The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Nobility

I'm pretty sure that the security guards are not to be distracted by carrying bags and other non-security related activities. I suspect they are there to look for threats and to concentration on nothing else.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

@csw: I think so, too. Kate has been photographed carrying much heavier load than that, and always seem to return shopping carts to the parking bay herself. If she had a lady-in-waiting, that may have been a job for her. But bodyguards, I think, are there primarily there to protect.

That said, it's great to hear that Kate continues to spend time with her family. They're a tight bunch and undeniably a major source of strength and support.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Nobility

it was Pippa's birthday so I suppose it's the reason why she was in her family, to celebrate
Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I'm pretty sure that the security guards are not to be distracted by carrying bags and other non-security related activities. I suspect they are there to look for threats and to concentration on nothing else.
Good point about the security guards. They can't be surveilling for threats if their attention is diverted by carrying and stashing packages.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

isnt carrying bags the job of the lady in waiting?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Administrator

I believe that is just the case during royal engagements....to free up the hands of the royal ladies so that they can continue to greet people from flowers, gifts and the like that are handed to them during walkabouts.

That is not the case on private time when she is shopping and fully capable herself.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Commoner

Well said. I had this same discussion with my Mom a while back. People complain when she does things on her own but if she had people doing for her they would complain about that. Just like they complained about spending on her outfits, but also complained at the same time about her reusing some outfits. I'm like what do you want her to do? Like you said, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think this is another example of 'damned if she does and damned if she doesn't'. I think it's normal that she carries her own bags. She didn't grow up with household staff, so she can fend for herself. I think it's something automatic. Of course if it were something ridiculously heavy, like a piece of furniture, I'd hope that there'd be someone to help her out (even those rolling office chairs can be a little on the cumbersome side ).
I hope we will be able to have a happy family ourselves.-Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
@csw: I think so, too. Kate has been photographed carrying much heavier load than that, and always seem to return shopping carts to the parking bay herself. If she had a lady-in-waiting, that may have been a job for her. But bodyguards, I think, are there primarily there to protect.

That said, it's great to hear that Kate continues to spend time with her family. They're a tight bunch and undeniably a major source of strength and support.
No pictures have surface yet?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

There are some pictures on the Duchess of Cambridge daytime fashion thread, part 4, of her shopping in Hungerford.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding patrons and/or royal duties for Catherine, have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-29262-32.html .

Thanks!

Zonk

Old 09-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton Spends 4 Hours at Fave Salon - UsMagazine.com - Pix inside
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate looks really good in the first photo, but those rollers in the second one remind me of the "beer cans" my poor sister used to sleep in to achieve her perfect coiffure!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Kate looks really good in the first photo, but those rollers in the second one remind me of the "beer cans" my poor sister used to sleep in to achieve her perfect coiffure!
That picture reminded me of seeing my mother and paternal aunt sleeping in the same contraptions to have curly hair. It seemed that in the early/mid '80s in USSR having curly hair was in, because everyone wanted it. My paternal aunt wanted her daughter (who was three at the time) to have curly hair too, so she made her sleep in those rollers. Insanity I tell you, and all for the sake of keeping with the latest 'trend'.

On topic thoug,, Catherine looks great, and I like the new hair color.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I figured to achieve Kate's curls she had to wear some huge curlers. I wonder if she will have to hire a hairdresser to come to her instead of her going to them, so as to prevent these kinds of pictures with her under a dryer.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Majesty

I thought Catherine had naturally curly hair. Some pictures from her teen years show her hair as having some sort of wave/curl to it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate does have curly/wavy hair; I also remember seeing photos of her in earlier years with that look. Odd, but I would have thought the large rollers would have helped more in straightening out her hair, followed up by a good blow drying to give it volume. Just goes to show how much I know; it's been a long time since I've put such contraptions in my hair!

And if Kate is going to visit her hairdresser, you'd think he put her in a private room away from open windows where cameras can get clear shots of her, or at least have shades/curtains on that window for privacy!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
And if Kate is going to visit her hairdresser, you'd think he put her in a private room away from open windows where cameras can get clear shots of her, or at least have shades/curtains on that window for privacy!

i was thinking the same thing, i bet they will find a private room for her now. Kate must not be followed like Diana was. remember, she would always have a posse following her. surely if kate was followed like that she would have realized she needed to not be sitting in front of big plate glass windows....

on a second note, it is nice to see her with her hair up. makes her more like us. :)
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
... unless she wouldnt want it any other way Its hard to imagine that the hairdresser will put Kate in front of the window against her will.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books
Kate does have curly/wavy hair; I also remember seeing photos of her in earlier years with that look. Odd, but I would have thought the large rollers would have helped more in straightening out her hair, followed up by a good blow drying to give it volume. Just goes to show how much I know; it's been a long time since I've put such contraptions in my hair!

I'm pretty sure larger rollers ARE still used to straighten hair and give volume but can be used for curls as well if kept in longer (someone correct me if you know different, but I get the same done to my hair). Nice to see organic products being used in the salon, Charles should be happy!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
... unless she wouldnt want it any other way Its hard to imagine that the hairdresser will put Kate in front of the window against her will.
Well, if that's the case, I'd certainly want my best photo in the hair salon taken after my hair is all done to perfection, not with my head bristling with gigantic rollers!

Closed Thread