The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

In the end, it all comes down to good manners, and common sense.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
I may not be normal - I talk to strangers all the time - but I would venture a smile and a hello if I met Catherine out shopping.

I work part time in a store, and we do get celebrities in their from time to time. I treat them just like I would any other customer. I'm good at an opening remark to just about anyone.

I was at a dinner with Charles and Diana in Vancouver in 1986. She was seated at the table next to me. Charles was at the podium right beside me. He was teasing her a bit because that is the day she fainted at Expo '86. I caught her eye and gave her a sympathetic smile. She smiled back. Granted...she was on duty at the time.

As long as you didn't get in her face, I'm sure Catherine wouldn't be offended by normal interaction.
Yes, if I didn't faint dead away from sighting her, I would definitely say "Hi" to Catherine if I saw her in a shop.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Commoner

The “Middleton Method”: Kate Middleton’s 5 Steps to Success | Life Coach. Jew | Jewish Journal
Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

This article is very good and I feel very accurate and gives some pretty good tips.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Majesty

This was very informative to read, and very true too. She is radiating so much confidence and self-assurance. It's great to see that unlike some people, she was able to stay true to who she is while stepping into a very public position.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

An excellent article that actually gives good advice for anyone to follow for a successful life. I'm sure having a stable and supportive family has certainly helped Kate fulfill her goals as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kelly Osbourne has criticised the Duchess of Cambridge for recycling her outfits and wearing the same dresses:

'If I had that job I would only wear a dress once': Now Kelly Osbourne takes a swipe at Kate Middleton | Mail Online
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Kelly Osbourne has criticised the Duchess of Cambridge for recycling her outfits and wearing the same dresses:

'If I had that job I would only wear a dress once': Now Kelly Osbourne takes a swipe at Kate Middleton | Mail Online
Could she be any less classy? Sure, we're entitled to our opinions, but we have to be respectful of others and their choices. Ms. Osborne is showing to the entire world that her upbringing was sorely lacking in manners.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Kate's Busy Week: Duchess Catherine Gets Special Security Training, Makes Best-Dressed List - omg! news on Yahoo!

She should learn Wing-Chun... I did ..
Old 08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

Could she be any less classy? Sure, we're entitled to our opinions, but we have to be respectful of others and their choices. Ms. Osborne is showing to the entire world that her upbringing was sorely lacking in manners.
What she actually said was that she'd wear a new dress every time if she had Kate's job- because it's so hard. She said that Kate's giving up the rest of her life and her privacy to be in the royal family, so she deserves a new outfit for every occasion.

It wasn't an actual criticism of Kate. It sounded like an off the cuff remark that's only getting press because people are so hungry for news about the Duchess.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
So what do you think? If William learned how to fire a machine gun as part of his security training, do you think Catherine packs a pistol among the grocery bags while shopping?

Seriously, considering she's still out and about among the public doing her day-to-day tasks, these skills are really necessary to have.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt she goes out (anywhere) without security.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Why Kate Middleton is More Important Than You’d Think | Life Coach. Jew | Jewish Journal
Old 08-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Interesting article about the hat Kate wore to Zara's wedding recently. It seems she (Kate) added the flower herself. I think it makes the hat and the outfit.

Kate Middleton's hat: Duchess of Cambridge wore custom made hat for Zara's wedding | Mail Online

I was surprised to see the late Queen Mother in a very similar hat.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Quoting the article: "...In another fifteen years, maybe we'll see seventy-something of her dresses earn millions for charity at a Christie's auction."

There won't be anything to auction, as they will be worn out!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
So what do you think? If William learned how to fire a machine gun as part of his security training, do you think Catherine packs a pistol among the grocery bags while shopping?

Seriously, considering she's still out and about among the public doing her day-to-day tasks, these skills are really necessary to have.
If I were Catherine... I'd be packin` something. (pepper spray, tazer, brass knuckles).

even with security.. bad things can happen ... I'm sure that many of us remembered what happened in 1974 with Princess Anne (Princess Royal). Granted, they have severely stepped up security since but what I can tell you is that someone who is completely determined to get to a Royal.. they can probably figure out a way and it's a very good idea to learn how to defend yourself , use various weapons and control your emotions in a hostage situation.

I'm sure that MI5 is running her through some of the worst case scenarios possible. I mean what would you do if say some years down the road she has to defend herself from terrorists but what if she also has a little prince or princess with her? My advice... learn how to fight and the sooner the better.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione

What she actually said was that she'd wear a new dress every time if she had Kate's job- because it's so hard. She said that Kate's giving up the rest of her life and her privacy to be in the royal family, so she deserves a new outfit for every occasion.

It wasn't an actual criticism of Kate. It sounded like an off the cuff remark that's only getting press because people are so hungry for news about the Duchess.
Thank you - you've said what I wanted too very nicely. The headlines were a bit misleading....and salicious (hope I spelt that right)
Old 08-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If I were Catherine... I'd be packin` something. (pepper spray, tazer, brass knuckles).

even with security.. bad things can happen ... I'm sure that many of us remembered what happened in 1974 with Princess Anne (Princess Royal). Granted, they have severely stepped up security since but what I can tell you is that someone who is completely determined to get to a Royal.. they can probably figure out a way and it's a very good idea to learn how to defend yourself , use various weapons and control your emotions in a hostage situation.

I'm sure that MI5 is running her through some of the worst case scenarios possible. I mean what would you do if say some years down the road she has to defend herself from terrorists but what if she also has a little prince or princess with her? My advice... learn how to fight and the sooner the better.
Absolutely...we've seen what can happen to the Royal Family even with their protection detail, and when it comes down to it, you have to know how to safeguard yourself when all else fails. Kate certainly should carry one of the aforementioned items in her bag, and hopefully she has some good self-defense techniques (physical and mental) in her arsenal as well.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Absolutely...we've seen what can happen to the Royal Family even with their protection detail, and when it comes down to it, you have to know how to safeguard yourself when all else fails. Kate certainly should carry one of the aforementioned items in her bag, and hopefully she has some good self-defense techniques (physical and mental) in her arsenal as well.
Yes ,it was only a few months ago The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's security drove them directly into a rioting mob. It's never a bad idea for someone to learn various ways of helping themselves, but probably an especially good idea for people like William and Kate, who seem determined to keep doing normal, day-to-day things as much as possible. Doing your own grocery shopping or going to the local cinema creates opportunities for bad people in a way that mucking around Balmoral, for example, wouldn't.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Commoner

Kate Middleton does not need 'a fleet of stylists,' says Sara Buys - Telegraph

Closed Thread