The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we actually know that Kate wasnt happy being photographed while her hair was done? I dont think so what means something between she doesnt mind or she enjoys it.

At least William has a job. All we see from Kate in public is shopping, whats new, there wasnt much pre-marriage either.

Oh I get it! The photo of the Duchess in the salon with rollers in her hair was a case in which "normality" should not have been adhered, despite its popularity amongst the public? That was an opportunity to exercise her new "privileged" status, despite its unpopularity amongst the public, correct?

I think you've nailed it and whichever exact scenario is correct, I cannot but believe that she has made an incredibly bad decision.

Putting herself on display like that is inviting trouble and she will find that when she want's privacy she will not get it as she is inviting the paparrazzi into what is an essentially private aspect of her life. If she is willing to share on that level then there are no lines at all left and so, no lines can be crossed.

If have to admit I am gobsmacked. Even at her most familiar with the media, Diana never invited them into such an intimate aspect of her life. I don't believe I am going to say this but, someone needs to set some standards for Kathrine because she is sowing the wind and is like to reap the whirlwind!

Oh what drama! I fail to see how this is letting the press into her "intimate" life, and I seriously doubt they were "invited". She did what she has done for years, which is go to this salon for special treatments. I have no idea of why she was sitting next to the window except that more than likey that is her hairdresser's station and she is used to sitting there when she visits the salon. As this is the first time we have ever seen a photo of her there, I would say she wasn't aware that a photographer was there, or she wasn't concerned with having a photo taken with her hair in curlers. Personally I think it is silly that such a big deal is being made out of it :whistling:

Diana had her hair styled every day, which required her HD to be on staff and to be at the palace each morning and travel with her. "C"atherine doesn't require her hair styled by someone every day and at this point doesn't need someone on staff in that capacity except when she went on tour. When she becomes a full time Royal, that may change.

texankitcat said:
Oh what drama! I fail to see how this is letting the press into her "intimate" life, and I seriously doubt they were "invited". She did what she has done for years, which is go to this salon for special treatments. I have no idea of why she was sitting next to the window except that more than likey that is her hairdresser's station and she is used to sitting there when she visits the salon. As this is the first time we have ever seen a photo of her there, I would say she wasn't aware that a photographer was there, or she wasn't concerned with having a photo taken with her hair in curlers. Personally I think it is silly that such a big deal is being made out of it :whistling:

Diana had her hair styled every day, which required her HD to be on staff and to be at the palace each morning and travel with her. "C"atherine doesn't require her hair styled by someone every day and at this point doesn't need someone on staff in that capacity except when she went on tour. When she becomes a full time Royal, that may change.

Agreed completely. This is why the word "nontroversy" was coined. If anything, it shows that she's adjusting nicely- the press are a fact of her life now, she can either live in hiding or live as normally as she possibly can under the circumstances, and it looks like she's opted for normalcy.

Who cares if a pap gets a shot of her every now and again? It's not her responsibility to live in hiding.

Kate having her hair done. What a silly thing to get excited about. Everyone does this. The fact that she is not phased about where she is seated in the salon proves that she is adjusting to royal life and the publicity that goes with it. My advice, be like Princess Anne. What you see is what you get. If you want to take a photograph, then just too bad.

Last edited:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ms88P5k5cTo/ToICzDaxfrI/AAAAAAAAYt4/WezQ-HJMx-A/s1600/2222222222-1.jpg
I think Kate should be more careful with this kind of photos...she should be at a place that no one could photographer her inside the hair salon :ROFLMAO:...

I'm astonished that SHE goes at the hairdresser. I was expecting the hairdresser to visit HER.
But out of this, it is not a drama to appear in such a picture, she is not naked making depilation...

How do we know that it is not a much older picture?

What I wonder about is...4 hours in the salon? What?

I'm astonished that SHE goes at the hairdresser. I was expecting the hairdresser to visit HER.
But out of this, it is not a drama to appear in such a picture, she is not naked making depilation...

How do we know that it is not a much older picture?

I'm pretty sure in the article it says that for some things a hairdresser does go to her (or travels with her for major tours i.e. Canada) but she likes to go to the salon like anyone else for the trimmings and such which are usually every six weeks. Nothing wrong with that IMO, she may feel claustrophobic in Wales sometimes...

4 hours is really not a long time when you have long hair. She's not just getting a cut or styling but a wash, possibly some colour, and general treatment for the hair which may have a certain time to leave on, etc.

I have rather short hair and when ever I go it takes at least 2 1/2 hours. This is not a big deal. Can someone please fill me in on what all the hype is about?

Is anyone familiar with this salon? and where the window really is? I find it odd that if she was really sitting at a station right next to the window to the street, that only 1 photograph has emerged. It might very well be a glass pane walled window further back inside the salon where she felt more comfortable - which would mean one of the patrons may have snapped the picture.

Regardless, I think it is admirable that she is making an effort to still go out and get her hair done. Not to mention, it is probably more convenient for color and treatments since she only has the cottage at KP; hardly seems equipped with a salon; (which I would imagine exists in the palaces).

I think she and William are really putting forth an effort not to be sequestered and hoping that the attention dies down a bit.

I have fairly long hair and spend a total of 3 hours in the salon every 2 weeks. Catherine's hair is about 2 to 4 inches longer than mine but because of how much hair goes into a particular roller (I know it sounds crazy but its true) you have to spend at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours under the dyer alone. I've been known to read a good book (royal biography of course!) or to fall asleep if its early in the morning.

I have fairly long hair and spend a total of 3 hours in the salon every 2 weeks. Catherine's hair is about 2 to 4 inches longer than mine but because of how much hair goes into a particular roller (I know it sounds crazy but its true) you have to spend at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours under the dyer alone.

I remember when I got my hair colored and cut several years back, it took about two hours (and my hair was a lot shorter than Catherine's). She wanted to get her hair done, and if it took four hours, so be it. No need to create a fuss over something that is minor.

Great artcle! Tommorow will be fantastic!:cool: William and Kate are naturals with kids! Will have my tissues ready!;)

I'm looking forward to this event too. They'll be a hit, as usual.

What I wonder about is...4 hours in the salon? What?

Let's see....lots of long hair.....wash, color, deep condition, trim, blow out and set with large rollers with additional 20 minutes or so drying under a stationary dryer. Yep! 4 hours easily.

I'm in and out of the beauty parlor in a half hour, keeping to the basics with a short hair style and applying color myself so would be reeeaaally unaccustomed to long periods spent at a hairstylist. I'd probably go nuts if I did, even if it's for the sake of beauty!:lol: And I'm glad Kate leaves her lush eyebrows alone; that's one of her most striking features.

Last edited:
Do we actually know that Kate wasnt happy being photographed while her hair was done? I dont think so what means something between she doesnt mind or she enjoys it.

At least William has a job. All we see from Kate in public is shopping, whats new, there wasnt much pre-marriage either.

Your remarks about Catherine's so-called non-working life pre-wedding get old...

I'm in and out of the beauty parlor in a half hour, keeping to the basics with a short hair style and usually applying my own rinse at home so would be reeeaaally unaccustomed to long periods spent at a hairstylist. I'd probably go nuts if I did, even if it's for the sake of beauty!:lol: And I'm glad Kate doesn't fiddle with her eyebrows; that's one of her more striking features.

If Kate enjoys spending that time at the salon, I won't criticize her. I can only compare my "beauty" excursions, in that I can get a mani-pedi, wash, cut, color, condition and style in an hour and 15 minutes, max. Then again, I have plenty to do and can't (won't) linger longer than absolutely necessary.

I know that some women I know do spend that amount of time to preserve their "natural" good looks.

I don't know if its enjoying time in the Salon to get your hair done or just doing what is necessary.

As I said before, I have long hair and I certainly don't enjoy the three hours in the salon. I can certainly think of other things to do with my time. But the fact is when I do my hair on my own its looks a hot mess.

When my hair was shorter I was in and out in 90 minutes but I think short hair makes my face look bigger than it is and I rather enjoy longer hair (except for the maintenance as it takes longer and usually costs more for longer hair). So I endure:ROFLMAO:

I'm all for time in the salons..

Tis called HIGH MAINT:):)

I'm just so glad that I don't have to wear those "beer can" rollers. I've embraced my short, curly, low-maintenance hair to the fullest extent!:lol:

Last edited:
If I had curly hair, I would embrace it as well. I like nothing better than pulled back, ultra curly hair pulled into a big puff at the back. For little girls, twin puffs are really cute!

But I digress. As I said, I do NOT begrudge Kate 4 hours at the salon. Hopefully, she is having her nails and toes and other "necessary" items being maintained during that time.

Wow! There must be some truly multi tasking folks around. My mani-pedi alone takes one hour and I thought she was fast. I can understand the time since Catherine has her hair colored and then I think "streaked" as well, that alone with the length of her hair would take a long time.

And yes, I too am getting tired of the "non-working" comments. It is clear that she is spending time on various issues in The Firm along with being a wife. I sometimes wonder what people who spend a great deal of time on the internet criticizing others must be doing with their time ... clearly not working. :)

Wow! There must be some truly multi tasking folks around. My mani-pedi alone takes one hour and I thought she was fast. I can understand the time since Catherine has her hair colored and then I think "streaked" as well, that alone with the length of her hair would take a long time.

And yes, I too am getting tired of the "non-working" comments. It is clear that she is spending time on various issues in The Firm along with being a wife. I sometimes wonder what people who spend a great deal of time on the internet criticizing others must be doing with their time ... clearly not working. :)

I'm with you there. Just because we don't see her every working moment doesn't mean she doesn't do anything 'productive'. For all we know, she could be volunteering on William's base, helping someone with childcare, whatever. Just because it's not visible, doesn't mean it's not there.

Is anyone familiar with this salon? and where the window really is? I find it odd that if she was really sitting at a station right next to the window to the street, that only 1 photograph has emerged. It might very well be a glass pane walled window further back inside the salon where she felt more comfortable - which would mean one of the patrons may have snapped the picture.

Regardless, I think it is admirable that she is making an effort to still go out and get her hair done. Not to mention, it is probably more convenient for color and treatments since she only has the cottage at KP; hardly seems equipped with a salon; (which I would imagine exists in the palaces).

I think she and William are really putting forth an effort not to be sequestered and hoping that the attention dies down a bit.

i kindof wonder if she was 'sitting' that close to a window too, most places i go have mirrors surrounding everyone while the work is being done. maybe she walked to the window to just look outside while waiting. it does get boring having your hair done.

I'm with you there. Just because we don't see her every working moment doesn't mean she doesn't do anything 'productive'. For all we know, she could be volunteering on William's base, helping someone with childcare, whatever. Just because it's not visible, doesn't mean it's not there.

I agree, and I'm sure Kate is also up to her eyeballs with all the information and procedures she must learn to be a viable, productive member of the Royal Family. Perhaps a good portion of her day resembles a college situation - she might very well be sitting in the equivalent of a conference room looking at visuals and taking notes while listening to a multitude of lectures. After Diana's pitfalls, I'm sure the Queen and counselors are taking every precaution to ensure that this young woman is fully prepared for the role she's in and for the ones in the years ahead. And that takes a lot of preparation, in my opinion.

I agree, and I'm sure Kate is also up to her eyeballs with all the information and procedures she must learn to be a viable, productive member of the Royal Family. Perhaps a good portion of her day resembles a college situation - she might very well be sitting in the equivalent of a conference room looking at visuals and taking notes while listening to a multitude of lectures. After Diana's pitfalls, I'm sure the Queen and counselors are taking every precaution to ensure that this young woman is fully prepared for the role she's in and for the ones in the years ahead. And that takes a lot of preparation, in my opinion.

Well said. Plus, I have no doubt that in later years she'll 'make up' for all the 'free time' she is enjoying now. She doesn't strike me as someone who is lazy, but as someone who is careful to what/whom she commits to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom