The Chelsy Davy Thread 2: November 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read about Chelsy being Catholic. As far as I am aware of, that will be the only reason for Harry to relinquish his position in the line of succession if he marries a Catholic. Not that I think the girl doesn't need some emotional growth, that doesn't make her an unsuitable royal wife.

I can't believe I'm defending Chelsy...what has the world come to. :p

Incas said:
I haven't read about Chelsy being Catholic. As far as I am aware of, that will be the only reason for Harry to relinquish his position in the line of succession if he marries a Catholic. Not that I think the girl doesn't need some emotional growth, that doesn't make her an unsuitable royal wife.

I can't believe I'm defending Chelsy...what has the world come to. :p

Marrying a Catholic simply bars you automatically under the Act of Settlement from the line of succession. Parliament may remove anyone from the succession for any reason whatsoever.

As in the case of Princess Margaret when she planned to marry Townsend, the Prime Minister would advise the Queen that Chelsy is not an appropriate candidate to become a royal wife because her father is politically unacceptable to the Government as a supporter of Mugabe.

The price for Harry for choosing to marry anyway would be Parliament passing an Act of Exclusion removing him from the line of succession and the Queen would be forced to issue letters patent removing his royal rank for defying the will of the Sovereign.

Not a pretty picture!

Why you guys judge this poor girl sooo much? well I have to say... I've judged Kate many times... But was just because my wish was to be william's girlfriend, I know that sounds really silly but it was happening...
Now I just realized that we need to be more realistic, we have no chance so
what is the point in being so rude and unfair with the prince's girlfriends?
backing to chelsy... She's just a rich teenager,she wants to enjoy her life with her boyfriend what is soooo wrong? Leave her alone.
this was just something that I needed to talk I'm sorry...
Well backing to the "no invitation" thing, I still with my mind in the same thing. The queen is absolutely right, by the way, Who am I to judge the queen?

Scan from a portuguese magazine NOVA GENTE. It talks about Chelsy's first gaffe by showing her bottom. LOL

I thought that would come back to Haunt her (poor girl thats bound to be embarassing)

guess it came back to bite her in the butt! (pun intended!) Guess she will have to start wearing higher hip jeans!

Becky24 said:
guess it came back to bite her in the butt! (pun intended!)
I guess she will have to start wearing higher hip jeans!
i don't think she would go along with not showing ANYTHING. If she won't show some butt , she would show something else, or it wouldn't be Chelsy:D

I just don't understand why many of you are soooo hard on her.:(

segolen said:
i don't think she would go along with not showing ANYTHING. If she won't show some butt , she would show something else, or it wouldn't be Chelsy:D

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen her fully covered.

segolen said:
This is true, but not very classy;)

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
And probably one of the reasons why the Queen has yet to approve of her.
I doubt that day will ever come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then all the lovebirds need to do is wait it out like Papa Charles.:D :p

Little_star said:
I doubt that day will ever come.
Well people used to say that about HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, Crown Princess of England...;)

Incas said:
Then all the lovebirds need to do is wait it out like Papa Charles.:D :p

They'll be waiting a long time because there is no way Prince Charles or The Queen will approve a marriage for Harry and Chelsy. She is completely unsuitable.

branchg said:
They'll be waiting a long time because there is no way Prince Charles or The Queen will approve a marriage for Harry and Chelsy. She is completely unsuitable.

Diana was said "suitable" and what happened :D ?

AgnesK said:

I could say say a few things about this subject but could we stay on the topic of chelsy please.

HRHAmy said:
I could say say a few things about this subject but could we stay on the topic of chelsy please.

I meant that saying that someone is "suitable" is not enough. All that counts is that Harry loves Chelsy. If he does it is not important whether she is "suitable".

AgnesK said:

Diana got herself into an unsuitable sitiation without asking for it. That's the diferrence. Chelsy is no Diana. She is too... how to put it politely?...trashy. :rolleyes:
The new gals, Chelsy and Kate, should be judged by their own merits and in any case against each other. Not against the situation with the late Diana. Is like comparing apples and oranges.

Toledo said:
Diana got herself into an unsuitable sitiation without asking for it. That's the diferrence. Chelsy is no Diana. She is too... how to put it politely?...trashy. :rolleyes:
The new gals, Chelsy and Kate, should be judged by their own merits and in any case against each other. Not against the situation with the late Diana. Is like comparing apples and oranges.

Diana knew what she was doing marrying Charles. She was not insane. How do you know Chelsy is "trashy"? Do you know her or you only read tabloids ;) ? Being "suitable" is not enough. The question is - does Harry love her? If he does that is not your or my business to jugde his girlfriend "suitable" or not. Everybody judge Diana as "suitable bride for Charles" but she was not suitable for HIM at all - she was "suitable" for the public. And look what happened. Don't make the same mistake with Harry and his girlfriend.

It's probably better if we leave the subject of Diana to other threads and just confine ourselves to Harry and Chelsy.

Warren
British Forums Moderator

Warren said:
It's probably better if we leave the subject of Diana to other threads and just confine ourselves to Harry and Chelsy.

You are right but I was only comparing the situations. IMO that does not matter if Chelsy is "suitable" :) That is all :)

AgnesK said:
You are right but I was only comparing the situations. IMO that does not matter if Chelsy is "suitable" :) That is all :)

Well it WILL matter to the Queen if she is suitable or not and you're right, we don't know enough about her to know if she is suitable or not but by the looks of her, (leaving her rear out in the clear) and some of the things she wears she doesn't look like she'd fit into the royal family to me. And I know there is all this talk about other girls her age wearing these clothes, but when you're dating a person in the royal family you will get scrutinized because members of THAT family don't run around in those kinds of clothes. If she can last through this media storm then that's great but we have the right to express our feelings about her no matter if they're good or bad or about her being classy or trashy.;)

HRHAmy said:
And I know there is all this talk about other girls her age wearing these clothes, but when you're dating a person in the royal family you will get scrutinized because members of THAT family don't run around in those kinds of clothes.

Almost all girls of her age wear that kind of clothes. I don't think she should change her wardrobe because she is dating Harry. They are both pretty normal twenty ones :D I don't think that we have any title to tell that she is not "suitable" :) This is the word from the very distant era for me :) ! And looking at royal family marriage record - they are the last people to tell somebody who is or is not "suitable" :D General message from me - live the girl alone :)

AgnesK said:
I meant that saying that someone is "suitable" is not enough. All that counts is that Harry loves Chelsy. If he does it is not important whether she is "suitable".

It's not that simple. Harry is a prince of the UK who is third in line to the throne at this time. He cannot marry a girl who is unacceptable to the Government due to the fact her father has ties to Mugabe. He knows that.

branchg said:
It's not that simple. Harry is a prince of the UK who is third in line to the throne at this time. He cannot marry a girl who is unacceptable to the Government due to the fact her father has ties to Mugabe. He knows that.

Why he cannot? Chelsy does not have links with Mugabe and Harry is not dating her father :D . Chelsy is not responsible for her dad. If I am not wrong according to the law Harry cannot marry catholic but this is not Chelsy case.

AgnesK said:
Why he cannot? Chelsy does not have links with Mugabe and Harry is not dating her father :D . Chelsy is not responsible for her dad. If I am not wrong according to the law Harry cannot marry catholic but this is not Chelsy case.

She does have links to her father, who is unacceptable to the Government, and cannot be a member of the royal family. Harry cannot marry under the Royal Marriages Act without the permission of the Queen, who would have to seek advice from the Prime Minister to approve it. Such approval would not be forthcoming.

If Harry is willing to renounce his place in the line of succession and relinquish his rank as a Royal Highness and Prince of the UK, then he probably could marry her. But then he would just be The Lord Henry Windsor, or at best, an Earl, if he was lucky to be granted a peerage.

With what happened the last time a Windsor gave up his right to the throne (think back to the 1930's), I don't think it would be the best idea for him to do so.

I think Chelsy is just one of many fazes for Harry and we should wait it out until he finds someone who the Queen likes and also has the personality he desires. I dont' see Harry as setteling down with one woman so young, there are many, many, many fish out there in the sea for him and I think he'll take that opportunity when it comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom