The Chelsy Davy Thread 2: November 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
polop said:
Can anyone translate what the Chelsy post above says?THANKYOU!!!:D :D :) :)

Here it goes:

Prince Harry cannot hide it...
He's head over heals in love with Chelsy Davy

The best proof that Harry is happy with his girlfirend is that he spends most of his time with her. In recent days, the couple enjoyed a holiday royal style in the heavenly african island of Bazaruto.
The prince took advantage of the break on his summer course as Army Cadet in Sandhurst to dedicate all his attention to Chelsy and enjoy the beauties of the island in the Mozambique's coast.
Tha last time the couple had visited the island they were severely critizied for their expenses which sumed up to 40.000 dollars. In that the prince met his girlfriend's family, a wild trip in which the alcohol was unlimited. Even if the family expects Harry to mature now he's about to turn 21 (which is unlikely considering the fact that the date is near), Buckingham Palace cannot stop to worry about where is going to end the large amount of money the young man will receive as part of his great-grandmother's inheritance. If Harry's motto continues to be sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, the answer seems pretty simple.

About her name : isn't it Kelsey in reality and not Chelsy?:)
The fisrst time I heard of her was back in 2004, in Point de Vue. The article said she was 19 (that 's why I suppose she is at least 20 now?) and that she met Harry in Cape Town during that summer.​

I think that what many of us dislike about Chelsy is that we expect our "spare" to behave better, (all royals for that matter) as they have had the best education money can buy, and even though many royals marry commoners, all of them put a certain part of their past away and started to behave appropriately. Chelsea on the other hand seems to be quite wild, and not willing to bend in any way,or have any respect for the monarchy!

ladybelline said:
Who is it?:confused:

She is the neice of Sonja, Queen of Norway and has been known to do some nose rubbing with various young royals!

Well, Harry is only 20, so I think he's allowed to have fun and have girlfriends. He's not getting married.

"Well, Harry is only 20, so I think he's allowed to have fun and have girlfriends."

Nobody has ever stated that he isn't, but if he's going to do so he could at least date somebody who isn't as cheap and tacky as Chelsy.

Little_star said:
"Well, Harry is only 20, so I think he's allowed to have fun and have girlfriends."

Nobody has ever stated that he isn't, but if he's going to do so he could at least date somebody who isn't as cheap and tacky as Chelsy.

It's true that cheap and tacky is a bad thing, but it is subjective. What one person considers tacky, someone else might think is just right. We may perceive her anyway we like, but it won't change the fact that Harry seems to like her.

crisiñaki said:
Prince Harry cannot hide it... He's head over heals in love with Chelsy Davy
Thanks for the translation!;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they'll break-up. Let's hope so.;) :)

I just hope that they are happy. I mean who are we to deprive them of that?

Another article of the same story with more details on Harry and Chelsy's holiday:

Can Chelsy hang on to her Prince Harry?
by REBECCA ENGLISH, Daily Mail 08:17am 2nd January 2006
Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy has admitted she is madly in love but fears their 18-month romance is doomed. The 20-year-old Zimbabwean blonde, currently on holiday with the prince on a paradise island, is said to be particularly concerned about the lack of time they will have together after he graduates from Sandhurst in April.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=372978&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Incas said:
Another article of the same story with more details on Harry and Chelsy's holiday
I'll believe it when I see it, the pictures that is. These tabloids are known to make up stories. But I am glad they're having a good time.

They seem to be too much in tune to break up. I agree, with HRHAmy.

They're both young and should enjoy their time together. But she's smart to realize it won't last forever because there is no way a marriage will ever happen for them.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
So why don't they just break up then?

Because they are in love :)

Seriously..its a first love. And while some of us are lucky to meet and marry our first love...it doesn't work that way for everyone. Due to his position..he simply can't marry Chelsy now.

Due to his position..he simply can't marry Chelsy now."

Harry would never be able to marry Chelsy. Aside from the fact she's an embarrassment, her family has some pretty unsavoury connections. He'd have to abdicate and I cannot see that happening.

Chelsy is not her father and from the little information about her, she doesn't seem to be a politically active person. Her father's business association is an unfortunate bagage for her. At least the articles seems to indicate she does think about more than the next party. As to Harry, nice to see Sandhurst hasn't worn him out yet.:) However, even if he does marry Chelsy, he is only a Prince, not the King. So he doesn't need to abdicate, nor relinquish his position in line of succession since she is not Catholic.

Incas said:
Chelsy is not her father and from the little information about her, she doesn't seem to be a politically active person. Her father's business association is an unfortunate bagage for her. At least the articles seems to indicate she does think about more than the next party. As to Harry, nice to see Sandhurst hasn't worn him out yet.:) However, even if he does marry Chelsy, he is only a Prince, not the King. So he doesn't need to abdicate, nor relinquish his position in line of succession since she is not Catholic.

Assuming for a moment that Harry waited until he was 25 to decide, The Queen would still have to seek advice from the Prime Minister as to what the Government's position is on Chelsy becoming a member of the royal family, given her father's unsavory association with Mugabe.

The marriage would be politically controversial and the Crown would have to seek advice, especially if Harry remained third in line for the throne. If there was no objection, then everything would be fine.

If there was an objection, then Harry would be faced with the same situation Princess Margaret was when she wanted to marry Townsend....An Act of Renunciation passed by Parliament.

Little_star said:
Due to his position..he simply can't marry Chelsy now."
Harry would never be able to marry Chelsy. Aside from the fact she's an embarrassment, her family has some pretty unsavoury connections. He'd have to abdicate and I cannot see that happening.
Didn't a lot of people say that about Maxima? Personally, I don't see Harry marrying Chelsy either, but I think he WILL marry someone VERY simialr to her.The other one might be able to control her partying and maybe disguise her partying lifestyle, but I think she will be very simialr to Chelsy, because that's how Harry is.:)

Didn't a lot of people say that about Maxima?
Yes, true, but the Queen herself has friends and family who have had to flee Zimbabwe and leave everything behind. This affects the British government in general more directly than the activities of Maxima's father did the other government. Whether Chelsy likes it or not, she most likely will be dumped sooner or later. It isn't just about two individuals, things are more complicated.

If Harry gets permission of the Queen and British government to marry Chelsy her father will get close to the royal circle and closer to the government. The British government is in direct conflict with Mugabe. Since her father is involved with the Mugabe regime it could/would be a implicit endorsement of Mugabe, therefore complicating things considerably. Furthermore, it would look a little hypocritical if Chelsy, as Duchess of York attended Human Rights conventions while her father collaberates with a regime killing white farmers and black farm workers indiscriminantly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom