The Chelsy Davy Thread 4: May-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
magnik said:
Royal family expactations but what about his own?:sad:

yeah, that exatcly came into my mind when I saw ZandraRae's comment.
by the way, his own wishes are the most important.
Be Free and Happy should be a right to all human beings:ROFLMAO:

ps: but unfortunaly, the world is not perfect and we know how things are. =(

Harry is a prince of the UK who is currently third in line to the throne. He can't just do whatever he feels like doing. That's the way it is.

branchg said:
Harry is a prince of the UK who is currently third in line to the throne. He can't just do whatever he feels like doing. That's the way it is.
People thought the same about Edward VIII:sad:

branchg said:

Correct me if Iam wrong, but didn't people think the same for Princess Maxima?:huh: I don't know, Prince Harry doesn't seem like the type that would miss the Royal Family if he had to leave it for Chelsy. So I don't think he has given a thought about how in the end he might have to leave her. And if he does realize that he can't eventually have a mature and a serious realtionship with her then I think it's a little selfish of him to play with Chelsy's heart like that. :neutral:

Agree about him playing with Chelsy's heart. But in the end, it will come down to this. Either he will marry someone his grandma approves of, or he will marry chelsy(I doubt it) without his grandmother's approval, which would undoubtly cost him his title.

ZandraRae said:
Agree about him playing with Chelsy's heart. But in the end, it will come down to this. Either he will marry someone his grandma approves of, or he will marry chelsy(I doubt it) without his grandmother's approval, which would undoubtly cost him his title.

Personally, I think that this relationship will turn sour. It is fun right now for both. I think that Chelsy hopes that it lasts forever as she would become a princess. I do think she loves Harry, but there are things that Harry does, such as flirting, excessive drinking, etc. that she would rather see him curtail.

Just a thought, if Chelsy is as party-hardy as the tabloids claims, I doubt she is in a position to curtail anyone else's drinking. And if her detractors are right about her social climbing claws, she'd know better than to try tell him what to do.:)

magnik said:
People thought the same about Edward VIII:sad:

Yes, but I think he has a greater sense of duty that Edward. He's been taught by the best....Charles, the Queen Mother, the Queen, Prince Phillip and Diana.

I don't see the relationship lasting. It could be the right people at the wrong time, or they could totally grow into different people. Or it could be that first love. Remember your first love...he/she was all you thought about. You were going to be with him/her forever, etc. He is going to become active in the Army and with his duties, and she is still in South Africa. Really..unless she moves to England...I don't see it lasting. Also, I don't think Harry is leading her on...they are dating....don't we all do the same? Hanging out, talking on the phone, taking vacations, etc.

Zonk1189 said:
Yes, but I think he has a greater sense of duty that Edward. He's been taught by the best....Charles, the Queen Mother, the Queen, Prince Phillip and Diana.

I don't see the relationship lasting. It could be the right people at the wrong time, or they could totally grow into different people. Or it could be that first love. Remember your first love...he/she was all you thought about. You were going to be with him/her forever, etc. He is going to become active in the Army and with his duties, and she is still in South Africa. Really..unless she moves to England...I don't see it lasting. Also, I don't think Harry is leading her on...they are dating....don't we all do the same? Hanging out, talking on the phone, taking vacations, etc.
Zonk I agree with you. I don't think the relationship will last either, and that's really sad, because I think Harry and Chelsy are actually madly in love.

He does have some of the normal habits of a man his age, but Chelsy seems to be sort of accepting of that type of behaviour as long as it doesn't happen when she's around.

To me, she's actually a good match for Harry.
I know she's not acceptable as his wife, but that just seems too bad and unfair.
It would be nice if love could actually win out over duty for once.....:sad:

Incas said:
Just a thought, if Chelsy is as party-hardy as the tabloids claims, I doubt she is in a position to curtail anyone else's drinking. And if her detractors are right about her social climbing claws, she'd know better than to try tell him what to do.:)

How do we know that she mimics Harry? She may be quite tame or tamer than Harry and just go crazy whenever she is around him in Britain. Has anyone read of Chelsy shenanigans in Africa when Harry isn't with her?

Zonk1189 said:

Zonk1189,
Thanks for getting to the heart of this relationship. Young people in love. First love. When we were that young and in love we all thought that the intesity of those feeling would last forever. Where is your first love? I know that there are people who do marry the very first person they fell in love with
or their high school sweethearts, but that is not the norm. Most people grow apart as they mature. I have no reason to believe that Chelsy and Harry will not grow apart. They are very outgoing people, they travel, they meet lots of new people, and they live in different counties, so the conditions are ripe for growing apart.

I guess I am the only one here, who is for their relathionships and hopes they will last. Personally I see these 2 sharing a genuine love. And I don't see why Prince Harry has to give up his title for marrying Chelsy (if that's what they will choose to do). I know the whole controversy about Chelsy's father but as Laraib pointed, the same was about Princess Maxima and look now - she is arguably the most-loved European Princess, has a great family and a country, which adores her. And Harry isn't even the future King, so he is pretty free to marry Chelsy. And I personally don't think that the Queen or Prince Charles or anyone would object to such marriage - after all they did understand, imo, that love is what makes you happy and it will not be substituted by anything. :ermm:
btw, thanks for the pics of Chelsy, alleyesonarmani.

Come on folks! "Madly in Love"?! They are young and very attracted to each other. How many girls was charles linked to as being "madly in love"? I don't know why harry & chelsy are being taken so seriously. All they seem to do is party, which is great but has nothing to do with real life. Just because Kate & William conduct themselves with a little dignity, does not mean they don't care for each other and would actually seem to me to mean that their relationship goes a bit beyond the superficial.
Given Harry's track record and temperament, I can't see him setling down so quickly- and if he does- staying with it for long.

I think Harry will not get married for years. He will soon forget about Chelsy (God I hope so). My opinion of her has sunk even lower after seeing those pictures of her smoking and looking so shabby. She doesn't have an ounce of class or style or regality. What a bad example she is setting to other young women by smoking.

I don't think very much of Chelsy. She just appears to be a party girl who found a prince and while they may be in love, she is not carrying herself very well. I also really don't think she's that attractive. Based on appearance alone, she reminds me of some of the snotty-acting high school girls I knew back in school.

Alicia and Princess Diana Fan,
I agree with both of your comments about her party image. To add to this I want to remind people that this is his first love and the relationship started when he was a teenager. She seems to be a typical teenage girl on one level and a little more on another level, and for that reason I see why he finds her so attractive. She isn't painfully shy like so many teenage girls (nothing is wrong with shy), she seems very social, she flies all over the world alone, and she is probably comfortable with her body (not awkward). She is a real catch for a teenage boy like Harry. Harry is not very sheltered when it comes to living in the fast lane. I just don't think the typical sheltered teenager would have been a good match for him at this point. His taste in women may or may not change as he gets older.

She is a real catch for a teenage boy like Harry.

Oh no I couldn't disagree more. She isn't a catch at all for a Prince. Maybe for the local party boy scruffy kid or something but not for Harry. She really is so unimpressive.

Chelsey & Harry

Personally, I think that Harry and William are way too young to marry and I'd be surprised if either one of them married their present girlfriends. By the time they're in their late 20's, they will have changed a lot with how they view things and what they want out of life, etc. In a way, it's probably too bad that these young women came into their lives so early (in terms of the possiblity of marrying the Princes). But, it's fun seeing what will happen.:)

felicia said:
I think Harry will not get married for years. He will soon forget about Chelsy (God I hope so). My opinion of her has sunk even lower after seeing those pictures of her smoking and looking so shabby. She doesn't have an ounce of class or style or regality. What a bad example she is setting to other young women by smoking.

Well, I don't think she is the sole model young girls look up to, so I don't see how her smoking is setting a bad example for young girls?:rolleyes: I think what many people forget is Harry's past. He was just like Chelsy in his old days, and according many, still is. No offense, but how can someone base their opinon on someones character by the way they look?Or smoke? Many of my friends smoke, I would like for them to quit, but I assure you they do have class.:)

Oh by the way, Iam not accusing you or anything. Just my opinion.:)

I'm not judging her solely on the way she looks or because she smokes. Just everything about her I don't like. Of course young women have many role models they look up to. Chelsy may not be a role model for hardly anyone. But her smoking may have an influence. And it is a very bad thing to do. Believe me I already viewed Chelsy as having no class long before I saw her smoking! That just lowered my opinion a bit more. I once saw a photo of her with her bum hanging halfway out of her pants. UGH!

Its really a suprise for me to see that in 2006 people still believe in
"example" stuff, we don't do anything if we don't want to!!!!
I smoke, ok, I know its not healthy
but i'm not doing anything bad for anybody, just for myself!!!
... hey! HARRY smokes...
I think we should live Chelsy alone, I'm sure she don't give a damm
for examples.

Um I'm pretty sure many impressionable young people often do do things that they may not really want to because of the example of others or peer pressure. It would be better if Chelsy smoked in private. Many people still believe that others can set a bad or good example. Pretty common belief. Stil I don't care if she does, it's her problem.

felicia said:
I'm not judging her solely on the way she looks or because she smokes. Just everything about her I don't like. Of course young women have many role models they look up to. Chelsy may not be a role model for hardly anyone. But her smoking may have an influence. And it is a very bad thing to do. Believe me I already viewed Chelsy as having no class long before I saw her smoking! That just lowered my opinion a bit more. I once saw a photo of her with her bum hanging halfway out of her pants. UGH!

Iam just wondering why did you or still view Chelsy with no class?:)

Laraib said:
Iam just wondering why did you or still view Chelsy with no class?:)

See my quote above about her bum hanging out of her pants. And just everything about her. But of course I have very high and traditional opinions about who a Prince should be dating.

I agree with felicia on everything she says. Chelsy should have a little more class than smoking in front of papparazzi. Plus, some of her clothes are just plain tacky. Sorry if I offended anybody.

Chelsy is just a girlfriend, if she marries harry she'll have to change!
anyway... Diana was seem as "perfect" and we all saw what happened...
Harry isn't any class full, he pees on the horse box, uau very classy
:lol:

felicia said:
Oh no I couldn't disagree more. She isn't a catch at all for a Prince. Maybe for the local party boy scruffy kid or something but not for Harry. She really is so unimpressive.

I think Harry is a "local party boy scruffy kid" who happens to be a Prince.
I know that Royal titles conjure up all sorts of high expectations, but sadly royals are people too, they have pretty much all the same issues and flaws as the rest of us.

But Harry should have better taste in women. His next ''serious'' girlfriend might be more to my taste.

Heidi P. said:
I think Harry is a "local party boy scruffy kid" who happens to be a Prince.
I know that Royal titles conjure up all sorts of high expectations, but sadly royals are people too, they have pretty much all the same issues and flaws as the rest of us.

I agree Heidi, Just because he happens to be a prince doesn't mean he automatically is going to be a guy of high moral virtue. Royals have the same flaws as any commoner would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom