The Chelsy Davy Thread 2: November 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood that the argument from a political standpoint was the Mugabi alliance... other on the forum had stated the hunting thing as well-which was why I brought it up.

Warren said:
Your English is fine Mariita. :)
Everyone has their preferences, so could you tell us why you don't really like Chelsy?

Warren I think she is unpleasant, she always looks serius

I think Kate is more cute!

I think hunting might be of issue. Mr. Davy's little hunting grounds are exactly swarming with little ducks and foxes. You can shoot wildlife that even might be endangered I believe. Anyway, paying somebody $30,000 so I can shoot an elephant or something is just wrong.

soCal girl said:
I think hunting might be of issue. Mr. Davy's little hunting grounds are exactly swarming with little ducks and foxes. You can shoot wildlife that even might be endangered I believe. Anyway, paying somebody $30,000 so I can shoot an elephant or something is just wrong.

His job isn't as important in the political scheme of things as his association with a man with the human rights record of Mugabe.

As a white man, to be successful in Zimbabwe, at the moment means doing things to suit Mugabe at a high level - what that might be I can only guess.

The hunting itself is not an issue, even though to many of us that is obscene but to the people's of many of these countries the money is important. Remember that hunting is legal in many countries, including Britain (they have banned hunting with dogs but not banned hunting per se) and the RF hunts every year at Balmoral and shoots at Sandringham.

The refusal of the government to have a legitimate opposition in existence, killing people for no apparent reason, both white and black etc are of concern to politicians and Davy senior's association with the government that does that is what makes Chelsy a controversial girlfriend to Harry.

Of course Chelsy's father's connections with Mugabe are much more important and controversial than the hunting issue. But it doesn't really help him or Chelsy! I'm not a fan of Chelsy's per se, but I feel bad for the girl. I'm sure she loves her father and everything, but if it's your own family getting in the way of "marital bliss," I'm sure there's some resentment.

Perhaps what keeps Harry and Chelsy together is that understanding about family connection and how the public prejudges him based on that family connection. As a member of RF, there will always be people trying to gain access to him and profit from that access. Harry strikes me as less guarded than William, but it must be in the back of his mind. In the press, Harry has been cast as the wild "spare" to the angelic heir. His partying and run-in with photographers gave the public further evidence of that impression. He gave a couple scripted interviews which helped for awhile until the next incident.

As for Chelsy, even less is known besides "accroding to friends" sort of news. Most children wouldn't be aware of everyone their parents work with, but all the press about her father's business associates can't be lost on her. Most of the chatter about her unsuitability, even as Harry's girlfriend, goes back to her father's association. Mr Davy could very well be sympathetic or even supportive of Mugabe. However, as far as I can find, there has been no reports of Mr. Davy actually participating in the campaign against white farmers or dissidents instigated by the Mugabe regime. He is condemned as guilty for the regime's repression by association and Chelsy is guilty by blood connection.

I don't believe hunting is that much of a issue since the royals are known to hunt, even if it is for a different prey.

He can't marry her and they both know that. Eventually, the relationship will have to end.

I suppose he could marry her if he gave up his position in the line of succession and any claim on public funding, like they were going to make Princess Margaret do if she married Peter Townsend, but I think it'd be very unpopular. People aren't going to look at this affair as romantically as they did at Margaret's; it just looks like a couple of privileged young idiots who don't know what their limits are.

I don't think he really realizes that he won't be able to marry her. It just doesn't seem like a Harryesque thing to know.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I don't think he really realizes that he won't be able to marry her. It just doesn't seem like a Harryesque thing to know.

they let Charles marry Camilla. After the queen, reportably never wanted to meet her... I think things have changed in England. There isn't a very high bar anymore with the wives of princes, especially since the next in line married someone so controversial around the globe.

Chelsey's father is the one in question-while Camilla was the one in question... if people can look over Charles and Camilla's past, then I think they can look over the fact that Chelsey can not control what or with whom her father does business.

i read in an articl dont know if it's old or new that shelsy looks more like a fotballer girlfreind than a prince girlfriend, due to the fact that she was seen gettink drunk with some of her friends and she loves to party and stuff, for my opinion she is perfect for harry cz he is a party guy and think they have so much fun togther both likes to party. and if look in the future i dont think they will have responsability in the kingdom, everything wil be for williame and kate , harry and his wife rnt going to be in the spotlight to much like the brothers of prince charles and thyre wifes we dont hear so much about theme so i think shelsy will marry harry very simply.

I agree but Chelsy might not be as hopeless as everyone thinks. She is young and likes to party but who knows? Maybe someday she might mature and become a bit more lady like and it won't be as hard to picture her as Harry's wife.

She might have a chance someday, but certainly not at the present time. I'm sure the hope is that Harry will move on for the sake of the Crown.

grim_lady said:
I agree but Chelsy might not be as hopeless as everyone thinks. She is young and likes to party but who knows? Maybe someday she might mature and become a bit more lady like and it won't be as hard to picture her as Harry's wife.
This is very true! She is still young and so is harry. Time will probably straighten both of them up. It will come with age, hopefully!;)

I don't think they will end up married.However, both of them make an adorable couple.They are really in love.They don't care what the world thinks of them, which is really good.I wish them both the best of luck.;)

Who knows? They seem to be eachother's first love so I think they may be scared of taking that tye of step though i wouldn't rule out him going off to live with her if she ever moves to England.

I agree, kaydura0717. Noone really knows what's in store for the future. They are in love now, but in time something may happen. We'll have to wait and see.

Are there ant more recent photos of Chesly, maybe with elegant clothes on this time?

Are there any recent pictures of her AT ALL? I mean we rarely see a picture of her.:)

Maybe she keeping herself under wraps for awhile so the press will leave her alone.

exactly what I think
I guess she's a good girl ;)

Chelsy and Harry

She might have a chance someday, but certainly not at the present time. I'm sure the hope is that Harry will move on for the sake of the Crown.

Charles married Diana for the Crown's sake and look how that turned out. Both were miserable. Harry and Chelsy seem better matched than Charles and Diana. Harry should choose a wife for his own sake. He's the one who has to live with her.

Lunagirl said:
Charles married Diana for the Crown's sake and look how that turned out. Both were miserable. Harry and Chelsy seem better matched than Charles and Diana. Harry should choose a wife for his own sake. He's the one who has to live with her.

Harry is still young and has his whole life ahead of him. There's no need to rush into a marriage and he knows his duty.

I'm not saying he should marry for the sake of the Crown and be miserable. There are plenty of suitable girls he could meet along the way and be happy. Chelsy is simply too controversial to the Government.

Harry knows The Queen and Prince Charles do not want to be put into the position of having to consult with the Prime Minister and that's where it has to stay for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom