The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Daria. She didnt just sit back or whine that she needed to relax. She jumped right in there and began working. Of course she was probably told that she needed to be with William on the tour since they were now married. It was part of her job and people would expect her to be with him. Just my opinion.

You are right Daria. She didnt just sit back or whine that she needed to relax. She jumped right in there and began working. Of course she was probably told that she needed to be with William on the tour since they were now married. It was part of her job and people would expect her to be with him. Just my opinion.

I may be wrong here, so feel free to correct me, but I believe the trip to Canada (and later on US) was planned before the engagement. I think Catherine was issued an invitation from Canadian government at a later date to join William on the tour. I'm not sure if anyone really had to tell her she had to go. I have a feeling that she went, because it's the job of a wife to support her husband. But I do agree, that she did it without complaint (not that we would have been given the information about the said complaint even if it took place).

Yes Daria, you are right. I forgot about that. All in all I think she has done a great job and cant wait to see her in action coming up.

I'm glad the charities she will patronize we're announced- especially the therapeutic art for children.

Let's get back on topic with Catherine's Current Events.

Last edited:
More supposed details about the guests and organization of Duchess of Cambridge's 30th birthday:
Princess Kate Celebrates Her 30th

Thanks for posting this article. What piques my interest is the mention of the Queen giving Kate a tiara. Now we know we can't take any stories like this to the bank, but if it were true, I am wondering which tiara this could be. Hmmm.....perhaps the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara?

Thanks for posting this article. What piques my interest is the mention of the Queen giving Kate a tiara. Now we know we can't take any stories like this to the bank, but if it were true, I am wondering which tiara this could be. Hmmm.....perhaps the Cambridge Lovers' Knot tiara?

Cambridge Lovers' Knot won't do. Too heavy (and yes, I'm being facetious :D). It is a gorgeous piece though and I would love to see it on Catherine one day. On a serious note, like you I can't picture Her Majesty giving Catherine a tiara as a gift. Too early in the game, in my opinion (just like giving her the Family Order). Maybe in five years' or ten years' time, close to let's say the tenth wedding anniversary.

And here's another snippet about a (hopefully) low key and private birthday for Catherine.

The Press Association: 'Low-key' 30th birthday for Kate

I think its a good thing that her birthday be a quiet one. she has had quite a year and a busy schedule coming up with the charities. I think she needs some time to just relax for a minute. But on the other hand, maybe she would like a party where she can let her hair down and be herself. All I know is she can do what she wants. Happy birthday to the Duchess and many more to come.

Oups ... Arthur Edwards (from the Sun) revealed/anounced Kate is going to do a visit with ... the Queen in February. The information is anounced too by a reporter from the Express.

That's an exicting news !!!

Duncan Larcombe just said the same thing.​

"THE Queen and Kate Middleton will team up next month for a series of joint royal engagements, The Sun can reveal.​

The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to spend at least a day with Her Majesty, which will coincide with Prince William's six-week RAF tour in the Falklands.
It is understood the engagements do not relate to this year's Jubilee celebrations."​

That's exciting news; I can't wait to see these two work together.

That's most likely a closer version to how Kate will celebrate her birthday.

That's most likely a closer version to how Kate will celebrate her birthday.

Indeed. I don't see her or her husband as fans of big bashes. Not to mention that they have a great deal of those that they will be forced to attend during their careers as full time royals.

Actually, I like the quilted shoe but seems that she's short the change for the meter.

Last edited:
Isn't that spey-shal? Miss Kim also loves the Late La Liz Taylor's style as well. Seems to me she's trying to add another 15 minutes of fame to her already run out meter.

No kidding! Im so over her and her family.Anything to get noticed and maybe make more money, like they really need it!!:sick:

O.k I guess the shoes look good but they remind me of something you would see from Chanel. Do you really think that Catherine would wear anything like that? Then again, she might surprise us.

Not sure where to put articles on Kate's 30th birthday. If this is better placed somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

An article from the Daily Beast, highlighting the differences with Diana:

"The future queen will undoubtedly celebrate her big birthday with quiet elegance, as she has done at every other major event to date. Diana 2.0 she is not."

Princess Catherine (née Kate Middleton) Turns 30 With Grace - The Daily Beast

TIME magazine looks at 30 milestones from Kate's life:

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2103938,00.html

Last edited:
O.k I guess the shoes look good but they remind me of something you would see from Chanel. Do you really think that Catherine would wear anything like that? Then again, she might surprise us.

Chanel-like for sure. My Mom had a pair of Chanel quilted shoes in the 1980s. I quite like them, or at least the concept. I can actually see Kate wearing these shoes.

Really Kitty? I dont know. She seems to favor a more classic pump that is simple and elegant. I would think she has the opportunity to wear Chanel but so far we havent seen her in any. Well as I said, she might surprise us.

:previous:Perhaps not for daywear, but I can see them fashioned of satin to add texture or create interest when worn with a sleek/svelte gown.

Yes Kitty, I guess I can see that. So next question. Its probably close to midnight in the U.K. from where I am. Have there been any pictures or has anyone heard anything about Catherines party?

Was it the low-key affair, as reported, or the bigger party planned by Pippa?

Here's a video that hints at what the birthday may have been like (though we all heard it before). Of course the correspondent had to go and say that the 'low key celebrations' smelled of good PR for the Royals. Now, I won't say that they don't use the press for their advantage, but I doubt that a birthday celebration is used in such a manner. William and Catherine do things their own way as much as possible, so if she wanted a quiet day spent with family and close friends, that's what she got.

Kate's low-key birthday celebrations - Sunrise - Yahoo!7 TV

Thank you Daria for the video. Seems it was a quiet birthday afterall. Im kinda glad it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom