The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I tend to agree- although it would also work this way if a PR stunt, the agreement would be a few pics, maybe no groceries in the shot (as that may seen too personal) but honestly I feel this one could go either way....I mean yes she's shopped here before but how come no pics of her doing it before? Don't say no interest bc we know that's not true.....it's hard to say IMO so I'll give benefit of doubt and say no PR stunt :)
i seem to recall that there have been pics of them doing the shopping before they were married.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

it's a no win situation. if she takes care of her appearance before going out for personal reasons then she'll be accused of playing for the cameras/cooperating in a PR stunt. if she doesn't take care of her appearance then the headlines will read that it's all taking a toll on her. poor girl.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess

i seem to recall that there have been pics of them doing the shopping before they were married.
I must have missed those. I just remember grainy video of them from a survelliance camera....

I guess I should have been clearer I guess by PR I at least meant a tit for tat type of deal, like hey photographers we'll be here for you to get a few shots but after that give us some space type of deal....and that deal has been done between William and the media before.....but that being said also it might not be so, it's just an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
it's a no win situation. if she takes care of her appearance before going out for personal reasons then she'll be accused of playing for the cameras/cooperating in a PR stunt.
Well not for me at least bc I try to look nice when going out anywhere so that's not what made me think that way, I would hope she would try to look nice like every regulate person and some plp actually think she looks a bit tired here, so these pics actually fit both scenarios you've discribed :) (I think she looks nice, love her shawl and shoes) ....
Old 05-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really hope we won't have too many pics of visits to the supermarket as it's hardly an "event".
Old 05-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Well not for me at least bc I try to look nice when going out anywhere so that's not what made me think that way, I would hope she would try to look nice like every regulate person and some plp actually think she looks a bit tired here, so these pics actually fit both scenarios you've discribed :) (I think she looks nice, love her shawl and shoes) ....[/QUOTE]

Looking like you look is always nice to me, why do we always have to pretend what we aren´t? It´s always and everywhere the same - since the pictures in the magazines are all - all of them - photoshopped mankind seems to loose the sense for naturalness. Terrible.
I would look a bit tired after a wedding like this ..
Old 05-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Well I'm a truly shallow person ... I NEVER go out without my makeup on (even to the grocery store or post office) and that included when my children were small.

I even used to wear make up when playing tennis. Good thing about that was, I never got sunburned.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Well I'm a truly shallow person ... I NEVER go out without my makeup on (even to the grocery store or post office) and that included when my children were small.

I even used to wear make up when playing tennis. Good thing about that was, I never got sunburned.
Same here. Make up it's always on the face! even if just a lipgloss and concealer.

Anyways, Catherine and William are private people. the first ever public kiss and hand holding happened after 8 YEARS!
If you doubt that just go look for interviews of paps and reporters. it's consensual. William has learn to accept it but he will never like the media. ever!
People are making a big fuss about something so simple. She went out to buy food full stop. No, she' not trying to be the perfect housewife, no she's not trying to make you buy a green poncho.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Same here. Make up it's always on the face! even if just a lipgloss and concealer.

Anyways, Catherine and William are private people. the first ever public kiss and hand holding happened after 8 YEARS!
If you doubt that just go look for interviews of paps and reporters. it's consensual. William has learn to accept it but he will never like the media. ever!
People are making a big fuss about something so simple. She went out to buy food full stop. No, she' not trying to be the perfect housewife, no she's not trying to make you buy a green poncho.
Well, I am thrlled she was seen w/a Green Shawl the other day. I love them, but get a bit of grief over them because they're just so "old fashioned" looking and not something that's "in". Me thinks that's about to change and I couldn't be happier!!

Especially as I knit and crochet and now I'll get to "play" w/some of the wonderful patterns available to me, but really didn't have a reason to make. Sigh...Have to pull out the Crochet magazine cache and see what catches my fancy. :oD
Old 05-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Nobility

She has been through ALOT.wedding or no wedding..She needs rest rest and more rest.

She'll be just fine..
Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by justina
Looking like you look is always nice to me, why do we always have to pretend what we aren´t?
Sometimes I just have to laugh- when I look nice I still look like me and so does Catherine IMO ......no one is pretending .....
Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Courtier

William and Catherine announced before the wedding that they would not have staff when they were in Wales. For any doubters, just who do you think would buy their groceries if Catherine didn't do it. She wasn't raised with help, so I am sure she knows how to do all the tasks of a housewife. I 'll bet that she is still tired from the stress of the wedding. May hey have a long and happy life.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Serene Highness

Really interesting

Royal Family: Kate¿s grandad, the doodlebug nudger: Newlywed royal pays tribute to pilot who knocked V1 missiles off course with his plane's wing | Mail Online
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This is during their trip to Canada correct?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
This is during their trip to Canada correct?
Yes, correct.
It will be nice to see and engagement with something related to Catherine's side of the family as well.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, it sounds like it.

Kate's Grandfather was a very brave man. Especially as the Mozzy, unlike the other fighters of WWII, was completely made of wood. W/the exception of the engine and other hardware, but the body was completely wooden.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Gentry

Kate looked fabulous in those photos.....I feel sorry for her that she can't even grocery shop without being photographed and scrutinized.
I would also add that I hope someone publishes a knitting pattern for the shawl she was wearing. It's lovely!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Anyways, Catherine and William are private people. the first ever public kiss and hand holding happened after 8 YEARS! .

I thought the first public kiss happened in 2004 on a sking trip??? Maybe Im wrong. I hope they dont show pictures every times she goes to get food...
Old 05-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
...no she's not trying to make you buy a green poncho.
The only way I would wear something like that green shawl was if I didn't, I would go to the Tower.

Not pretty...

I just had another look at those photos to see if I'd changed my mind about the shawl/poncho. Nope.

I hope she publishes a cookbook of the Anglesey recipes while DofCa is off in Grenada.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Commoner

Stalkers are going to get annoying real fast. Poor woman! She looks fine to me.

My impression [over the years] has been that this couple lives a far more ordinary and public life than the Queen ever did. They are photographed shopping in clothing stores, coming out of night clubs. I believe the Prince and his friends stopped in a curry restaurant casually (near this base?) once and caused a stir. Who doesn't want to eat out once in a while?

Another shopping report I read [on Anglesey I believe?] was once when they were picking up some lettuce and frozen pizza and the cashier realized who it was when they used her credit card. Maybe that was the fuzzy video?

This sounds like I'm a stalker, but I read most of it *here*, and only drop by now and then when big events happen. Regards housework, I recall a photo of Kate taking out the trash snapped by reporters outside her apartment in London years ago. Sorry, but I don't believe any of this is publicity, it's just them trying to live their lives.

But then I always felt bad for the Count and Countess of Wessex when they had to quit their jobs.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Doing grocery shopping is a luxury for someone in her position. I think Kate and William will enjoy every bit of "normal life" they have while they still can. When they have kids, Kate will probably make sure the kids will be able to go on "fun and exciting trips" to the supermarket. It will be a treat for them to be able to do "normal" things once in a while.

Closed Thread