The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

More supposed details about the guests and organization of Duchess of Cambridge's 30th birthday:
Princess Kate Celebrates Her 30th

Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic with Catherine's Current Events.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cambridge is to celebrate her 30th birthday with a 'low-key and private' event.

Read more: Kate Middleton 30th birthday: 'Low-key, private' family event for Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
More supposed details about the guests and organization of Duchess of Cambridge's 30th birthday:
Princess Kate Celebrates Her 30th
Thanks for posting this article. What piques my interest is the mention of the Queen giving Kate a tiara. Now we know we can't take any stories like this to the bank, but if it were true, I am wondering which tiara this could be. Hmmm.....perhaps the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Thanks for posting this article. What piques my interest is the mention of the Queen giving Kate a tiara. Now we know we can't take any stories like this to the bank, but if it were true, I am wondering which tiara this could be. Hmmm.....perhaps the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara?
Cambridge Lovers' Knot won't do. Too heavy (and yes, I'm being facetious ). It is a gorgeous piece though and I would love to see it on Catherine one day. On a serious note, like you I can't picture Her Majesty giving Catherine a tiara as a gift. Too early in the game, in my opinion (just like giving her the Family Order). Maybe in five years' or ten years' time, close to let's say the tenth wedding anniversary.

And here's another snippet about a (hopefully) low key and private birthday for Catherine.

The Press Association: 'Low-key' 30th birthday for Kate

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts about Diana and Catherine comparisons (which have nothing to do with Catherine's Current Events) have been moved to www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/the-duchess-of-cambridge-will-she-become-more-popular-than-diana-8818-51.html

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

I think its a good thing that her birthday be a quiet one. she has had quite a year and a busy schedule coming up with the charities. I think she needs some time to just relax for a minute. But on the other hand, maybe she would like a party where she can let her hair down and be herself. All I know is she can do what she wants. Happy birthday to the Duchess and many more to come.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton gets a 30th birthday present from Kim Kardashian | heatworld.com
Old 01-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Nobility

Oups ... Arthur Edwards (from the Sun) revealed/anounced Kate is going to do a visit with ... the Queen in February. The information is anounced too by a reporter from the Express.

That's an exicting news !!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Duncan Larcombe just said the same thing.

"THE Queen and Kate Middleton will team up next month for a series of joint royal engagements, The Sun can reveal.

The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to spend at least a day with Her Majesty, which will coincide with Prince William's six-week RAF tour in the Falklands.
It is understood the engagements do not relate to this year's Jubilee celebrations."
Old 01-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

That's exciting news; I can't wait to see these two work together.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Another article about the low-key birthday, this time from 'The Telegraph'.

Duchess of Cambridge opts for low-key 30th birthday celebration - Telegraph

Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

That's most likely a closer version to how Kate will celebrate her birthday.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That's most likely a closer version to how Kate will celebrate her birthday.
Indeed. I don't see her or her husband as fans of big bashes. Not to mention that they have a great deal of those that they will be forced to attend during their careers as full time royals.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't that spey-shal? Miss Kim also loves the Late La Liz Taylor's style as well. Seems to me she's trying to add another 15 minutes of fame to her already run out meter.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually, I like the quilted shoe but seems that she's short the change for the meter.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Isn't that spey-shal? Miss Kim also loves the Late La Liz Taylor's style as well. Seems to me she's trying to add another 15 minutes of fame to her already run out meter.
No kidding! Im so over her and her family.Anything to get noticed and maybe make more money, like they really need it!!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Serene Highness

O.k I guess the shoes look good but they remind me of something you would see from Chanel. Do you really think that Catherine would wear anything like that? Then again, she might surprise us.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not sure where to put articles on Kate's 30th birthday. If this is better placed somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

An article from the Daily Beast, highlighting the differences with Diana:

"The future queen will undoubtedly celebrate her big birthday with quiet elegance, as she has done at every other major event to date. Diana 2.0 she is not."

Princess Catherine (née Kate Middleton) Turns 30 With Grace - The Daily Beast

TIME magazine looks at 30 milestones from Kate's life:

http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...103938,00.html
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
O.k I guess the shoes look good but they remind me of something you would see from Chanel. Do you really think that Catherine would wear anything like that? Then again, she might surprise us.
Chanel-like for sure. My Mom had a pair of Chanel quilted shoes in the 1980s. I quite like them, or at least the concept. I can actually see Kate wearing these shoes.

Closed Thread