The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By looking at pictures of Kate and Will out and about and were taken by the paps, are we in some small way supporting what the paps do?

I'm guilty of looking at the pics, and I do feel a little guilty afterwards.

When Diana was killed, I blamed the tabloids who paid for the pics thus the people who bought the tabloids who then paid the photogs, were in some small way responsible.

With pictures much more available today than they were 14 years ago, are we not playing into the promotion of photogs getting "the" pic of any celeb who is out and about doing "ordinary" things?

I'm not pointing fingers or calling anyone out, as I stated above, I'm just as guilty. Perhaps I'm trying to ease my guilt as I love seeing pics of Will and Kate especially doing ordinary everyday things, like walking in the park holding hands. I think that is so sweet and romantic.

Again...she can't win.

If she wears what we wear (well I think we all dont' get dressed up to go grocery shopping you might be dressed up if you are coming or going somewhere else but whatever) you have people complaining that she isn't dressed up, its a photo op, she isn't normal.

If she sends someone out to get her groceries -- she thinks she is better than us, she has forgotten who she is, etc.

Face it...while William and Kate are in Wales --- she is going to try to do normal things and for that I don't blame them. After his tour is over or God forbid, the Queen dies before they leave Wales ---- she won't have time to do ordinary grocery shopping in the future.

Agreed. This is another case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. Should Kate have worn the Scroll tiara and a gown while shopping?:eek: She's only trying to maintain some normality in her life while she's able to, which is certainly understandable, because in the future any semblance of a routine life will no longer exist. These might be very precious days for her, performing those tasks while she can in this quiet period of time before she and William are truly thrust into the public domain and service.

BTW, those anecdotes about Clinton and Arafat are priceless!

About Clinton, that is so :cool:! And very :lol:! I bet you were like, " Wow":ohmy:
Or maybe that would be me!
Arafat- If there were machine guns nearby , I would not wave either. Wise move.;)
About Catherine I so agree about her being allowed to be Catherine. I read something today complaining that what she wore to do the grocery shopping, was not grand enough for a Duchess.:news:
Newsflash: Grocery shopping is not a grand affair.

You know, I won't be surprised if some people actually did expect her to dress up to go and buy groceries. I personally think it's a bit ridiculous, but hey, this is coming from a person who doesn't wear make up or own a dress. I also suspect that a good number of people don't realize that there's such a thing as 'off' time, when Catherine is not the Duchess of Cambridge at a public engagement, but just Kate, doing her grocery shopping, or what have you. When she's 'off', she can walk around in her yoga pants, and I'd applaud her for doing what she's comfortable with, rather than following the press and doing what is expected. That's what 'on' time is for.

All I know is that the Duchess dresses way better than I do when I go grocery shopping, I am in a t-shirt and sweatpants :)

Now the real question that enquiring minds need to know.

What disinfectant brand does Kate use cleaning the throne? :ROFLMAO:

Oh goodness! That is classic :ROFLMAO:.

I may not be normal - I talk to strangers all the time - but I would venture a smile and a hello if I met Catherine out shopping.

I work part time in a store, and we do get celebrities in their from time to time. I treat them just like I would any other customer. I'm good at an opening remark to just about anyone.

I was at a dinner with Charles and Diana in Vancouver in 1986. She was seated at the table next to me. Charles was at the podium right beside me. He was teasing her a bit because that is the day she fainted at Expo '86. I caught her eye and gave her a sympathetic smile. She smiled back. Granted...she was on duty at the time.

As long as you didn't get in her face, I'm sure Catherine wouldn't be offended by normal interaction.

In the end, it all comes down to good manners, and common sense.

I may not be normal - I talk to strangers all the time - but I would venture a smile and a hello if I met Catherine out shopping.

I work part time in a store, and we do get celebrities in their from time to time. I treat them just like I would any other customer. I'm good at an opening remark to just about anyone.

I was at a dinner with Charles and Diana in Vancouver in 1986. She was seated at the table next to me. Charles was at the podium right beside me. He was teasing her a bit because that is the day she fainted at Expo '86. I caught her eye and gave her a sympathetic smile. She smiled back. Granted...she was on duty at the time.

As long as you didn't get in her face, I'm sure Catherine wouldn't be offended by normal interaction.

Yes, if I didn't faint dead away from sighting her, I would definitely say "Hi" to Catherine if I saw her in a shop. :queen4:

Daria_S said:
Could she be any less classy? Sure, we're entitled to our opinions, but we have to be respectful of others and their choices. Ms. Osborne is showing to the entire world that her upbringing was sorely lacking in manners.

What she actually said was that she'd wear a new dress every time if she had Kate's job- because it's so hard. She said that Kate's giving up the rest of her life and her privacy to be in the royal family, so she deserves a new outfit for every occasion.

It wasn't an actual criticism of Kate. It sounded like an off the cuff remark that's only getting press because people are so hungry for news about the Duchess.

So what do you think? If William learned how to fire a machine gun as part of his security training, do you think Catherine packs a pistol among the grocery bags while shopping?:whistling:

Seriously, considering she's still out and about among the public doing her day-to-day tasks, these skills are really necessary to have.

I doubt she goes out (anywhere) without security.

Interesting article about the hat Kate wore to Zara's wedding recently. It seems she (Kate) added the flower herself. I think it makes the hat and the outfit.

Kate Middleton's hat: Duchess of Cambridge wore custom made hat for Zara's wedding | Mail Online

I was surprised to see the late Queen Mother in a very similar hat.
ElizabethBowes-Lyon.jpg

So what do you think? If William learned how to fire a machine gun as part of his security training, do you think Catherine packs a pistol among the grocery bags while shopping?:whistling:

Seriously, considering she's still out and about among the public doing her day-to-day tasks, these skills are really necessary to have.

If I were Catherine... I'd be packin` something. (pepper spray, tazer, brass knuckles).

even with security.. bad things can happen ... I'm sure that many of us remembered what happened in 1974 with Princess Anne (Princess Royal). Granted, they have severely stepped up security since but what I can tell you is that someone who is completely determined to get to a Royal.. they can probably figure out a way and it's a very good idea to learn how to defend yourself , use various weapons and control your emotions in a hostage situation.

I'm sure that MI5 is running her through some of the worst case scenarios possible. I mean what would you do if say some years down the road she has to defend herself from terrorists but what if she also has a little prince or princess with her? My advice... learn how to fight and the sooner the better.

HRHHermione said:
What she actually said was that she'd wear a new dress every time if she had Kate's job- because it's so hard. She said that Kate's giving up the rest of her life and her privacy to be in the royal family, so she deserves a new outfit for every occasion.

It wasn't an actual criticism of Kate. It sounded like an off the cuff remark that's only getting press because people are so hungry for news about the Duchess.

Thank you - you've said what I wanted too very nicely. The headlines were a bit misleading....and salicious (hope I spelt that right)

If I were Catherine... I'd be packin` something. (pepper spray, tazer, brass knuckles).

even with security.. bad things can happen ... I'm sure that many of us remembered what happened in 1974 with Princess Anne (Princess Royal). Granted, they have severely stepped up security since but what I can tell you is that someone who is completely determined to get to a Royal.. they can probably figure out a way and it's a very good idea to learn how to defend yourself , use various weapons and control your emotions in a hostage situation.

I'm sure that MI5 is running her through some of the worst case scenarios possible. I mean what would you do if say some years down the road she has to defend herself from terrorists but what if she also has a little prince or princess with her? My advice... learn how to fight and the sooner the better.

Absolutely...we've seen what can happen to the Royal Family even with their protection detail, and when it comes down to it, you have to know how to safeguard yourself when all else fails. Kate certainly should carry one of the aforementioned items in her bag, and hopefully she has some good self-defense techniques (physical and mental) in her arsenal as well.

Absolutely...we've seen what can happen to the Royal Family even with their protection detail, and when it comes down to it, you have to know how to safeguard yourself when all else fails. Kate certainly should carry one of the aforementioned items in her bag, and hopefully she has some good self-defense techniques (physical and mental) in her arsenal as well.

Yes ,it was only a few months ago The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's security drove them directly into a rioting mob. It's never a bad idea for someone to learn various ways of helping themselves, but probably an especially good idea for people like William and Kate, who seem determined to keep doing normal, day-to-day things as much as possible. Doing your own grocery shopping or going to the local cinema creates opportunities for bad people in a way that mucking around Balmoral, for example, wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom