The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Having seen different interviews with the Queen's children regarding what it's like to perform the sort of duties where it's often boring and monotonous, they seem to rather enjoy when something goes slightly wrong as it lightens the atmosphere. I have no doubt that this was the case for Will and Kate on this particular occasion.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
has kate changed her protection officer? she looks different to the lady who was with her at the wedding...
otherwise she looks great, happy and relaxed (not so easy to do when anyone can recognise you!). i wouldn't have wore the engagement ring. it's obviously a major hint for anyone to recognise her.
it's fantastic she's down to earth and still shops at zara just as she used to do.
I have no proof, but I doubt that that woman is her protection officer. First of all, she does not look very fit and she is encumbered by the large cross body bag. Her hands are in pockets and she is looking down in one photo instead of scanning the area. Secondly, I think she resembles Carole Middleton in her facial features. Thirdly, she is dressed way too casually. These are just my observations.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I have no proof, but I doubt that that woman is her protection officer. First of all, she does not look very fit and she is encumbered by the large cross body bag. Her hands are in pockets and she is looking down in one photo instead of scanning the area. Secondly, I think she resembles Carole Middleton in her facial features. Thirdly, she is dressed way too casually. These are just my observations.
Protection officers are supposed to fit in :)- so if they were out for a casual day around the city, she'd most likely wear something like that. And we know for a fact that two of Kate's protection officers are female. I can't find any images of Inspector Karen Llewellyn, Kate's 45 year old female protection officer who used to run Beatrice and Eugenie's security team, but I'd guess that's her.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Protection officers are supposed to fit in :)- so if they were out for a casual day around the city, she'd most likely wear something like that. And we know for a fact that two of Kate's protection officers are female. I can't find any images of Inspector Karen Llewellyn, Kate's 45 year old female protection officer who used to run Beatrice and Eugenie's security team, but I'd guess that's her.
I've seen picture of Karen and that woman in the picture with Catherine doesn't look like her. I think Karen is closer to Catherine's height and has darker hair.

Either that woman was a friend of Catherine with protection officer(s) just outside the picture, or she's a different officer taking turn.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
I've seen picture of Karen and that woman in the picture with Catherine doesn't look like her. I think Karen is closer to Catherine's height and has darker hair.

Either that woman was a friend of Catherine with protection officer(s) just outside the picture, or she's a different officer taking turn.
I thought that was Emma, Kate's other female protection officer? I haven't seen any pictures of Karen.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
The Duchess out shopping today in London.

Kate Middleton Shopping at Zara Pictures
Whoever the woman is - I like her style! Love her scarf - and just all round I find my eye drawn to her soft colors - so pretty - rather than the black of Kate. (Truth: I am not a fan of black, except in very small doses).

Interesting details in the side bar: The duchess is prepping for her first Christmas as a full-fledged member of the royal family and is expected to visit with the queen and Prince Philip at their Balmoral estate. Kate Middleton has taken shooting lessons as well in preparation for the traditional Boxing Day pheasant shoot there on Dec. 26 and has had personal help from Prince Charles’s hunt attendant.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Interesting details in the side bar: The duchess is prepping for her first Christmas as a full-fledged member of the royal family and is expected to visit with the queen and Prince Philip at their Balmoral estate. Kate Middleton has taken shooting lessons as well in preparation for the traditional Boxing Day pheasant shoot there on Dec. 26 and has had personal help from Prince Charles’s hunt attendant.
Well Christmas is spent at Sandringham, not Balmoral. The shoot also takes place there on Boxing Day. Someone needs to get their facts right.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess made a surprise visit today to a primary school
Duchess of Cambridge visits primary school pupils in a jumper and jeans | Mail Online
Old 11-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
The Duchess made a surprise visit today to a primary school
Duchess of Cambridge visits primary school pupils in a jumper and jeans | Mail Online
Well then, one needs to dress for ones's "audience" doesn't one? They're a tough audience and they don't pull their punches!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Majesty

Yes, indeed. I do think, however, that Catherine was a little underdressed for the occasion. It was a working visit, though a private meeting. She needn't have worn a dress or even a skirt, but a nice pair of dress-pants would have been dressier than jeans. Or she could have dressed up the jeans with a smart jacket.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor Catherine can't seem to catch a break haha even the little ones are against her. She dresses up they want her to go casual. She goes casual they want her to dress up.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Yes, indeed. I do think, however, that Catherine was a little underdressed for the occasion. It was a working visit, though a private meeting. She needn't have worn a dress or even a skirt, but a nice pair of dress-pants would have been dressier than jeans. Or she could have dressed up the jeans with a smart jacket.
Was it a working visit? I got the impression it was a fact finding visit. Maybe she wasn't expecting them to turn out in force to see her off.

Anyway, she probably should just assume that it's a possibility and dress a wee bit less casual. Maybe she thought the kids wouldn't care. I certainly don't. I wonder if she participated in an activity that was messy?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Majesty

Don't get me wrong. I like Kate quite a bit and like her style. If it was a fact-finding visit, it was connected to her royal position and therefore not off-duty time. She's done a lot of these visits apparently, but she rarely gets "caught".
Old 11-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Majesty

I've seen this blonde lady with Kate before when she's been shopping, and she's been identified as a protection officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I thought that was Emma, Kate's other female protection officer? I haven't seen any pictures of Karen.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Commoner

I would say her outfit was on par with what most young women of her generation would wear for an informal visit to a primary school. Now, I know she is not 'most young women', but if the BRF wants to 'downscale' to less formality to show that they are aware of today's economic situation, I'd say she hit the mark. Sometimes less is more.

Of course, for formal occasions I want to see gowns, tiaras, & jewels!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Nobility

I wouldn't have worn jeans for a private working visit. But then again, I had a disagreement with my boss when she demanded that the entire staff wear "really good denim" for casual Fridays.

Of greater importance was that the school seemed to publicize a private fact-finding visit by the Duchess. While school officials didn't speak (much) to the media, they did sent out text messages to parents who took mobile phone pics and sent them to the media. I wonder if that would factor into Kate's decision of whether she should become the charity's patroness.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's nice she stopped by like that- I'm looking forward to the official announcements about the charities she'll be supporting
Old 11-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Majesty

It could. There was no need for the school to publicize the visit. If enough children went home with the story that Kate was at the school, the parents would have believed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
I wonder if that would factor into Kate's decision of whether she should become the charity's patroness.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

To me, even if the visit was "under the radar," Kate probably should have dressed more appropriately. A nice pants suit or jacket and slacks would have fit the bill quite well.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Royal Highness

We do not know what Catherine actually did at that "Art Room". Did she only talk to the people or did she work actively with the children? In that case her jeans and jumper are really quite suiting. OTOH it is sad that these young children who waited for her in the car park obviously have no idea what being a princess (or wife of a prince) in reality means.Catherine does alot of official engagements where she is dressed beautifully and lives up to her public image. But those children should be taught about the social role a modern Royal has. That they are not clothes horses but there to help hands-on if need be. In jeans and jumper.

Noone in his right mind thinks that artists who work with their hands wear suits and dresses in their workroom. What a strange idea! Typical Mail article.

Closed Thread