The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Well put, Tzu An.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you branchg and Tzu_An for expressing the situation better than I did.

"The other one might be able to control her partying and maybe disguise her partying lifestyle, but I think she will be very simialr to Chelsy, because that's how Harry is.:)"

Seeing as i don't know Harry personally I have no idea what he is like or what he looks for in a woman. I just see a guy like any other his age, he likes to go out and have a drink. In another couple of years time he'll probably prefer something else.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Which is why I think he should break up with her now.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Nobility

if harry breaks up with chelsy (pia haraldsen No.2), YAY!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt he will right now, he seems like he is really in love.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Nobility

It remains to be seen what happens with Harry and Chelsey but if they do marry rest assured it would have to be a private affair as any public ceremony would be met with embarassing scenes. I know some people will say the same was predicted with Charles and Camilla but it's far from the same thing. The British public can be passive on certain issues but they have a reputation of being very vocal when it comes to perceived political miscarraiges of justice and Robert Mugabe is a particuarly despised figure in this country. Of course Chelsey is an innocent young girl but her father seems to be a real slippery character. According to the Telegraph Group the United States has publicly blacklisted the business partner of Charles Davy and Mr Davy has always refused to distance himself from the Zanu-PF leader who is a close confidant and crony of Mr Mugabe's.

A US citizen found trading with any individual, company or entity on the blacklist is liable to prosecution and a fine of up to $500,000 (£290,000).

According to a White House statement, President George W Bush ordered US authorities to "block the property of additional persons undermining democratic processes or institutions in Zimbabwe, their immediate family members and anyone assisting them".

Mr Davy, 53, lives in a mansion in the rugged bush of one of Africa's largest private game reserves, Lemco.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

But I think that a small wedding would be out of character for them.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

It's a bit off topic, but since we are talking about Mr Davy's business, does anyone know where his clients come from?
Old 01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
It's a bit off topic, but since we are talking about Mr Davy's business, does anyone know where his clients come from?
His clients are ridiculously wealthy people who pay $30,000 per day to shoot wildlife, animals that are endangered even. I think they come from all over the world really.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

they are allowed to shoot even endangered animals?? :(
Old 01-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky24
they are allowed to shoot even endangered animals?? :(

Unfortunately yes!!

As the money is so huge the people making the money don't care about the future of the species and just want the money now.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

But can't they get in trouble for that?
Old 01-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Nobility

And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering. :) :)
Old 01-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
But can't they get in trouble for that?

Not if the government of the country concerned doesn't have a law against hunting endangered species, or if the necessary officials are corrupt and are taking a kick-back.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering. :) :)

I think this is a case of the child being blamed for the 'sins' of the father.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

"And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering. :) :)"

Well for starters she seems to have no objection to how her father earns his money or the "friends" he keeps. She actually seems to enjoy the "fruits" of his labour.
If this were were to become serious then she would have to cut herself off from her family and she doesn't seem the type to have the principles to do that.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"If this were were to become serious then she would have to cut herself off from her family and she doesn't seem the type to have the principles to do that.
If she did that, she wouldn't get the chance to go to a British school nor get the chance to meet Harry.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"And why is all this Chelsy's fault?Iam just wondering. :) :)"

Well for starters she seems to have no objection to how her father earns his money or the "friends" he keeps. She actually seems to enjoy the "fruits" of his labour.
If this were were to become serious then she would have to cut herself off from her family and she doesn't seem the type to have the principles to do that.
Just because one doesn't approve of the parent's actions doesn't mean one should have to completely cut themselves off. What a ridiculaous statement/expectation. My God-it's the girls family. She's never aligned herself with any of her father's "friends." Chelsy should not have to give up her priveleged life style simply because people disapprove of her father. It's not her fault who her father is and it's certainly not her fault she was born into the situation she was.

Did Maxima cut herself off from her father?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

"Just because one doesn't approve of the parent's actions doesn't mean one should have to completely cut themselves off. What a ridiculaous statement/expectation. My God-it's the girls family. She's never aligned herself with any of her father's "friends." Chelsy should not have to give up her priveleged life style simply because people disapprove of her father. It's not her fault who her father is and it's certainly not her fault she was born into the situation she was."
But that's the whole point, if she wants to take things further she should make it clear that she doesn't approve of her father's business associates or the way he acts. The fact is,she is perfectly willing to accept it ergo she approves of it.

"Did Maxima cut herself off from her father?"

As far as I am aware, Maxima's father was an unsavoury individual, however the Dutch Government did not have policies against him, per se. If Chelsy ever did marry into the royal Family the political fall-out would be huge.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Just because one doesn't approve of the parent's actions doesn't mean one should have to completely cut themselves off. What a ridiculaous statement/expectation. My God-it's the girls family. She's never aligned herself with any of her father's "friends." Chelsy should not have to give up her priveleged life style simply because people disapprove of her father. It's not her fault who her father is and it's certainly not her fault she was born into the situation she was.

Did Maxima cut herself off from her father?
Exactly. Why should cut off her father for what he does?I mean if he was Hitler I could understand some of your guys concern. I have never heard of Chelsy going off and hunting endangered animals...?? :) :)

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy