The Chelsy Davy Thread 5: September 2006-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia

Welcome to Part 5 of Chesly Davy News and Pictures thread.

Part 4 can be found here

Last edited:
The People - Mirror, oh please.
A highly-placed source revealed: "Harry has got a big grin on his face - Chelsy has told him she definitely wants to move to London because she misses him when they are apart."

The source added: "Chelsy loves Harry to bits.

Perhaps someone should tell the 'source' that Harry will still be working and may be in Windsor, Afghanistan or Iraq, are they house hunting out there as well?
Chelsy may want to move to London but weren't they telling us a short time ago that Chelsy and Kate don't get on, so I can't see Kate house hunting for them? :rolleyes:

The Daily Mail article about Chelsy being robbed is on the last page of the previous thread (link in OP of this thread), so I've deleted the repeated post about it here.

aussie babe:)

i really like chelsy coz she doesn't have a care in the world and you can tell she's always herself.. i hope they'll last but it's kind of hard 2 have a relashionship like theirs well g'd luck mate!;)

Chelsey

I heard in a dutch royalprogram that Chelsey is the exgirlfriend of Harry. Knows someone its realy?

Lisanne said:
I heard in a dutch royalprogram that Chelsey is the exgirlfriend of Harry. Knows someone its realy?

I've heard it too! But I don't know if it's true or not.. :neutral:

they still rock solid is just another rumor..

bec said:
i really like chelsy coz she doesn't have a care in the world and you can tell she's always herself.. i hope they'll last but it's kind of hard 2 have a relashionship like theirs well g'd luck mate!;)

Yeah, I'm sure it hasn't been easy. She is a free spirit, and so is he, and their families and the media must be all pressuring them to "grow up" and conform their behavior to what's proper and expected in their society. Add to that the long separations (Harry army, Chelsy at uni in Cape Town) with only occasional weekends or whatever to meet up in London for clubbing, or safari or polo. But they've stayed the course. They are still going strong. It says a lot when a couple their age is determined to be together no matter what, no matter who gives them crap about it. And it also speaks a lot about Chelsy's sturdy self-esteem that she ignores the media's comparisons (Saint Kate and Wild Chelsy) and continues to be herself. So overall, my hat's off to them.

I guess its true love thats why its survived all the hype and the madness that the media has put on them.

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy world's most powerful blond

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy is one of the world's most powerful blondes. At least that's what Tatler magazine has claimed.
In its declaration of the world's top 10 most powerful blondes, the British "society" magazine has hailed Chelsy as "the new face of royalty," after ranking the 20-year-old South African on the second number, only next to Rupert's daughter Elisabeth Murdoch, who topped the list as "the ultimate boardroom blonde".

Harry's girl joins list of power blondes

I still have my reservations about this girl.

sirhon11234 said:
I still have my reservations about this girl.

No one can blame you for that. Well, maybe some can, but I can't. I have had my own. Mainly, my reservations aren't about her as a person. It's just about her father and his money. But obviously she can't help that.
Chelsy is an odd girl, but I look at it like this: Harry is an odd guy, so I guess that makes them an odd couple. :winkiss: As long as they're an odd couple in love and happy. Nothing wrong with a little love and happiness in the air, hehe. Besides, it's not like anyone expects she will be queen.... but then again, no one expected Elizabeth, Duchess of York to be Queen either. Nor Mary [of Teck/Cambridge], Duchess of York. And certainly no one expected little Princess Victoria of Kent to be Queen! So who knows. Ah well, I guess the monarchy has survived worse than potential Queen Chelsy!:lol:

Chelsy Davy is a powerful blonde?! What power has she shown?

Little_star said:
Chelsy Davy is a powerful blonde?! What power has she shown?

The power to consume newsprint ink and bandwidth, I guess.:lol:

selrahc4 said:
The power to consume newsprint ink and bandwidth, I guess.:lol:

As well as giving the reporter a story to write about to justify his pay. What a silly headline and story; that is, IMHO.:)

No, no! You must use the dramatic language of the media: With the power to seduce the British public with her unique brand of charm, this saucy blonde heats up the sidelines at Harry's polo matches when she's not smokin' the campus in Cape Town. Davy, 20, has been wow'ing royal fans for some time now as the girlfriend of Prince Harry.... yada, yada. :lol: That sounds really People magazine.

i'm with you guys/girls on this one. don't you have to do something to be powerful? <shaking my head at this one>

Chelsy hasn't even met The Queen even though she's been dating her grandson, the spare, for two years now. How powerful can she be when she has not even been acknowledged by the British royal court? They don't like her or her family. She's like Sarah-in-waiting, imo. The BRF are not going through that again. And isn't Tatler magazine basically a tabloid? They are certainly way off on this one.

I have a question... I don´t understand why BRF don´t like chelsy?, what is wrong with her?. thanxs

Duchess said:
i'm with you guys/girls on this one. don't you have to do something to be powerful? <shaking my head at this one>

I agree with you too, but she did get her claws into Harry after all. Excuse the expression but that's how I feel. And isn't that power? To be dating a Prince who might one day be king? And he doesn't need permission to marry after the age of 25 right? So he could get married to her then and there goes the Monarchy!:ROFLMAO:

i thought all members of the royal family HAD to have the Queens permission to marry, no matter the age. correct me if i'm wrong, seems like i read it somewhere lately????? sorry i can't be more specific

If they are over 25 and the Queen refuses permission they can ask Parliament.

Chelsy hasn't even met The Queen even though she's been dating her grandson, the spare, for two years now. How powerful can she be when she has not even been acknowledged by the British royal court? They don't like her or her family

How do you know this ? Have you asked the Queen, as far as I know no one in the Royal Family has ever commented on this. We know that she has met with Prince Charles because they went to a Polo game together but we have no idea what the rest of the royal family thinks or if she has met them. You can give you opinion but don't pass it off as a fact.

Laviollette said:
Chelsy hasn't even met The Queen even though she's been dating her grandson, the spare, for two years now. How powerful can she be when she has not even been acknowledged by the British royal court? They don't like her or her family. She's like Sarah-in-waiting, imo. The BRF are not going through that again. And isn't Tatler magazine basically a tabloid? They are certainly way off on this one.
Tatler isn't a tabloid, it's a society magazine. For an equivalent think of Vanity Fair or Harper's Bazaar.

CasiraghiTrio said:
And certainly no one expected little Princess Victoria of Kent to be Queen! :lol:

Hm, Victoria of Kent's father married to get a child that would be king or queen one day. His brother the Prince Regent and later king George IV. had lost his own only child, Princess Charlotte of Wales, in childbirth. The next king, his brother William II. and his queen Adelaide were childless. So there was a run-up of the other brothers of George IV. to marry and father children.

The duke of Kent was the third brother, thus he was the most senior and his daughter was her dather's heir presumptive the moment she was born. It didn't matter that the fourth brother, The duke of Cumberland, fathered male children - he inherited only Hanover via salic law and left this kingdom to his children, while the crown of Great Britain was inherited by Victoria, who was next in line due to semi-salic succession the moment she was born.

bbb said:
i thought all members of the royal family HAD to have the Queens permission to marry, no matter the age. correct me if i'm wrong, seems like i read it somewhere lately????? sorry i can't be more specific

Here's the Wikipedia page on the Royal Marriages Act:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Marriages_Act_1772

It says "Any member of the Royal Family over the age of 25 who has been refused the sovereign's consent may marry one year after giving notice to the Privy Council of their intention to so marry, unless Parliament passes an act against the marriage in the interim."

Jo of Palatine said:
Hm, Victoria of Kent's father married to get a child that would be king or queen one day. His brother the Prince Regent and later king George IV. had lost his own only child, Princess Charlotte of Wales, in childbirth. The next king, his brother William II. and his queen Adelaide were childless. So there was a run-up of the other brothers of George IV. to marry and father children.

The duke of Kent was the third brother, thus he was the most senior and his daughter was her dather's heir presumptive the moment she was born. It didn't matter that the fourth brother, The duke of Cumberland, fathered male children - he inherited only Hanover via salic law and left this kingdom to his children, while the crown of Great Britain was inherited by Victoria, who was next in line due to semi-salic succession the moment she was born.

Thanks for reminding me of the whole story and all the facts.
:flowers:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Thanks for reminding me of the whole story and all the facts.
:flowers:

You're welcome! :flowers: It's just that I'm so fascinated by history and the sometimes strange circumstances that produced astonishing, but valid results. I wish I had the magic gift to be able to be a "flea on the wall" on any historical occassion that I wished to attend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom