The Chelsy Davy Thread 2: November 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you branchg and Tzu_An for expressing the situation better than I did.

"The other one might be able to control her partying and maybe disguise her partying lifestyle, but I think she will be very simialr to Chelsy, because that's how Harry is.:)"

Seeing as i don't know Harry personally I have no idea what he is like or what he looks for in a woman. I just see a guy like any other his age, he likes to go out and have a drink. In another couple of years time he'll probably prefer something else.

It remains to be seen what happens with Harry and Chelsey but if they do marry rest assured it would have to be a private affair as any public ceremony would be met with embarassing scenes. I know some people will say the same was predicted with Charles and Camilla but it's far from the same thing. The British public can be passive on certain issues but they have a reputation of being very vocal when it comes to perceived political miscarraiges of justice and Robert Mugabe is a particuarly despised figure in this country. Of course Chelsey is an innocent young girl but her father seems to be a real slippery character. According to the Telegraph Group the United States has publicly blacklisted the business partner of Charles Davy and Mr Davy has always refused to distance himself from the Zanu-PF leader who is a close confidant and crony of Mr Mugabe's.

A US citizen found trading with any individual, company or entity on the blacklist is liable to prosecution and a fine of up to $500,000 (£290,000).

According to a White House statement, President George W Bush ordered US authorities to "block the property of additional persons undermining democratic processes or institutions in Zimbabwe, their immediate family members and anyone assisting them".

Mr Davy, 53, lives in a mansion in the rugged bush of one of Africa's largest private game reserves, Lemco.

Last edited:
It's a bit off topic, but since we are talking about Mr Davy's business, does anyone know where his clients come from?

Incas said:
It's a bit off topic, but since we are talking about Mr Davy's business, does anyone know where his clients come from?

His clients are ridiculously wealthy people who pay $30,000 per day to shoot wildlife, animals that are endangered even. I think they come from all over the world really.

they are allowed to shoot even endangered animals??:confused: :(

Becky24 said:
they are allowed to shoot even endangered animals??:confused: :(

Unfortunately yes!!

As the money is so huge the people making the money don't care about the future of the species and just want the money now.

And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering.;) :) :)

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
But can't they get in trouble for that?

Not if the government of the country concerned doesn't have a law against hunting endangered species, or if the necessary officials are corrupt and are taking a kick-back.

polop said:
And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering.;) :) :)

I think this is a case of the child being blamed for the 'sins' of the father.

"And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering.;) :) :)"

Well for starters she seems to have no objection to how her father earns his money or the "friends" he keeps. She actually seems to enjoy the "fruits" of his labour.
If this were were to become serious then she would have to cut herself off from her family and she doesn't seem the type to have the principles to do that.

Little_star said:
"If this were were to become serious then she would have to cut herself off from her family and she doesn't seem the type to have the principles to do that.
If she did that, she wouldn't get the chance to go to a British school nor get the chance to meet Harry.

Little_star said:
"And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering.;) :) :)"

Well for starters she seems to have no objection to how her father earns his money or the "friends" he keeps. She actually seems to enjoy the "fruits" of his labour.
If this were were to become serious then she would have to cut herself off from her family and she doesn't seem the type to have the principles to do that.

Just because one doesn't approve of the parent's actions doesn't mean one should have to completely cut themselves off. What a ridiculaous statement/expectation. My God-it's the girls family. She's never aligned herself with any of her father's "friends." Chelsy should not have to give up her priveleged life style simply because people disapprove of her father. It's not her fault who her father is and it's certainly not her fault she was born into the situation she was.

Did Maxima cut herself off from her father?

"Just because one doesn't approve of the parent's actions doesn't mean one should have to completely cut themselves off. What a ridiculaous statement/expectation. My God-it's the girls family. She's never aligned herself with any of her father's "friends." Chelsy should not have to give up her priveleged life style simply because people disapprove of her father. It's not her fault who her father is and it's certainly not her fault she was born into the situation she was."
But that's the whole point, if she wants to take things further she should make it clear that she doesn't approve of her father's business associates or the way he acts. The fact is,she is perfectly willing to accept it ergo she approves of it.

"Did Maxima cut herself off from her father?"

As far as I am aware, Maxima's father was an unsavoury individual, however the Dutch Government did not have policies against him, per se. If Chelsy ever did marry into the royal Family the political fall-out would be huge.

Britters said:
Just because one doesn't approve of the parent's actions doesn't mean one should have to completely cut themselves off. What a ridiculaous statement/expectation. My God-it's the girls family. She's never aligned herself with any of her father's "friends." Chelsy should not have to give up her priveleged life style simply because people disapprove of her father. It's not her fault who her father is and it's certainly not her fault she was born into the situation she was.

Did Maxima cut herself off from her father?

Exactly. Why should cut off her father for what he does?I mean if he was Hitler I could understand some of your guys concern. I have never heard of Chelsy going off and hunting endangered animals...?? :) :)

polop said:
Exactly. I have never heard of Chelsy going off and hunting endangered animals...?? :) :)
That we know of ;)

Last edited:
I suspect that what might happen is somewhat similar to what happened with Philip's sisters after WWII.

They weren't allowed to attend the wedding but did attend the coronation. They were being punished for being married to men who had served in the Germany military during the war (notice I did not say they were Nazis).

I think she might not be allowed to have her father at the wedding and be encouraged not to have him have a large profile in her life but other than that nothing much will happen. Sure not having her father at the wedding would be terrible but I just can't see the British government allowing him to have such a prominent role on the world stage even for a day.

what would you do for love?

They weren't allowed to attend the wedding but did attend the coronation. They were being punished for being married to men who had served in the Germany military during the war (notice I did not say they were Nazis).

Some of them, like Christopher of Hesse, did join the Gestapo.

Tzu An said:
Prince Christopher of Hesse was a colonel of the SS on Himmler's personal staff.

Tzu An said:

Of Philip's three sisters Christopher was the only one who did join anything like this and he was dead by the time of the wedding.

The other brothers-in-law only served in the army not in groups such as the Gestapo. In other words they fought for their country not necessarily for Hitler.

My point was that because they had fought for Germany neither the husbands nor their wives (Philip's sisters) could attend his wedding three years after the war.

I was relating that to Chelsy's dad and suggesting that just as they were prevented from attending their brother's wedding because of the situation in the war he would be prevented from attending his daughter's wedding, if she married Harry, in order to show that past (and in his case present) associations can't be supported at the time of the wedding in question.

"That we know of ;)"

I've read several articles about her hunting, one of which refered to Harry accompanying her.

Little_star said:
"That we know of ;)"

I've read several articles about her hunting, one of which refered to Harry accompanying her.

Could you post links, or maybe article locations. I've never heard of her hunting...at least not with Harry...

I'm not saying it would surprise me that she did, considering her fathers business.

On another note along those same lines-if people consider her father and Chelsy bad because of hunting-and hope for a boycotted marriage for that reason-they shouldn't hold their breath. Most people in the UK still support hunting (from my understanding) as does the British Royal Family.

Britters said:
Could you post links, or maybe article locations. I've never heard of her hunting...at least not with Harry...

I'm not saying it would surprise me that she did, considering her fathers business.

On another note along those same lines-if people consider her father and Chelsy bad because of hunting-and hope for a boycotted marriage for that reason-they shouldn't hold their breath. Most people in the UK still support hunting (from my understanding) as does the British Royal Family.

It's not the hunting that's the problem.

It is the association with Mugabe and the Zimbabwean Government. Chelsy's father seems to be supporting the policies of this government, which many countires and many people think are among the worst examples of ignoring human rights out there.

The hunting is his job but in order for a white man to be doing the things he is doing in Zimbabwe means he is close to the government.

It wouldn't matter what job he was doing - it is the association with Mugabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom