The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I have no clue about the source of this info but:
Quote:
Royalinsight Royal Insight

#DuchessofCambridge jewellery box just got bigger. With new diamond bracelet with matching earrings added as a gift from Prince Charles.
I'm assuming it was to show her how proud and appreciative he was that she took on last week's solo engagement on his behalf.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm assuming it was to show her how proud and appreciative he was that she took on last week's solo engagement on his behalf.
A gift for every engagement? That's one lucky girl.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never heard of her receiving a gift for any other engagement unless I missed something.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

It's got to be a different set other than the one Kate wore that night, which we've seen her wear before, if this is true. If so, I hope we get to see these pieces soon.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Serene Highness

Perhaps he doesn't intend to gift her so lavishly for every engagement, but wants to reward her for her first time at bat, so to speak. Doesn't seem that odd for a father-in-law to wish to do and, if within his means, go ahead and do. Kate is not so silly (or greedy) as to expect a gift every time.

OTOH, perhaps it's a belated wedding gift - or as some of us suspect, some other kind of gift. If true (that the gift was given) that was very nice of Prince Charles. She needs some bling.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Royal Highness

Duchess of Cambridge's refusal to eat peanut paste sparks rumours she is expecting | Mail Online

would be lovely if it's true.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Royal Highness

couple of interesting things to point out about the above artice:

interesting that the CP Mary is wearing trousers...don't see that often, if at all, on official appearances.

and, sadly, William has resorted to the "gulp" dreaded combover!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Don't they wait three months to announce, or am I thinking of someone else?

As for the diamonds, it wouldn't surprise me if they were, indeed, a gift from Charles.
It's long been rumored that he has a representative in the auction houses whenever some special jewels are coming up for sale, so why not?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I read in one of the articles that they wait three months before an announcement, and I know that's made officially from BP (or CH in this respect?).

And, oh, I'd love to have a wealthy father-in-law who has a rep lurking the auction houses whose sole mission is to purchase expensive jewels.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Yes, it would be lovely if true, but we could also guess that she's not a fan of peanut butter, or didn't want to be photographed eating. I'm thinking we'll see in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, I read in one of the articles that they wait three months before an announcement, and I know that's made officially from BP (or CH in this respect?).

And, oh, I'd love to have a wealthy father-in-law who has a rep lurking the auction houses whose sole mission is to purchase expensive jewels.
Yep, the formal announcement would come either from BP or CH, and most likely after the first trimester, when the chance for a miscarriage is significantly minimized (I'm not a doctor, so correct me if I'm wrong).

And I'm so with you on a wealthy f-i-l ! Oh, the jewels that could grace my meager jewelry box (that's not really a jewelry box at all, since I don't own too much jewelry) .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anybody know if the Duchess is allergic to peanuts and peanut products?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Commoner

Daily Mail says: "ABC news reported Buckingham Palace 'went out of their way to stress that she has no nut allergy whatsoever.'

So... Who knows... We'll see!
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
Old 11-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Does anybody know if the Duchess is allergic to peanuts and peanut products?
No, she's not, it's been stated in a number of articles. Plus, if you are allergic to peanuts you are warned to stay away from all other types of nuts (I'm speaking from experience as I am allergic to peanuts) and William and Kate had walnuts (or some of form of nuts) in their wedding cake.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

And it's been said that the Duchess is reticent about eating in public, but I remember pictures from a Canadian barbecue where she was eating seafood and trying to get a reluctant William to taste it as well. But it's all speculation until an official announcement is made.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Courtier

The Queen dislikes milk pudding.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 11-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
The Queen dislikes milk pudding.
What does this have to do with Catherine?
Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

It would be wonderful if true, but it's also quite possible that the Duchess just didn't want to be photograped eating peanut paste...it's probably quite sticky and the press delights in unflattering photos.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

That is also a definite possibility. I know it's been said in the press that Kate gave Will a "knowing look" when she passed on the paste, so to speak, but for the life of me, it just looked like she was watching him as he sampled it. Maybe just too much reading into things, IDK, or you just had to see it in person. Personally, that photo tells me nothing.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That is also a definite possibility. I know it's been said in the press that Kate gave Will a "knowing look" when she passed on the paste, so to speak, but for the life of me, it just looked like she was watching him as he sampled it. Maybe just too much reading into things, IDK, or you just had to see it in person. Personally, that photo tells me nothing.
Now, my question is what exactly is a 'knowing look' and how would press know the 'looks' those two exchange with each other and the significance of each that passes between them? Of course this is coming from someone who has a visual impairment and can't always read facial expressions, but nonetheless, a look can mean one thing to one person and something completely different to someone else, so in my eyes, the press is trying to make a story where there may not even be one. I agree with you, it looks like she's just watching him try it, nothing more. Anyway, I'm just being a little feisty, so no offense is meant.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread