The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Will and Kate have proven that they do things their own way, and probably will continue to do so.
Exactly! That's probably why I really like them--they seem to know how to mix traditions with doing things their own way.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
what is milk pudding? is that reg.pudding since its made with milk
maybe she dosnet like peanutbutter or maybe
That was my guess. I figured that Catherine just did not like peanut butter/peanuts. Just because she is a royal now does not mean she is forced to eat things she dislikes (if that is the case).

The media needs to give the girl a break. Geeze.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Majesty

Catherine is a huge source of inspiration to people in all walks of life. Yet another instance of monarchy serving to unite rather than divide.

Afghans blitz Taliban..in Princess Kate Op | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I'm certainly glad the duly named "Princess Kate" op inspired the Afghans to victory. I'd hate to think how much the tabloids would have had a field day blaming the Duchess if they lost!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, I'm certainly glad the duly named "Princess Kate" op inspired the Afghans to victory. I'd hate to think how much the tabloids would have had a field day blaming the Duchess if they lost!
They'd have a field day all right. I can picture the headlines already.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

stv.com (a Scottish website) is reporting that Mike, Carole & Pippa were up at Balmoral with Will & Kate - telling the family about the new baby perhaps?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Please note that that any additional posts regarding a possible pregnancy will be deleted as speculative.

If and when it happens, it will be announced by either Buckingham Palace and/or Clarence House and an appropriate thread will be opened.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 11-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Majesty

wow, kate looked delightful at the national arboretum charity event. the dress reminded me on the alexander mcqueen one she used in US, which i loved.

i was also excited to see that kate and charles went to the opera together. they clearly must have a close relationship, just like maxima and beatrix. it's nice to see daughters in law who get along well with their royal in laws!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i was also excited to see that kate and charles went to the opera together. they clearly must have a close relationship, just like maxima and beatrix. it's nice to see daughters in law who get along well with their royal in laws!
It's really nice to see them share a warm relationship. Charles is certainly a good mentor for Kate and just the right person to give her advice and cultivate her tastes. Perhaps he and Kate will have more nights at the opera and maybe more cultural pursuits in Will's absence during his deployment.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 AM
Majesty

kate has been taking shooting classes, it seems, as a preparation to her christmas with the royals.

there's a picture in this article: Kate gets in some target practice in preparation for Sandringham's boxing day pheasant shoot | Mail Online
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

That's an activity I'd gladly pass up on.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Same, I really wish Diana had left more of a mark on William and Harry in terms of shooting and killing living creatures. She, from what I remember, absolutely detested the Windsor pastime of killing things.

It's a bit hypocritical when the royals are patrons of the RSPCA, etc.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Same, I really wish Diana had left more of a mark on William and Harry in terms of shooting and killing living creatures. She, from what I remember, absolutely detested the Windsor pastime of killing things.

It's a bit hypocritical when the royals are patrons of the RSPCA, etc.
It is a lot more humane to be killed by a clear shot out in the wild then killed in a slaughterhouse. Any comment is hypocritical unless one is eating a total plant based diet and do not use leather, wool or silk.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
It is a lot more humane to be killed by a clear shot out in the wild then killed in a slaughterhouse. Any comment is hypocritical unless one is eating a total plant based diet and do not use leather, wool or silk.
Good, then I wasn't being hypocritical then.
I absolutely agree that a clear shot is more humane, but how many royals as amateur hunters kill with one shot?
Old 11-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I absolutely agree that a clear shot is more humane, but how many royals as amateur hunters kill with one shot?
I imagine that the more amateur shooters aren't going to be taking difficult shots. And if they do, there is a Gillie who will be there to make sure the animal doesn't suffer. The Royal family may shoot as a sport, however what they shoot is also consumed.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Animals are usually shot while standing still and with one bullet. Any reasonable "amateur" with the hunting experience of the royals should only need one shot. Birds are shot while in flight and uses different ammunition which makes it equally easy for an hunter to be successful.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm with you. I won't go anywhere near a gun, because my lack of vision will most likely lead to shooting something that wasn't meant to be shot during a hunt.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

These kind of news makes me quite disappointed...

Old 11-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphoenyx View Post
These kind of news makes me quite disappointed...
Out of interest, why?
Old 11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy

It makes me rather sad too. She seems to be molding herself be what the royal family want. Who is she really ? What does she want to do? I'd really like to see her showing some spunk.

Closed Thread