The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
couple of interesting things to point out about the above artice:

interesting that the CP Mary is wearing trousers...don't see that often, if at all, on official appearances.

and, sadly, William has resorted to the "gulp" dreaded combover!

Don't they wait three months to announce, or am I thinking of someone else?

As for the diamonds, it wouldn't surprise me if they were, indeed, a gift from Charles.
It's long been rumored that he has a representative in the auction houses whenever some special jewels are coming up for sale, so why not?

Yes, I read in one of the articles that they wait three months before an announcement, and I know that's made officially from BP (or CH in this respect?).

And, oh, I'd love to have a wealthy father-in-law who has a rep lurking the auction houses whose sole mission is to purchase expensive jewels.:wub:

Last edited:

Yes, it would be lovely if true, but we could also guess that she's not a fan of peanut butter, or didn't want to be photographed eating. I'm thinking we'll see in a few months.

Yes, I read in one of the articles that they wait three months before an announcement, and I know that's made officially from BP (or CH in this respect?).

And, oh, I'd love to have a wealthy father-in-law who has a rep lurking the auction houses whose sole mission is to purchase expensive jewels.:wub:

Yep, the formal announcement would come either from BP or CH, and most likely after the first trimester, when the chance for a miscarriage is significantly minimized (I'm not a doctor, so correct me if I'm wrong).

And I'm so with you on a wealthy f-i-l :D! Oh, the jewels that could grace my meager jewelry box (that's not really a jewelry box at all, since I don't own too much jewelry) :lol:.

Does anybody know if the Duchess is allergic to peanuts and peanut products?

Daily Mail says: "ABC news reported Buckingham Palace 'went out of their way to stress that she has no nut allergy whatsoever.'

So... Who knows... We'll see! :flowers:

Does anybody know if the Duchess is allergic to peanuts and peanut products?

No, she's not, it's been stated in a number of articles. Plus, if you are allergic to peanuts you are warned to stay away from all other types of nuts (I'm speaking from experience as I am allergic to peanuts) and William and Kate had walnuts (or some of form of nuts) in their wedding cake.

And it's been said that the Duchess is reticent about eating in public, but I remember pictures from a Canadian barbecue where she was eating seafood and trying to get a reluctant William to taste it as well. :whistling: But it's all speculation until an official announcement is made.

It would be wonderful if true, but it's also quite possible that the Duchess just didn't want to be photograped eating peanut paste...it's probably quite sticky and the press delights in unflattering photos.

:previous: That is also a definite possibility. I know it's been said in the press that Kate gave Will a "knowing look" when she passed on the paste, so to speak, but for the life of me, it just looked like she was watching him as he sampled it. Maybe just too much reading into things, IDK, or you just had to see it in person. Personally, that photo tells me nothing.

:previous: That is also a definite possibility. I know it's been said in the press that Kate gave Will a "knowing look" when she passed on the paste, so to speak, but for the life of me, it just looked like she was watching him as he sampled it. Maybe just too much reading into things, IDK, or you just had to see it in person. Personally, that photo tells me nothing.

Now, my question is what exactly is a 'knowing look' and how would press know the 'looks' those two exchange with each other and the significance of each that passes between them? Of course this is coming from someone who has a visual impairment and can't always read facial expressions, but nonetheless, a look can mean one thing to one person and something completely different to someone else, so in my eyes, the press is trying to make a story where there may not even be one. I agree with you, it looks like she's just watching him try it, nothing more. Anyway, I'm just being a little feisty, so no offense is meant.

Last edited:
what is milk pudding? is that reg.pudding since its made with milk
maybe she dosnet like peanutbutter or maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, my question is what exactly is a 'knowing look' and how would press know the 'looks' those two exchange with each other and the significance of each that passes between them? .

It's knocking on the bush, you know....:flowers:

OK, now body language experts are weighing in. I just heard on the radio that because Kate interlocked her fingers over her abdomen, it's a significant gesture that she's expecting. Make of it what you will, fellow forumers.:whistling:

Two tweets from the one of the correspondents in attendance. I found both observations interesting at the time and wondered myself if she could be pregnant. Of course this is all speculation, but exciting to ponder.

RoyalReporterRichard Palmer

Would so liked to have heard what Kate whispered in Crown Prince Frederik's ear when she was the only royal to decline some peanut paste.

3 NovFavoriteRetweetReply

RoyalReporterRichard Palmer

It might just be me but I think Kate looks a bit tired and drawn today.

If she is trying for a baby she wouldn't be eating it either , so maybe that's all it is. As for the hands on the tummy I don't think it means anything. But I hope all these things do mean something?

Or how about the obvious?

She didn't want to be seen and photographed by the World Press licking Peanut Butter off her finger as her husband just did?

Still can't believe UNICEF set up an event like that, but didn't have anything like a spoon or some of the PB on a cracker for *both* Royal Couples to try. Good on William being a good sport about it and trying it, but still!!

:previous: Tiggersk8, I like your reasoning.

Or how about the obvious? She didn't want to be seen and photographed by the World Press licking Peanut Butter off her finger as her husband just did?
Yes, but didn't CP Mary taste it? It doesn't make sense to me that think fear of having picture of her licking powdered peanut butter off her finger was the reason all 3 other Royals did. She could have just dipped the tip of her finger in the package and taken a tiny dainty taste without sticking her hole finger in her mouth. We know she isn't adverse to having a glass of alcohol at functions and has been photographed with a drink in her hand quite a few times, however she declined to drink alcohol at the reception at Clarence House. I don't see any bump, but the design of dress she wore to the reception was an empire design which would hide any slight thickening of her waist. The coat would also hide anything, however I noticed that she wore the belt high up on her waist rather than resting in the curve. It could all mean nothing, or it could mean something. It's all speculation until it is confirmed or denied.

Just want to revise my observation about the belt. Other pics show it in a more normal position, so it could have just been the photo I was looking at that appeared to be above her waistline. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Texankitcat, I had thought the same thing - that if the other three royals were game enough to try out the product regardless of the cameras, why not Kate? She had just made it very obvious that she was the only one reluctant to even try the tiniest bit without losing her decorum, so it is puzzling. And I did see online reports that she shunned champagne at the charity dinner at CH and drank what was possibly water. Oh, well, it's fun to conjecture, but until BP or CH steps up and announces the happy event, speculation is all we can do.

Last edited:
I am eagerly awaiting little Cambridges just as much as anyone else. Still, it seems like a shame that William and Catherine made this visit to bring awareness to the plight of East Africa but all the focus is the what-ifs of her waistline.

Or how about the obvious?

She didn't want to be seen and photographed by the World Press licking Peanut Butter off her finger as her husband just did?

Still can't believe UNICEF set up an event like that, but didn't have anything like a spoon or some of the PB on a cracker for *both* Royal Couples to try. Good on William being a good sport about it and trying it, but still!!

:previous: Completely agree with above and have to quote Baroness of Books as I thought the same as she did "it just looked like she was watching him as he sampled it".

Poor Catherine, they just can't seem to leave her alone even when she just doesn't want to try peanut paste!

Had Catherine not already declined the opportunity to eat the peanut butter before it was offered to the Danish couple? So she couldn't very well decide to taste it after the fact.

I believe in the theory that the most obvious explanation is usually the right one. To my mind it's just as likely that perhaps she really doesn't like peanut butter? It's certainly not my favourite thing to eat.

HRH doesn't have a peanut allergy and wouldn't eat peanuts. She must be pregnant. Or maybe she just doesn't like peanuts....

Had Catherine not already declined the opportunity to eat the peanut butter before it was offered to the Danish couple? So she couldn't very well decide to taste it after the fact.

I believe in the theory that the most obvious explanation is usually the right one. To my mind it's just as likely that perhaps she really doesn't like peanut butter? It's certainly not my favourite thing to eat.

That's the principle of Occam's Razor: among various competing theories, the simplest explanation is often the correct one. It will be interesting to see if it applies in this case.:)

Last edited:
I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I hope she isn't pregnant. A relationship changes when you go from being boyfriend/girlfriend to being husband/wife, and it must be even harder when the entire world is watching.

I hope they take their time starting a family. But, if the have chosen to start a family now, I wish them the best of luck and hope everything goes well.

No, you're not alone. I think it would be a bit of a rush, too; after all, they're only married six months and Kate has a lot to acclimate herself to with royal life and marriage, let alone motherhood. Even though the main purpose of this particular royal marriage is to produce an heir, it would probably be a good idea to have this occur after the Jubilee, IMO; but when things happen, they happen, and it doesn't always go according to the best-laid plans. We just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom