The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

what is milk pudding? is that reg.pudding since its made with milk
maybe she dosnet like peanutbutter or maybe

Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Now, my question is what exactly is a 'knowing look' and how would press know the 'looks' those two exchange with each other and the significance of each that passes between them? .
It's knocking on the bush, you know....

Old 11-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

OK, now body language experts are weighing in. I just heard on the radio that because Kate interlocked her fingers over her abdomen, it's a significant gesture that she's expecting. Make of it what you will, fellow forumers.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Two tweets from the one of the correspondents in attendance. I found both observations interesting at the time and wondered myself if she could be pregnant. Of course this is all speculation, but exciting to ponder.

RoyalReporterRichard Palmer

Would so liked to have heard what Kate whispered in Crown Prince Frederik's ear when she was the only royal to decline some peanut paste.

3 NovFavoriteRetweetReply

RoyalReporterRichard Palmer

It might just be me but I think Kate looks a bit tired and drawn today.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Aristocracy

If she is trying for a baby she wouldn't be eating it either , so maybe that's all it is. As for the hands on the tummy I don't think it means anything. But I hope all these things do mean something😉
Old 11-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Or how about the obvious?

She didn't want to be seen and photographed by the World Press licking Peanut Butter off her finger as her husband just did?

Still can't believe UNICEF set up an event like that, but didn't have anything like a spoon or some of the PB on a cracker for *both* Royal Couples to try. Good on William being a good sport about it and trying it, but still!!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Majesty

Tiggersk8, I like your reasoning.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Or how about the obvious? She didn't want to be seen and photographed by the World Press licking Peanut Butter off her finger as her husband just did?
Yes, but didn't CP Mary taste it? It doesn't make sense to me that think fear of having picture of her licking powdered peanut butter off her finger was the reason all 3 other Royals did. She could have just dipped the tip of her finger in the package and taken a tiny dainty taste without sticking her hole finger in her mouth. We know she isn't adverse to having a glass of alcohol at functions and has been photographed with a drink in her hand quite a few times, however she declined to drink alcohol at the reception at Clarence House. I don't see any bump, but the design of dress she wore to the reception was an empire design which would hide any slight thickening of her waist. The coat would also hide anything, however I noticed that she wore the belt high up on her waist rather than resting in the curve. It could all mean nothing, or it could mean something. It's all speculation until it is confirmed or denied.

Just want to revise my observation about the belt. Other pics show it in a more normal position, so it could have just been the photo I was looking at that appeared to be above her waistline.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Texankitcat, I had thought the same thing - that if the other three royals were game enough to try out the product regardless of the cameras, why not Kate? She had just made it very obvious that she was the only one reluctant to even try the tiniest bit without losing her decorum, so it is puzzling. And I did see online reports that she shunned champagne at the charity dinner at CH and drank what was possibly water. Oh, well, it's fun to conjecture, but until BP or CH steps up and announces the happy event, speculation is all we can do.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Nobility

I am eagerly awaiting little Cambridges just as much as anyone else. Still, it seems like a shame that William and Catherine made this visit to bring awareness to the plight of East Africa but all the focus is the what-ifs of her waistline.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Or how about the obvious?

She didn't want to be seen and photographed by the World Press licking Peanut Butter off her finger as her husband just did?

Still can't believe UNICEF set up an event like that, but didn't have anything like a spoon or some of the PB on a cracker for *both* Royal Couples to try. Good on William being a good sport about it and trying it, but still!!
Completely agree with above and have to quote Baroness of Books as I thought the same as she did "it just looked like she was watching him as he sampled it".

Poor Catherine, they just can't seem to leave her alone even when she just doesn't want to try peanut paste!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Had Catherine not already declined the opportunity to eat the peanut butter before it was offered to the Danish couple? So she couldn't very well decide to taste it after the fact.

I believe in the theory that the most obvious explanation is usually the right one. To my mind it's just as likely that perhaps she really doesn't like peanut butter? It's certainly not my favourite thing to eat.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 AM

HRH doesn't have a peanut allergy and wouldn't eat peanuts. She must be pregnant. Or maybe she just doesn't like peanuts....
Old 11-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Had Catherine not already declined the opportunity to eat the peanut butter before it was offered to the Danish couple? So she couldn't very well decide to taste it after the fact.

I believe in the theory that the most obvious explanation is usually the right one. To my mind it's just as likely that perhaps she really doesn't like peanut butter? It's certainly not my favourite thing to eat.
That's the principle of Occam's Razor: among various competing theories, the simplest explanation is often the correct one. It will be interesting to see if it applies in this case.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Courtier

I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I hope she isn't pregnant. A relationship changes when you go from being boyfriend/girlfriend to being husband/wife, and it must be even harder when the entire world is watching.

I hope they take their time starting a family. But, if the have chosen to start a family now, I wish them the best of luck and hope everything goes well.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

No, you're not alone. I think it would be a bit of a rush, too; after all, they're only married six months and Kate has a lot to acclimate herself to with royal life and marriage, let alone motherhood. Even though the main purpose of this particular royal marriage is to produce an heir, it would probably be a good idea to have this occur after the Jubilee, IMO; but when things happen, they happen, and it doesn't always go according to the best-laid plans. We just have to wait and see.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
No, you're not alone. I think it would be a bit of a rush, too; after all, they're only married six months and Kate has a lot to acclimate herself to with royal life and marriage, let alone motherhood. Even though the main purpose of this particular royal marriage is to produce an heir, it would probably be a good idea to have this occur after the Jubilee, IMO; but when things happen, they happen, and it doesn't always go according to the best-laid plans. We just have to wait and see.
Just musing here but wouldn't it be something should the couple have a baby girl around the time of the Queen's diamond jubilee? I'd be willing to bet that they'd name the daughter Elizabeth also after her great grandmother. A future Queen Elizabeth III?

The only thing we know for sure is that eventually they will have children.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Aristocracy

I would think she would want to be a big part of the Olympics. It's a once in a lifetime event. Pregnancy right now would get in the way. It can wait a little bit.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

In Kate's situation, I'd want to have a baby right away, to avoid all that speculation: Is she, or Isn't she?

The longer they wait, the more pressure they'll be under, and all the stress might make conception difficult. The sooner the better, imo. And then everyone can relax.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
I would think she would want to be a big part of the Olympics. It's a once in a lifetime event. Pregnancy right now would get in the way. It can wait a little bit.
The royal family will have very little part in the actual games besides having the privilege to have whatever seats they like to whatever sports. It will be HM who opens and takes part in the closing ceremonys. So Catherine could be pregnant and quite easily watch what she wants IMO.