The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are too accustomed to heirs who must be productive straight after their wedding and preferably far before that big event.
William is the heir's heir and Catherine is the heir's heir's wife, so there's no such pressure for him and/or her yet.
As far as I know, this is a new situation in royalty land - or has it happened before?

Either people forget or they don't care and think they should get off their "lazy *sses" anyway.
They have to let his father and stepmother go first, that is a fact.

People are too accustomed to heirs who must be productive straight after their wedding and preferably far before that big event.
William is the heir's heir and Catherine is the heir's heir's wife, so there's no such pressure for him and/or her yet.
As far as I know, this is a new situation in royalty land - or has it happened before?

Either people forget or they don't care and think they should get off their "lazy *sses" anyway.
They have to let his father and stepmother go first, that is a fact.

Agreed!

If Kate did more royal work than Will, she would be criticized for outdoing her husband. IIRC, that was a criticism within the P and PoW marriage. Do we really want to repeat past mistakes? Oh wait, Will already said they aren't going to repeat past mistakes.

Sorry, no royalty or nobility for me. I'm too ambitious. Wealthy? You bet!

I do think Kate sits home all day doing nothing.

That's my last comment on the matter.

To make an assumption that Catherine does nothing all day is silly. :lol: You don't know what happens behind closed doors. She'll do the public speaking and solo engagements when the time is right...

Last edited:
I just want to point out two things and hopefully won't get virtual fruit thrown at me :tounge:

First, Camilla did have organizations that she was a patron or president of before her marriage to Charles, so I'm not quite sure where the waiting two years came from (you can see the patronages she has had for years and when she began her involvement with them on the Prince of Wales Official Website). So there could be charities Catherine has been involved with or not, all we know is that she hasn't made a "royal" declaration of support so far to any particular charity or foundation.

Second, I think what bothers me personally has nothing to do with Catherine or the BRF but how some royals (born AND married into) are treated if they are not actually seen doing something related to their royal life. I'll use the example of CP Frederik of Denmark who constantly gets written off as the least prepared heir because he doesn't work "outside the palace" as much as Haakon or Willemstad-Alexander or Charles. People assume he too sits on his tush watching football all day and not living up to his destiny. It only takes a royal documentary to show how much royal life and royal duties actually do take place inside their homes or official residences. Catherine IMO is getting the British equivalent to Frederik lack of duties (as in, more people know and follow the BRF, thus there will be more criticism than if she had married the heir to the heir in the DRF or the another royal family. Hypothetically of course, Christian is a bit too young for her :wink: ).

Like Kitty, there are several organizations that I am already involved with and if I were to marry a prince and be expected (not required, remember) to be involved in such things, I would immediately have them as my first patronages. But like Catherine, if I had the means to not have to work right away after marriage, I wouldn't mind some of the 'me' time she's giving herself.

Time for sleep now...

I am glad Kate is getting the opportunity to take her time or ( do nothing) what ever it is she is doing at this time. It must be a whirlwind to come into this family. As long as she is supporting William at this time we can't ask much more. Once the numbers change and William is 1 instead of 2 we will see a much more active Kate ...at least that is what we can hope for. IMO

PS: I don't totally disagree with you Kitty... I think she is sitting back enjoying what time she has left untill she is a full time working royal...I just don't think that it is a bad thing.

Some people have the opinion that it *is* a bad thing. Some people stubbornly refuse to consider that other options are possible and some people will never be satisfied.

Last edited:

:previous: "However, Blue Heart is affiliated with the United Nations, a neutral organisation. That means Kate has been told it is not appropriate for her to publicly support it because of her close ties to the Queen – a head of state."

And so why are CP Haakon, CP Mette-Marit, CP Mary, P Caroline, GD Maria Theresa, etc. allowed to be involved with UN organisations? They all are closer to their respective monarchs aka heads of state. Doesn't make sense to me that that would be the reason given for Kate.

OR ... Katie Nicholl doesn't know jack sh*t about it. That was a very weak piece overall.

If anyone wants to look at the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent thread, Prince Michael attended a function for this organization quite recently.

:previous: "However, Blue Heart is affiliated with the United Nations, a neutral organisation. That means Kate has been told it is not appropriate for her to publicly support it because of her close ties to the Queen – a head of state."

Kate attended her first solo engagement last night. It was a dinner at Clarence House for Prince Charles' charity, In Kind Direct. She stood in for him since he is in Saudi Arabia. Photos are going to be released later today.

Last edited:
Kate attended her first solo engagement last night. It was a dinner at Clarence House for Prince Charles' charity, In Kind Direct. She stood in for him since he is in Saudi Arabia. Photos are going to be released later today.

:previous:

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attending an event in support of the 'In Kind Direct' charity at Clarence
House on October 26, 2011 in London. The event was the Duchess of Cambridge's first solo engagement.

** gettyimages gallery **

** mirror: Kate Middleton wears turquoise empire-line dress as she fills in for Prince Charles at charity dinner **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Duchess of Cambridge carries out her first solo engagement **

it alsways seems to me that she always angles herself with the camera so you only get a side view of her, there are very few full front pictures....or is it just me?

Wow - to have her first solo work be done on very short notice would surely be a challenge! How great that she handled it with aplomb. Her families must be so proud!

Also, so nice to hear how well Charles has supported her. I like this family more and more and more.

Last edited:
Wow - to have her first solo work be done on very short notice would surely be a challenge! How great that she handled it with aplomb. Her families must be so proud!

Also, so nice to hear how well Charles has supported her. I like this family more and more and more.

I am seriously getting the feeling that there is quite a warm rapport between Charles and Catherine and that's something that really is heartwarming.

Kate's dress was absolutely stunning!!

I am seriously getting the feeling that there is quite a warm rapport between Charles and Catherine and that's something that really is heartwarming.

Agreed--I have the feeling that the Royal Family (at the very least the Queen, DoE and the Wales family) really love her. :flowers:

Last edited:
Nice to see that the Duchess acquitted herself admirably in her first solo engagement. It does indicate that she has the poise and confidence to handle public appearances on her own, and I'm sure she'll perform equally as well with more high-profile and visible outings. It's also great that she and Prince Charles, and most likely the rest of the immediate RF, share such a warm relationship, too.

Last edited:
Hurray! She finally did something with her hair! :wub:
But oh, she's sooo thin.

Quite amusing that for the DM the use of hair extensions was a bigger news story than the fact that Catherine had carried out her first solo engagement. :)

I think everyone is probably taken aback that with such a glorious mane of hair, Kate thought the need to wear extensions!! :lol:

Last edited:

This is her absolute best look yet!!! Except for her wedding dress of course. I want to know about the earrings and bracelet.

I think everyone is probably taken aback that with such a glorious mane of hair, Kate thought the need to wear extensions!! :lol:
It's not hair extensions. The DM corrected their story - it's a scar from an operation that she had as a child.

Last edited:
Typical of the Daily Mail, one would hope that this would teach them to verify their stories before publishing them but I somehow doubt it!

This is her absolute best look yet!!! Except for her wedding dress of course. I want to know about the earrings and bracelet.

Yes, this dress really flatters Kate's figure and shows off her beautiful arms and shoulders. As far as the bracelet and earrings, these were first seen during the NA tour; the earrings were worn with her purple dress at the Canadian concert and the set worn at the BAFTA event in California. The earrings were also worn to Zara's wedding. I heard that the bracelet is Kate's personal property and those earrings perhaps a gift from someone in the RF, but it's unclear where they came from.

And as far as the DM story of hair extensions, it's status quo that these tabloids publish stories before getting their facts straight; glad they amended that blunder but better if they got it straight first time around. :ohmy:

And I love that Kate tapped her mom for surplus stock at Party Pieces for this organization. This girl is on her toes and always thinking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom