The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything else anyone has about Catherines birthday? How about when she will begin her charity work?

Thank you Daria for the video. Seems it was a quiet birthday afterall. Im kinda glad it was.

You're welcome. I'm also glad that she had a low-key birthday. She had a year full of big events.

That's a beautiful purple sweater and I hope we get to see it on Kate. That would go well with her coloring.

:previous: I love the shade of purple, as well as the style of the sweater, but that loud border around the collar ruins it for me. However, I would love to see this on Catherine.

Flashback to the ornate sweaters of the '80s, I believe! Well, the retro look seems to be in.

That's the latest catchphrase nowadays; whenever you need a pick-me-up or something to cheer you, shopping is the best medicine!

Why must they call it "retail therapy"? Makes the Duchess sound like some superficial celebrity who has to shop to cope with life.:ermm:

I agree. That phrase makes me think of those teenage girls that have wealthy parent, who go shopping because they had a bad hair day. I don't see Catherine shopping in order to de-stress.

That's the latest catchphrase nowadays; whenever you need a pick-me-up or something to cheer you, shopping is the best medicine!

Whoever considers shopping a good way to unwind is a bit nuts. Clothing/shoe shopping is torture.

Let me tell you; after a rough day at work or when you're stressed or just need something to cheer yourself up, just browsing the stores can be pleasurable. You don't even have to buy anything; just mindless window shopping will suffice. Of course, I wouldn't advise doing this during the holidays because that brings stress in and of itself!

Let me tell you; after a rough day at work or when you're stressed or just need something to cheer yourself up, just browsing the stores can be pleasurable. You don't even have to buy anything; just mindless window shopping will suffice. Of course, I wouldn't advise doing this during the holidays because that brings stress in and of itself!

Window-sopping is definitely a good choice. Thoigh most of my browsing takes place in Barnes & Noble on the Upper West Side. Will be going there when my first week of work is done.

Why must they call it "retail therapy"? Makes the Duchess sound like some superficial celebrity who has to shop to cope with life.:ermm:

That's the same thing I thought. She went shopping, not some darn retail therapy.

That's the same thing I thought. She went shopping, not some darn retail therapy.

Good grief! I can see headlines now: Retail Therapy! Kate has issues with tissues

I hope its not true that Kate went shopping and bought this ugly sweater for so much money. Isnt she supposed to be a housewife in Wales?

I hope its not true that Kate went shopping and bought this ugly sweater for so much money. Isnt she supposed to be a housewife in Wales?

Don't see why Catherine can't shop just because she's 'supposed' to be a housewife.

... I'm trying to connect what the one has to do with the other and I'm drawing a complete blank.

She can't buy clothes now? Why?

The most we see of Kate is shopping in London (if these articles are to be believed) and not leading a private life in Wales (as always indicated they would do), let alone working.

The most we see of Kate is shopping in London (if these articles are to be believed) and not leading a private life in Wales (as always indicated they would do), let alone working.

She doesn't work in Wales. Her work with charities is in London, that's where her office is. When she is in Wales, she is just the wife of a serving officer who can afford to "keep" her as a housewife.

It has been claimed that Catherine will take over some Royal duties from the Duke of Edinburgh in the Jubilee Year - so there might be a reason for her to be in London: to be informed about what is requested from her.

Oh, and she goes shopping. That I do believe. Probably on her way from Buckingham Palace back to Kensington Palace. What I don't necessarily believe is that she bought this ugly top till I actually see her wearing it. For me it is bad enough that so many women immediately try to buy the same clothes that Catherine possesses but that we are now already informed (without proof!) what she supposedly bought is a bit much and borders on product placement by the media.

If they continue to report such things, Catherine will have to stop doing her shopping herself and will need professional shoppers who oreselect things- this would remove her a bit more from the refreshing "as much normality as possible"-lifestyle that I personally like very much. So let her shop but stop to report about it!

Duchess of Cambridge to be Honorary Colonel of PWRR

this is true????

I hope not. it's connected with Pss of wales title and should stay in this form IMO.

I hope not. it's connected with Pss of wales title and should stay in this form IMO.

Well the current colonel in chief is Queen Margrethe of Denmark. I agree that Catherine should not be the honorary colonel as she is not The Princess of Wales, so it should go to Camilla then Catherine.

I didn't know about Margrethe, thanks Lumutqueen. I'm learning during my whole life.

Richard Palmer said on Twitter that Clarence House had advised him there was no truth in the story of Kate taking on the PWRR role.

Personally I think it would be very fitting for Kate to attend this function for several reasons if it fits into her schedule of upcoming events.

To be there and participate in something that remembers and honors the late Diana, Princess of Wales would be very touching.

You summed it up well. I hope she attends. It is a good cause.

No Wills in Mustique? Puppy Sitting ? You would think that they would want to spend as much time together before he goes to the Falklands. I like how the article above kept harping on the bodyguards that are paid by the taxpayers. The taxpayers are paying for the bodyguards whether Kate is in Mustique or in Wales.

Where are the photos- if there is a pack of photographers following Pippa and every cellphone has a camera. The Middletons & Kate in Heathrow should get some snaps.

With the saber rattling from the Argentines, I wonder if Wills will go convertly to the Falklands like Harry did in Afghanstan. No annoucement, just go.

:previous: William has work and most likely wasn't able to get the time off, but that's just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom