The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Harry is only 20, so I think he's allowed to have fun and have girlfriends. He's not getting married.

Old 12-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

"Well, Harry is only 20, so I think he's allowed to have fun and have girlfriends."

Nobody has ever stated that he isn't, but if he's going to do so he could at least date somebody who isn't as cheap and tacky as Chelsy.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Well, Harry is only 20, so I think he's allowed to have fun and have girlfriends."

Nobody has ever stated that he isn't, but if he's going to do so he could at least date somebody who isn't as cheap and tacky as Chelsy.
It's true that cheap and tacky is a bad thing, but it is subjective. What one person considers tacky, someone else might think is just right. We may perceive her anyway we like, but it won't change the fact that Harry seems to like her.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Prince Harry cannot hide it... He's head over heals in love with Chelsy Davy
Thanks for the translation! :)
Old 01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Thanks for the translation! :)
You're welcome!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Chelsy: My fear over Harry By DUNCAN LARCOMBE
PRINCE Harry’s girlfriend has told pals their long-distance relationship may be too hard to keep up.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006000052,00.html
Old 01-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Nobility

I don't think they'll break-up. Let's hope so. :)
Old 01-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Nobility

I just hope that they are happy. I mean who are we to deprive them of that?
Old 01-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

This sounds familiar. I think this came up the same time last year.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Another article of the same story with more details on Harry and Chelsy's holiday:

Can Chelsy hang on to her Prince Harry?
by REBECCA ENGLISH, Daily Mail 08:17am 2nd January 2006
Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy has admitted she is madly in love but fears their 18-month romance is doomed. The 20-year-old Zimbabwean blonde, currently on holiday with the prince on a paradise island, is said to be particularly concerned about the lack of time they will have together after he graduates from Sandhurst in April.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5
Old 01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Another article of the same story with more details on Harry and Chelsy's holiday
I'll believe it when I see it, the pictures that is. These tabloids are known to make up stories. But I am glad they're having a good time.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Aristocracy

They seem to be too much in tune to break up. I agree, with HRHAmy.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

They're both young and should enjoy their time together. But she's smart to realize it won't last forever because there is no way a marriage will ever happen for them.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

So why don't they just break up then?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
So why don't they just break up then?
Because they are in love :)

Seriously..its a first love. And while some of us are lucky to meet and marry our first love...it doesn't work that way for everyone. Due to his position..he simply can't marry Chelsy now.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Due to his position..he simply can't marry Chelsy now."

Harry would never be able to marry Chelsy. Aside from the fact she's an embarrassment, her family has some pretty unsavoury connections. He'd have to abdicate and I cannot see that happening.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Royal Highness

Chelsy is not her father and from the little information about her, she doesn't seem to be a politically active person. Her father's business association is an unfortunate bagage for her. At least the articles seems to indicate she does think about more than the next party. As to Harry, nice to see Sandhurst hasn't worn him out yet.:) However, even if he does marry Chelsy, he is only a Prince, not the King. So he doesn't need to abdicate, nor relinquish his position in line of succession since she is not Catholic.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Chelsy is not her father and from the little information about her, she doesn't seem to be a politically active person. Her father's business association is an unfortunate bagage for her. At least the articles seems to indicate she does think about more than the next party. As to Harry, nice to see Sandhurst hasn't worn him out yet.:) However, even if he does marry Chelsy, he is only a Prince, not the King. So he doesn't need to abdicate, nor relinquish his position in line of succession since she is not Catholic.
Assuming for a moment that Harry waited until he was 25 to decide, The Queen would still have to seek advice from the Prime Minister as to what the Government's position is on Chelsy becoming a member of the royal family, given her father's unsavory association with Mugabe.

The marriage would be politically controversial and the Crown would have to seek advice, especially if Harry remained third in line for the throne. If there was no objection, then everything would be fine.

If there was an objection, then Harry would be faced with the same situation Princess Margaret was when she wanted to marry Townsend....An Act of Renunciation passed by Parliament.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Due to his position..he simply can't marry Chelsy now."
Harry would never be able to marry Chelsy. Aside from the fact she's an embarrassment, her family has some pretty unsavoury connections. He'd have to abdicate and I cannot see that happening.
Didn't a lot of people say that about Maxima? Personally, I don't see Harry marrying Chelsy either, but I think he WILL marry someone VERY simialr to her.The other one might be able to control her partying and maybe disguise her partying lifestyle, but I think she will be very simialr to Chelsy, because that's how Harry is.:)
Old 01-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Didn't a lot of people say that about Maxima?
Yes, true, but the Queen herself has friends and family who have had to flee Zimbabwe and leave everything behind. This affects the British government in general more directly than the activities of Maxima's father did the other government. Whether Chelsy likes it or not, she most likely will be dumped sooner or later. It isn't just about two individuals, things are more complicated.

If Harry gets permission of the Queen and British government to marry Chelsy her father will get close to the royal circle and closer to the government. The British government is in direct conflict with Mugabe. Since her father is involved with the Mugabe regime it could/would be a implicit endorsement of Mugabe, therefore complicating things considerably. Furthermore, it would look a little hypocritical if Chelsy, as Duchess of York attended Human Rights conventions while her father collaberates with a regime killing white farmers and black farm workers indiscriminantly.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy