The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

Very interesting video. I liked it and thought it quite informative. I would send a monthly donation to keep them going. It's true. Being a republic would suck.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Commoner

Well, so far in this thread the Yanks have pledged approximately $5.00 US for the BRF. We just need to know where to mail it. LOL

Seriously, it would be nice to believe that people and/or journalists would leave celebrities and royals alone while they are doing obviously 'private life' things, shopping, hair, etc. but it just isn't going to happen without legal intervention.

I believe that Catherine is a well-grounded young woman who has a well grounded husband to help her get through all the media attention. I believe also that the BRF 'establishment' has learned valuable lessons in the past and that they are more able to provide her with support in dealing with the challenges in her new life.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
What bothered me about those pictures was the fact that they appeared to be taken INSIDE the store and ABOVE, as though from an office which looked out on the floor below. IMO it is bad enough that the paps would be bothersome but to have an employee of TESCO, which IMO it appeared to be, taking pictures and probably selling them to the tabloids is over the top. That is my issue. It's just very bad "customer service" if nothing else, and I hope it has been pursued and the employee dealt with. If she went into Harrods and a clerk stood and snapped a picture of her and her purchases it would be the same thing. At the end of the day it's about good business practices ... and this is/was not. People may argue my interpretation, however it is quite clear to me that the pictures were taken inside the store, from ABOVE through a glass window. IOW, an office of TESCO, and IMO that is just wrong.
It bothers me too that the pictures were from inside the store. Kate has a right to whatever little privacy she currently gets and she probably enjoys the shopping whether it is for clothes or groceries. She won't be able to do it when William is King and she is Queen. I don't think she would be able to do it when William becomes the Prince Of Wales but I could be wrong there. I think whomever took those pics inside the store crossed a line.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
william does have a job so there's no fallacy about private income there. he also has his inheritance from his mother so no fallacy there either. to think that their groceries are paid for by the taxpayer is bit of a stretch.
He doesn't make much. The range for a Flight Lieutenant is BPS37,170-44,205.*

If they're paying a fair rent in Wales, buying their own food, running their own cars, etc. there wouldn't be any Jenny Packham money left over.

*Source: RAF website
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Courtier

There is a budget for clothing for official engagements. I believe the figure of $65,000.00 was printed when they made the trip to Canada. She doesn't where expensive clothes in her private life.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
He doesn't make much. The range for a Flight Lieutenant is BPS37,170-44,205.*

If they're paying a fair rent in Wales, buying their own food, running their own cars, etc. there wouldn't be any Jenny Packham money left over.

*Source: RAF website
Well he does have rather sizable private resources.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Majesty

I believe that's what the Duchess of Cambridge's would-have-been mother-in-law did when she went to the gym, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady74 View Post
She could always do what Russell Crowe did when press sat outside his house everyday. He wore the same clothes everyday and as every photo looked the same they eventually gave up Ha ha
Old 11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts relating to the relationship between Catherine and Camilla have been moved to Relationship of the Royal Family with The Duchess of Cornwall .

Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I believe that's what the Duchess of Cambridge's would-have-been mother-in-law did when she went to the gym, as well.
As did Jackie O too. Always in black.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well he does have rather sizable private resources.
Granny can always slip him a few pounds. :)
Old 12-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Unconfirmed, but still something to look out for next summer. If it happens, it'll be a good cause, though comparisons have got to stop.

Kate Middleton plans trip in Diana's footsteps to African famine victims - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Unconfirmed, but still something to look out for next summer. If it happens, it'll be a good cause, though comparisons have got to stop.

Kate Middleton plans trip in Diana's footsteps to African famine victims - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk
I agree. The comparisions do need to stop. Kate is Kate and Diana was Diana.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Nobility

Amen..
Agreed
Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Madonna on Kate Middleton's Style – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
Old 12-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO, Madge could take some pointers from the Duchess.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Nobility

Who is Madge?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Nobility

Madonna is nicknamed "Madge." I've heard it's short for "Your Majesty!"
Old 12-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Nobility

Got it thank you!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Can I put this here?
Duchess Kate to stay with Charles and Camilla - National Royal News | Examiner.com
Old 12-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Majesty

I think it's a wonderful idea to have Catherine stay with Charles and Camila while William is away. She can get more experiences with various royal duties, and be surrounded by those who have her best interest at heart.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread