press that she was there. Who even knew she was in town?

Either way, I don't consider this to be a capital offense. She was photographed with rollers in her hair, its not like she was flossing her teeth or caught kicking a kitten. So there is no need IMO to sound the warning bells about Kate's behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom