The Chelsy Davy Thread 2: November 2005-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gossip

Hum? Just one thread for pics and news and tidbits? Kate has several threads (What does Will likes about her?, Kate in Hello, Kate pictures, etc.) hasn't she? I mean that makes things a bit clearer, no?

Whatever, :)

From The Sun (prepare your bucket of salt)

Chelsy dealt Royal snub

PRINCE Harry’s girlfriend Chelsy Davy has been dealt a Christmas snub by the Royal Family. She did not receive an invitation to the royals’ festive get-together — but Prince William’s girlfriend WILL be there.
The Queen has invited Kate Middleton, 23, to Sandringham, while 20-year-old Chelsy has been ignored. She and Harry will try to put the rejection behind them by spending the New Year together on a paradise island.

Thank God the Queen has some sense not to have invited Chelsy.

Its such a short time of realtionship between then for a christimas with family... I think thats corret, the queen is corret ;)

It makes sense that the Queen didn't invite Chelsy. William and Kate have been together much longer than Harry and Chelsy have. Plus, Kate being more discreet about everything probably helps her.

I doubt the Queen's decision has anything to do with the length of the relationship, but the fact that Chelsy is highly controversial due to her father's connections with Mugabe. There is no way the Prime Minister would ever approve a marriage and, therefore, Harry will eventually have to move on for the sake of the Crown.

I doubt this would happen, but if Harry really wanted to marry Chelsy, couldn't he just remove himself from the line of succession? I know it's highly unlikely, just wondering.

soCal girl said:
I doubt this would happen, but if Harry really wanted to marry Chelsy, couldn't he just remove himself from the line of succession? I know it's highly unlikely, just wondering.

Under the Royal Marriages Act, Harry could not marry Chelsy at the present time without the Queen's consent. Once he reaches age 25, he could marry without the consent of the Sovereign, provided he declared his intention in writing to the Privy Council and waited one year.

If the Prime Minister refused to approve the marriage, Parliament would pass an Act to exclude Harry from the line of succession and, very likely, stripping him of his rank of Royal Highness and Prince of the UK.

It's good that they havent been invited to the "royal get-together."
Now Harry and Chlesy can have fun and enjoy themselves rather than worrying about pleasing the Queen. I don't think Harry and Chelsy really care what the Queen or who ever else thinks about their relationship.They care about eachother which is more important.Unlike Kate, who would skip a heartbeat if she was told to, Chelsy is her own person and I wish Harry and her, both have a great time----ALONE!!

Harry will be with his family, I'm sure. And he better care what the Queen thinks. (there are no signs whatsoever that he doesn't)

You seem to know a lot more about the royal girlfriends than what you possibly can have learnt from newpaper reports and pictures. There's no way I can say that Kate is not her own person, so how can you? And what has Chesley done to show that she is her own person? Dressing and behaving like so many other young and immature girls doesn't make her very special and "of her own mind." I have never seen or heard that she has stood up for herself or anybody else or having had to fight for anything. That's ok for now, but don't make her into something she isn't. She is fun? Oh?How do we know? People say Kate is fun too. Why don't you believe that? Don't tell me you can see it from pictures, please.

atina said:
Harry will be with his family, I'm sure. And he better care what the Queen thinks. (there are no signs whatsoever that he doesn't)

Harry is young and entitled to have a girlfriend who makes him happy. But he also knows and understands he has responsibilities as a prince of the blood royal who is so close to the throne. And he most certainly does care what his grandmother and father thinks.

I highly doubt Harry would defy the Queen or his father with regard to the issue of Chelsy. Prince Charles has made it clear to him what he will tolerate.

I was looking at image galleries and found a couple that weren't posted in the previous thread of Chelsy arriving at Heathrow? Does anyone or would anyone please post those pics? They are at isifa.com. The one I find interesting is the first one where she seems to have something blue in front of her and appears to be giving two thumbs up to photographers. I could be wrong it's such a small picture. I hope we get some new Prince Harry Photos soon.
P.S. This is such a good forum, I love the diverse opinions.

Photo

New pic of Chelsy
Courtesy Isifa.

Attachments

• is_11444592.jpg
    is_11444592.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 658
Last edited by a moderator:
Eh looks like she's just running from the paparazzi, not giving a thumbs up. She also looks like she might have something in her eye?? :confused:

Well just throwing this out could it be possible that the tabolid was wrong, or that maybe Chelsy doesn't want to spend Christmas in a different country without her family.

I think it is a little much to refer to the Queen as (word has been deleated, from orginial post) for something that we don't know (and probaby isn't true).

ETA : I changed the word from the *** I didn't think that it reflected my orginial intention anymore

Last edited:
Oppie said:
Well just throwing this out could it be possible that the tabolid was wrong, or that maybe Chelsy doesn't want to spend Christmas in a different country without her family.
I think it is a little much to refer to the Queen as (word has been deleated, from orginial post) for something that we don't know (and probaby isn't true).
The Queen is the Sovereign and subject to the Prime Minister's advice. To permit Chelsy to join the royal family or visit a royal palace is unacceptable due to her father's unsavory connections. This is just the reality of royal life.

I'm sure the Queen wants Harry to be happy and enjoy himself, but he is a prince of the blood royal who must follow the will of the Sovereign.

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!!!

:mad: Oops, sorry to use bad language. My post got deleted so let me express myself more delicately. If the Queen did indeed snub Chelsy, then I've lost respect for her. She should have learned something from her son's unhappy marriage, which we all know he entered into because he thought it was "good for the crown". Bah!

I wish Harry the best in his choice of a lover/partner/wife. I hope he chooses according to his own heart and not to please his father or grandmother.

I don't think she is snubbing Chelsy in a rude way. Yes, she is Harry's grandmother but she is also the Queen of the Commonwealth and she has to think about those things too. I really don't think it is as big of a deal as the media is trying to make it.

atina said:

You seem to know a lot more about the royal girlfriends than what you possibly can have learnt from newpaper reports and pictures. There's no way I can say that Kate is not her own person, so how can you? And what has Chesley done to show that she is her own person? Dressing and behaving like so many other young and immature girls doesn't make her very special and "of her own mind." I have never seen or heard that she has stood up for herself or anybody else or having had to fight for anything. That's ok for now, but don't make her into something she isn't. She is fun? Oh?How do we know? People say Kate is fun too. Why don't you believe that? Don't tell me you can see it from pictures, please.
You don't have to say that Kate is not her own person, because that's how you view her, to me she is just another girl trying to impress the Queen.There is no possible way for any of us to know who is more fun, but the type of news articles that are written about them and photographs that we see of them, gives ME a good idea on how their personalties are.When was the last time you heard of Kate doing something adventerous or fun?OK, forget about their pictures, you can tell about a person by their clothes.Have you seen the way Kate dresses?She dresses like a grandma.(nothing against grandmas:) )Chelsy dresses like many people her age.Many of the clothes she wears are not THAT bad.

"When was the last time you heard of Kate doing something adventerous or fun?"

So the fact that you don't see pictures of Kate sky-diving or lurching out of a club looking an absolute mess mean she's boring?!

"Many of the clothes she wears are not THAT bad."
You're right. They're hideous.

Comparisons

I think each girl suits her man. Harry would probably be bored to tears with Kate and William would have his hands much too full with Chelsy. :) Each girl has her good points and her not so good points. Kate isn't better than Chelsy.

But what is it that Chelsey does that is do fantastically exciting and what is it that Kate does that is so boring?? From what I've seen they live pretty much the same kind of lives. Uni, clubs, shops, holidays etc.

A classicly dressed girl can be as funny and interesting as one that has to read the fashion mags before she dresses.

And what is it that Kate has done that so obviously was done to impress the Queen? And you know that Chesey hasn't done anything similar?

One thing is for sure though: to become a princess and be able to live a good and happy life as a member of the royal family, Chelsey will have to go through the biggest change. Or else she will be "killed" by the court and the press. No matter how much Harry loves her.

polop said:
You don't have to say that Kate is not her own person, because that's how you view her, to me she is just another girl trying to impress the Queen.There is no possible way for any of us to know who is more fun, but the type of news articles that are written about them and photographs that we see of them, gives ME a good idea on how their personalties are.When was the last time you heard of Kate doing something adventerous or fun?OK, forget about their pictures, you can tell about a person by their clothes.Have you seen the way Kate dresses?She dresses like a grandma.(nothing against grandmas:) )Chelsy dresses like many people her age.Many of the clothes she wears are not THAT bad.

Eh hem, I'm 21 years old and I dress like kate and I know a lot of people my age who do dress like Kate. Just because you dress with class doesn't mean you're a grandma! I think what Kate wears is very nice and I'm glad that she wears what she wants without having to show her body off every second.

Kate seems conservative like William, and Chelsy seems to like to live it up like Harry. They're just different sorts of people. Neither one is better than the other. But just because someone is conservative, that doesn't mean they don't know how to have fun. "Fun" is relative. "Fun" for Kate and William might be a quiet evening at home watching movies or listening to CDs. Or it might be doing outdoorsy things like riding or hiking. "Fun" for someone else like Chelsy might be club-hopping. It all depends on the person. Everyone likes having fun in their own ways.

atina said:
One thing is for sure though: to become a princess and be able to live a good and happy life as a member of the royal family, Chelsey will have to go through the biggest change. Or else she will be "killed" by the court and the press. No matter how much Harry loves her.

The only way Harry could marry Chelsy is to reliniquish his royal rank and title and his place in the line of succession, so I don't think we have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom